ADVERTISEMENT

Summer Vacation Tip

bourbonisyourfriend

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2020
I'd like to make a plug for my new friend Dan, AKA Dansquatch with Clinch Life Outfitters. I took my son Tommy, AKA T-bone, on a fishing trip with Dansquatch and in my opinion this is what a vacation is meant to be. In 3 days my almost 9 year old son never once asked to look at a screen (which is very unusual for him). Not a TV, nintendo, or ipad. Just walking in creeks, hiking, skipping stones, walking around a tiny downtown that looks like the set of a 1950s/1960s movie, and learning to fly fish. Tommy caught 2 large mouth bass and a bluegill. I am so bad at fishing I didn't catch anything, but that wasn't the point for me, spending quality time with my son before he's too cool for me was my main goal.
Dan off-handedly mentioned he's a fly fishing guide during a call in show back in February (in the Youtube comment section during a call-in show) and the NoleHarmony idea was born from there. For me it was 1,000x better than the beach and 1,000,000 x better than Disney. No lines, no shopping, no deadlines, no alarm clock, and almost no other people!! My wife and daughters are jealous and wanting to come on the next trip.
One last thing, St Paul, VA is only 3 hours from Winston Salem, 4 hours from Chapel Hill, and 4 hours from Clemson (if you're looking for a way to pre or post-celebrate an FSU road victory this fall).

I thought this thread would be about the crowds already hitting the road and jamming the national parks.
But glad your son had a good time!

Reactions: MagNoleA
I thought this thread would be about the crowds already hitting the road and jamming the national parks.
But glad your son had a good time!
I was thinking the same exact thing. Wow! I'd rather be jammin' in the streets; aaaaa-aaaall night long.
Aaaaaa-aaaall night long. :)
Lionel Ritchie. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT