ADVERTISEMENT

Stamkos is a cyborg!!!

nolealum99

Freshman
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2002
Less than two weeks after having surgery to repair a broken tibia, Stamkos strolled into his first post-surgery press conference wearing street shoes....NO CRUTCHES, NO BOOT!! I really hope he doesn't push it and come back before he should although the Bolts are missing him. A hall of fame career is not worth one year if you can be back 100% by waiting. This guy is unbelievable shape. I am really glad the Bolts had signed Gary Roberts from the Pens that year when Stammer came in the league. His workout regimen is really paying off.

I was down in Tampa for the game last night, and Marty's 1000th game was celebrated. Andreychuk and Brad Richards presented him with something, Yzerman presented him a silver stick, Vinik a Rolex, guess who walks on the ice (on the rug) as a presenter??? Stamkos!!!! Dressed in a suit and tie, and with a very noticeable limp, Stamkos walks out to present Marty with something. It was not only an awesome ceremony for Marty, but it was really awesome to see Stammer in person, walking on to the ice.

Saw the highlights last night, couldn't have been a better tribute and result, unless of course Vinny made a surprise appearance. Saw him a couple weeks ago sporting Flyer Orange, yeech...

He will be back tonight in the Flyer orange. Unfortunately I cannot attend. It will be a weird sight to see.

Stamkos back on the ice for the first time today!!!!!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

The Bolts just keep on winning without him. Now 5 in a row. They are playing as a complete team right now and finding ways to win.

Stammer practiced today in full pads with non-contact jersey. Guy keeps amazing me.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I saw he completed in the whole morning skate on Thursday as you posted. That is a huge step forward over skating on your own or taking a few shots here and there. Bolts could use him as they are on a bit of a slide right now. Good thing is that none of the division is playing very well. They are actually playing better on the road right now and crappy at home which is a big reversal for them. Bishop looked human for the first time in a while giving up 5 goals and 3 after the Bolts had a 4-2 lead. Bolts have been really struggling as of late closing teams out, which has been their strong suit through much of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT