ADVERTISEMENT

Tenant Screening for Landlords

Nolester87

Freshman
Feb 7, 2007
I have been renting a town house out to a family member since I moved out of Jacksonville last year and they are about to move out and I need to put the place up for rent. Do you guys have any tenant screening/credit screening companies you have used in the past?

Before you pay for a service request two things, a 1099 or 12 months of pay stubs and who were your last two landlords and their phone number for a referral. Takes care of the people you don't want to deal with right away.

I think it would be important to get a picture of any females that were under consideration.....to avoid unsavory types.

When we moved out of Jax in 2010 we also put our townhouse up for rent instead of selling. I initially listed it myself but after a few days someone from Rebate Rentals in Jax called and said they could get me more rent. They ended up getting us close to $300 more a month than what I had listed it for, which more than paid for their fee which I think was around $800. We used them for a few years until we sold it in 2013. They always found us good tenants and show you all of the credit and background checks. We even rented it to a former Jaguar linebacker for one year.

Best part was the person there offered to manage it on the side for us for only $75/month. She had her own handymen that did any repairs which was very helpful since we lived 4 hours away. No idea if she is still with Rebate Rentals or if she is still around Jax but the email I had previously used for her was suzannerentsandsellsjax at gmail.com

I know people who have listed their places for rent through Rebate Rentals in JAX and they do a pretty thorough job of screening potential tenants.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT