ADVERTISEMENT

Survivor: Worlds Apart

Originally posted by Frank"the tank":
Originally posted by fsUTampa:
This season is shaping up to be the best in quite a while. Lots of gamers on this season.

Dan, Rodney, and Shirin seem to be the only 3 with zero chance of winning (thanks to their social game). It's too bad those 3 don't see it at all, because their only hope is if they all 3 end up in the final, meaning they'd have to team up right about now to make that work.

Looks like the 7 will probably pick off Joe/Jenn (whichever doesn't win immunity) next week, with the other going home the following week. Shirin might be seen as a pawn by a few of the 7 and survive the inevitable scramble that will happen once Joe/Jenn are gone.

Joe is going to have to go Ozzy-style and win out in every immunity challenge in order to win this thing. He made the perfect moves in picking who went with him on reward, but either he did nothing from a gaming standpoint after they left or editing didn't show it as it was completely ineffective.
Agree, really digging this season. It's refreshing not having retreads and redemption island.

I think Joe has enough to pull an Ozzy and run the table unless they have some sort of "cater to the lard ass" challenge.
I'm sure they will soon have one of those challenges where players cut the rope of other players to knock them out of the challenge. One of those challenges where you have absolutely no control over your fate. I hate those challenges.
Joe will be the first one out.

Agree about Joe, which is what I find maddening. A player who is deserving up to this point gets knocked out simply because he is, well, deserving.

We haven't really seen his gaming the mental part of it very much to this point. I do wonder if that is editing or if he is relying on his winning immunity and lying low rather than being strong in building alliances. Regardless, the others see him as an unbeatable foe if he is a finalist and thus he has to win out in challenges or he is definitely gone.

I think editing. Hey was gaming hard early in the game. And this time he voted for Hali when all his people were supposed to be voting Dan. I think there is a ton they are not showing gameplay wise.

He is screwed unless he wins out or gets an idol.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by 96Nole:
This season is shaping up to be the best in quite a while. Lots of gamers on this season.

Dan, Rodney, and Shirin seem to be the only 3 with zero chance of winning (thanks to their social game). It's too bad those 3 don't see it at all, because their only hope is if they all 3 end up in the final, meaning they'd have to team up right about now to make that work.

Looks like the 7 will probably pick off Joe/Jenn (whichever doesn't win immunity) next week, with the other going home the following week. Shirin might be seen as a pawn by a few of the 7 and survive the inevitable scramble that will happen once Joe/Jenn are gone.

Joe is going to have to go Ozzy-style and win out in every immunity challenge in order to win this thing. He made the perfect moves in picking who went with him on reward, but either he did nothing from a gaming standpoint after they left or editing didn't show it as it was completely ineffective.
Agree, really digging this season. It's refreshing not having retreads and redemption island.

I think Joe has enough to pull an Ozzy and run the table unless they have some sort of "cater to the lard ass" challenge.
I'm sure they will soon have one of those challenges where players cut the rope of other players to knock them out of the challenge. One of those challenges where you have absolutely no control over your fate. I hate those challenges.
I'm pretty sure those are reward-only type challenges, exactly for that reason.

I was thinking this too.

Originally posted by 939913Nole:

I was thinking this too.
I googled it and that challenge has been used for immunity challenges as well.

Survivor wiki

Hated seeing Joe go but that was inevitable to say the least. Should really start to heat up now and I have no idea who the clear cut leader for $$$ is at this point.

Great season.. And Hali really cleans up well
smokin.r191677.gif

Hated seeing Joe go but that was inevitable to say the least. Should really start to heat up now and I have no idea who the clear cut leader for $$$ is at this point.

smokin.r191677.gif

If Joe just didn't win the challenges so much he might still be there.... Ha. Has blowing individual immunity challenges for this reason ever been a strategy?

I truly cannot decide who I would want to win now. There are a bunch of blah people left, except for the loudmouth Rod who I hope goes down in flames.

Well I've lost Joe on my fantasy team, but I did swap Mike with Hali at the merge so that worked out. I'm hoping for a crack in the blue teams foundation this week with that preview of Rodney and Mike arguing, maybe that will revitalize Jenn. I like the way Tyler's game is playing out so far, he seems to be laying low while leaving himself with options.

Joe was likable and great at challenges, but struck out when he tried to find the immunity idol despite having a clue. I didn't see him do too much to ensure he had the numbers.

Meanwhile, it will be interesting so see how Rodney's plan for Mike pan out with Mike having the idol. Mike is wise to keep that quiet, but will he catch on to Rodney's plan at the right time? I hope the winner is someone else than those two.

Originally posted by rjstf:
Joe was likable and great at challenges, but struck out when he tried to find the immunity idol despite having a clue. I didn't see him do too much to ensure he had the numbers.

Meanwhile, it will be interesting so see how Rodney's plan for Mike pan out with Mike having the idol. Mike is wise to keep that quiet, but will he catch on to Rodney's plan at the right time? I hope the winner is someone else than those two.
I had to fast forward through that part of the episode 2 weeks ago, how did Mike actually find the idol? Just searching in that general area Joe was at?

He saw Joe get the clue at reward in a drink bottle. Joe shared the information with him since he knew that Mike saw it. Stupid. I really do not think the chick wants to go as bad as she made it seem.

It was actually Tyler that saw Joe get the clue. Joe then told him and Tyler ran and told Mike.

Joe probably should have not shared the clue even though Tyler saw it but a) maybe Tyler would keep quiet (he didn't ) or b) knowing he had clue, no way the blue team would allow him to run off to search for it anyway.

I agree Tyler is laying low and doing well. Rodney will be around for a long time because everyone wants him at end. The Shiri girl is crazy and has no social game.

Joe's mistake was trying to swallow that clue, I think he would've had a better chance of going undetected if he dumped it out next to him as discretely as possible. Once Tyler saw it he was screwed.

smokin.r191677.gif
Joe's consolation prize is a couple days alone with Hali (Kathy Ireland Jr.) at the jurors ranch. Or do they keep the earlier eliminated contestants around as well?

I still haven't figured out his intent with the fake idol. Making one was a good idea and he did a good job on it. Just did it too late to effectively use it. Seems like he could've caused more confusion by letting more people in on it than just Mike.

Lost. All. Respect. For. Will. His attack on Sharrine was completely uncalled for. I'm pulling for anyone other than Will or Rodney.

Reactions: peezy28
There was definitely some editing liberties with this episode. Dan and Sierra seemed to flip without much explanation at all even prior to Mike's "disruptions". And then Mike and Shirin still voted for Jenn in the end. Not sure what to make of any of that.

And I don't like the idea of a contestant having an extra vote.

At least previews seem to hint that Tyler makes a move and changes things up again next week.

There was definitely some editing liberties with this episode. Dan and Sierra seemed to flip without much explanation at all even prior to Mike's "disruptions". And then Mike and Shirin still voted for Jenn in the end. Not sure what to make of any of that.

At least previews seem to hint that Tyler makes a move and changes things up again next week.
Shirin's vote for Jenn made sense, as she knew the majority was splitting the vote between the two of them. Not clear on Mike's reasoning - maybe to get some jurors on his side by stting up a Joe/Jenn/Kali 3-way at the ranch.

The extra vote could've been an interesting twist if it came out as a surprise at TC, but the previews show that isn't going to happen. Looks like Tyler's move is going to be to search through Dan's stuff (which I think should be against the rules) after someone must've realized that he didn't receive any type of advantage during that immunity challenge. Still wrapping my head around when the best time to cast an extra vote would be, other than obvious save yourself scenarios (like tonights split between the only two in the minority).

I was surprise no one commented on the emptiness of Will's "offer" to sit out a challenge that he probably didn't have a chance in anyway. Although he did get off to a good start.

We were stunned when they should the voting at the end.... editing for sure

I believe it shows in the preview Tyler going through the bag and then telling Mama C he found out Dan has multiple votes.

Going through someone's stuff should be completely out of bounds. I'm not a huge fan of anyone left, but especially not Tyler after the preview showed him doing just that.
I think people are leaving Rod alone because they think he'd get no votes from the jury at the end, so why not keep him around.
Mama C is going to get brutal here soon. She's like a snake lying in wait.

Going through someone's stuff should be completely out of bounds. I'm not a huge fan of anyone left, but especially not Tyler after the preview showed him doing just that.
I think people are leaving Rod alone because they think he'd get no votes from the jury at the end, so why not keep him around.
Mama C is going to get brutal here soon. She's like a snake lying in wait.

Agree 100% with Tyler. He seems to be an instigator to the 100th power .Wormy little sucker or playing the perfect game. My opinion on this season seems to change weekly, not real sure who the hell I am rooting for anymore.

Agree 100% with Tyler. He seems to be an instigator to the 100th power .Wormy little sucker or playing the perfect game. My opinion on this season seems to change weekly, not real sure who the hell I am rooting for anymore.

Funny, that's my experience too especially after the no coll's started getting picked off. I'd normally agree that going through someone's stuff should be out of bounds, but when it's not against the rules you have to expect it could happen. With Dan there is no reason of holding on to that except for keepsake, hide it somewhere until after you use it.

What in the heck happened last night in that Tribal? So Mike never gave the idle to Shirin-- which I thought would have been total bad ass. But I guess that would have meant he has no protection...and must keep winning immunity idles.
Tyler is in the drivers seat for sure... he plays a very low key game though-- meaning does he deserve to win (editing may play into this though)...

There is soo much we don't see its hard to know who has the for real chance. Dan needs to get off the pot and make a play or he's got no shot to win.

They need to play to win... Not just to stick around for another tribal.

I see Rodney & Will in the finals because they are so completely abrasive.

I think Dan is finally going to see what Mike and Sharin have been telling him for the past week or so. Might be too late for him though.

I'm pulling for Mike and/or Caroline. I wish Mike had used the idol last night...it would've really shaken things up. Will and Rodney are awful.

I agree with him not using the idol. He had no real alliance with annoying Shirin, so it was worth the risk to let the vote play out. Now the alliance of six knows that one of them is going next and they are done as a block. Mike is set up as a potential swing vote if they split 3-3. I wonder if he'll have the cajones to pocket the idol for another week?

I'm not sure if I agree with Mike sneakily voting for Tyler though. It was probably the right call to try to eliminate the biggest threat, but he would've caused more future dissension if he wrote another name down. Dan & Tyler got wake up calls, someone else seeing their name would really shake things up.

There is not a single player left in this season that I want to win.

Same here. The three that are playing the game hard and deserve consideration to win are Mike, Rodney, and Tyler. I would be surprised if more than one of them, if any, make the finals.

Mike is very observant, as were Sandra, Russell, and Tony before him. However, his tactics haven't been the greatest. For example, calling out Rodney & Co. when he did.

Bump for current episode...

It's still sitting on my DVR until I get a chance to watch it, but I figured I'd get the conversation going and join back in later.

Pretty good episode. Mike doesn't have anymore safety nets though. Mama C reminds me of Tina from seasons past-- older/motherly ladies that will backstab you in a heartbeat ;). I wouldn't be surprised if she wins.

I'm glad Tyler is gone. I still hope Mike finds a way to win. Rodney and Will are useless.

BTW, if anyone didn't catch it Rodney's bday was that day during the taping...;)

Are you serious?! It was Rodney's birthday. It's a shame no one knew that

I will reiterate that there is no one that I feel I want to pull from to win. They are all pathetic.

Mike will win if he makes it and they all know it, which mean he is gone as soon as he loses.

Will/Rodney are staying til the end as every other person will win against them.

Dan is going to feel like an idiot when he watches the show. He has been wrong at every stage of the game.

Mama C has last idol and no one knows about it, right?

Mike will win if he makes it and they all know it, which mean he is gone as soon as he loses.

Will/Rodney are staying til the end as every other person will win against them.

Dan is going to feel like an idiot when he watches the show. He has been wrong at every stage of the game.

Mama C has last idol and no one knows about it, right?

Correct she has an idol. I think she is hands down the winner unless she has a massive dip$hit moment.

I am pulling for Mike as well, however no chance he wins unless he runs the table. As others have said Rodney/Will have become comical at best. Rodney reminds me of the kid at your children's birthday party who wants to open all the presents. Boston ..damn

Last edited:
Late to the thread! SHouldn't be a surprise a number of people on the boards watch it, the show has had an amazing run. Also had no idea there are Survivor fantasy leagues, crazy.

Go Mike, even though his tactics have been poor, I hope he wins at this point since all my "horses" are out of the race. Wife and I like to pick who is going to win each challenge, having Will on the game makes it easy to not waste a pick on one person.

#anyonebutrodney

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT