ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgate Concierge in Tally?

JohnnieHolmesNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Is there a business in Tallahassee that will handle all aspects of my tailgates (i.e., deliver and set-up tent and chairs, food/booze/ice, tear it all down, etc., etc.)? My wife is getting older and not able to do as much heavy lifting as I need. Just weighing all of my options. Thanks.

A few years ago we were doing pretty large tailgates and hired a student to help.

This thread makes me sad.

If you are throwing a large enough tailgate, surely there are people there to help you.

I tried doing this a few years back (2010) and the boosters gave me a big fat NO even though I wanted to split the profits with them.

I wanted to set it up like Auburn has it now. They have tents already set up in a specified location (I wanted to use the area between Doak and Howser). You drive your car up and it gets valet parked, you go to your tent and have fun, go to the game and hang after if you want. When you are ready text for your car and it gets brought to you. I had a plan to have catering available from at least 2 places.

The Boosters response was that they already had a VIP tailgate through "ISP" and that this would be competition for it even though what I proposed was entirely different.

Auburn was, and I am sure still is, completely sold out on their tents with the exception of the bigger WAY more expensive ones. They were also completely sold out of the DirecTV packages that included a generator.

I tried doing this back in 2010 and would still do it today if the Boosters would change their stance. We are talking big bucks here. Back in 2010 Auburn sold out the 10x10 tents for the season which was 350-450 per game just for the tent, table, and a couple chairs. The TV package was 385 per game (sold out for the season). The only thing they had left back in 2010 at the beginning of August were a few 20x20 tents for a few games. They ranged 750-1125 per game and included a table and about 15 chairs.

Everything else is added on. Parking (175 per game), Food, extra chairs were a few bucks per game. Cooler with ice, 35 bucks per game, etc. and they couldn't keep up with demand. I had a plan in place (And could put one back in place) that was profitable if you threw all the equipment out at the end of the season and reused nothing. If you reused tents, generators, etc. for the next season the Boosters and I would be printing money while hiring students that need jobs and providing a service that people want.

They are doing this at Auburn, GA, Ga Tech, aTm, UF, and I'm sure other places.

Reactions: Bartdog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT