ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl thread

NoleLizards

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2004
Not even sure how many people on here really care about the outcome of the actual game. You all might more involved with the food you're serving, the beverages you're consuming, the commercials, or even the halftime show.

If anyone actually cares about the football game, what are your predictions and thoughts?? I'll be pulling for the Chiefs but think that Philly has the edge nearly across the board (including, most importantly, on both sides of the ball in the trenches). I think that Andy Reid and his staff will have to coach the game of their lives, and Patrick Mahomes will have to display no effects from his recent high ankle sprain in order to carry his team on his back so they can have a chance to win late in the game.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but the Iggles take it 34-21.

I despise the fans of every team in Philadelphia; having said that, they look like the better of the two teams.

Oh wait; I hate Chiefs fans as well, thanks to them trying to coop the War Chant as their idea. Bastages.

Guess I'll just drink and socialize.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Oh wait; I hate Chiefs fans as well, thanks to them trying to coop the War Chant as their idea. Bastages.

Guess I'll just drink and socialize.
We both love the Braves, and their fans do the War Chant. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Reactions: bcherod
Braves fans don't claim to have started it, though. Chiefs fans do.

At least Atlanta can say it was first done IN Atlanta, but not my Braves fans; by a large group of Noles at that game.

At least Atlanta can say it was first done IN Atlanta, but not my Braves fans; by a large group of Noles at that game.
I wasn't aware that Chefs fans claim to have started it. That's lame.

I may be misinterpreting the above, but to set the record straight, it was first started IN Auburn by FSU in 1984. Years later, at an FSU Day at the Braves, when the PA announcer announced the Atlanta club being in attendance, that was the first time it was done in Atlanta. The Braves attendance in early 1991 was terrible. The Saturday when it was started, there were about 3,000 total attendance, of which 300 or more were the local club.
Proud to have been there at both Auburn and the FSU Day at the Braves in ATL

Reactions: bcherod
I may be misinterpreting the above, but to set the record straight, it was first started IN Auburn by FSU in 1984. Years later, at an FSU Day at the Braves, when the PA announcer announced the Atlanta club being in attendance, that was the first time it was done in Atlanta. The Braves attendance in early 1991 was terrible. The Saturday when it was started, there were about 3,000 total attendance, of which 300 or more were the local club.
Think you're a year off. I clearly remember the thrilling 42-41 loss to Auburn @ Doak in '84. (Bo Jackson was out due to injury, but his backup Brent Fullwood went off on us.) We did get blown out up there the next season... Perhaps you're thinking of that game?

Think you're a year off. I clearly remember the thrilling 42-41 loss to Auburn @ Doak in '84. (Bo Jackson was out due to injury, but his backup Brent Fullwood went off on us.) We did get blown out up there the next season... Perhaps you're thinking of that game?
You are right. We were at Doak in 1984. Pat Washington had his best game ever for Auburn. It was a game that had some crazy events. first, Auburn won the toss and deferred. Our captain made the botch that we would kick, thus we got to kick off both halves. At the end of the game, Herb Gainer stepped out with time left on the clock, but the officials let it expire. We were in FG range for Derek Schmidt but he never got the chance to kick. Helluva game but for the bad calls (on the coin toss and the end by the officials )

You are right. We were at Doak in 1984. Pat Washington had his best game ever for Auburn. It was a game that had some crazy events. first, Auburn won the toss and deferred. Our captain made the botch that we would kick, thus we got to kick off both halves. At the end of the game, Herb Gainer stepped out with time left on the clock, but the officials let it expire. We were in FG range for Derek Schmidt but he never got the chance to kick. Helluva game but for the bad calls (on the coin toss and the end by the officials )
Ya. During the stretch between the departure of Big Ron & Co. and the hiring of Mickey Andrews, FSU football was largely defense optional.

No, you interpreted right, and I was unaware of the Auburn story. I, too, was at that FSU outing; what a blast, though I recall we lost.

I am rooting for the Eagles ( 4 Noles vs 2 for the Chiefs)
Also like Hurts, that guy has worked his ass off to become a pretty good pro QB and didnt let getting benched during the NC game shake his confidence.
Games are won at the LOS, Eagles are better on each line , think that is the difference
28-21 Eagles

Side bonus ,
As stated in another thread , I really want to hear all the talking heads explain why Mahomes is the greatest ever even though he is one overthrown ball from JimmyG away from being 0-3 in big games.

No, you interpreted right, and I was unaware of the Auburn story. I, too, was at that FSU outing; what a blast, though I recall we lost.
Correct about that loss… but up until 1991 the Braves were accustomed to losing. The five prior years they were in the basement of the division, averaging being 26 games out of first place. 1991 was the turning point. Won 14 straight division championships and only 1 World Series. Ironically, it was started in the middle of the Noles 14 year run with only 1 Natty. It was a great, albeit frustrating time, to be a Noles fan living in the ATL.

• Love
Reactions: seminoleed
Wow, the game used to start right at 6:30... Guess they have to squeeze in as many commercials as they can prior to kickoff.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Correct about that loss… but up until 1991 the Braves were accustomed to losing. The five prior years they were in the basement of the division, averaging being 26 games out of first place. 1991 was the turning point. Won 14 straight division championships and only 1 World Series. Ironically, it was started in the middle of the Noles 14 year run with only 1 Natty. It was a great, albeit frustrating time, to be a Noles fan living in the ATL.
I'm with you there. When the Braves moved to Atlanta, all the games were on radio on WSUN out of St. Pete. Every game i listened on my little transistor radio (yes, I am that old) and they became my favorite sports team. They were a big reason I moved to Atlanta after I graduated from FSU. Went to a Cubs game my 2nd day there and was schocked by:
A. The small size of the crowd and
B. The fact most of that small crowd were Cub fans.

As you noted, things got better, and that dynasty was a joy to watch. And the current group they have has the potential to be just as good.

Chiefs going to need a score to start the 3rd or this could get out of hand quick

Chiefs going to need a score to start the 3rd or this could get out of hand quick
Burkardt just made a good point. Halftime is going to be twice as long as normal. If Mahomes irritated his injury, sitting longer could exacerbate his situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT