ADVERTISEMENT

St. James Bay golf course

saenole

Star Player
Jan 9, 2007
I have never been there, but their website claims they're the #2 golf course in Florida. Is that possible?

When I was growing up in north Florida in the 50s and 60s, there wasn't much to recommend the area around Carrabelle and Dog Island. I realize that a lot has changed since then, but has someone really invested the money needed to put together a world class golf resort in this part of the world?

Not sure I would rank it #2, but it is a damn good golf course. I would think TPC and Doral easily trump St James Bay, but it's by far the best course I have played in the panhandle. Within 2 hrs of Tally, the only other comparable course in quality would be Kinderlou in Valdosta.

Not sure I would rank it #2, but it is a damn good golf course. I would think TPC and Doral easily trump St James Bay, but it's by far the best course I have played in the panhandle. Within 2 hrs of Tally, the only other comparable course in quality would be Kinderlou in Valdosta.
Played Kinderlou last month and really liked the layout. St. James Bay is nice but you better bring a lot of balls. Really tricky and target golf. Only lost one ball at Kinderlou, can't say that about St James Bay....

Pretty much this. No way it's #2 in the state. There's got to be some other qualifying statement to that.

Love St. James Bay, just wish it was a little closer to Tallahassee.

Pretty much this. No way it's #2 in the state. There's got to be some other qualifying statement to that.

Love St. James Bay, just wish it was a little closer to Tallahassee.
#2 public course maybe? I don't know, but it's plush. I played it a few weeks ago and it was in great shape. I'm telling how many balls I lost.

Must mean #2 public, but even that feel off. Sawgrass and Doral as previously mentioned. Camp Creek over near Destin. I'm sure I could rattle off a few more, but those leapt to mind.

Streamsong is best course I've played in Florida . Better than copperhead

Both World Woods golf courses up in the Brooksville area have to be high up that list.

The fact that St James Bay is even in the conversation with those courses speaks to what a hidden gem it is. Plus, the fact that you could play it 5 times for the cost of a single round at TPC or Streamsong.....

Reactions: ncnole1975
I've played SJB a lot lately and it is a really nice course. No idea where it should be ranked but its fun and challenging. For sure bring a lot of balls b/c it is target golf that requires a lot of 175-225 shots with little room for error.
Also, most people probably saw this but they are running another special with Boosters this Football season. Includes discounts on condos, merchandise and food along with $40 rounds for boosters. Not sure all the details but its not a bad option for people traveling in for games. Its 50 minutes from the course to Tally on a normal day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT