ADVERTISEMENT

Terminator: Genisys

nynole1

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2006
Just saw it and that it was awful. Wont go in to detail because im on my phone but hope I can save someone else $12.

Did people actually think it was going to be good? I had absolutely no desire to see it before reading your post.

As a huge fan of the series, I as hoping for the best, bit expecting the worst. No boobies and the weakest entry in the series. When my boy Schwarzenegger is the best actor in the movie, that says a lot.

If it was even weaker than the last, then that's pretty bad because that movie was terrible.

I'm confused as to how folks are surprised that this flick is bad. Previews looked seriously dubious, it was widely panned in advance screenings, and has ranged from 25% to 30% on Rotten Tomatoes. As expensive as it is to go to movies, it pays to read up on these flicks. I usually rely on critics who review films compared to their genres (comparing action movies to other well made action movies). I will say it's not been a stellar summer movie season thus far.

I thought Schwarzenegger was great. Emilia Clarke is terrible and will need to go full nude to have an acting career beyond Game of Thrones. Jai Courtney, who I've generally liked, was similarly lackluster but I'm hoping he keeps his clothes on. It got 68% by audiences on RT which seems about right.

As a huge fan of the series, I as hoping for the best, bit expecting the worst. No boobies and the weakest entry in the series. When my boy Schwarzenegger is the best actor in the movie, that says a lot.

759272.gif

This shouldnt surprise anyone. She signed a contract with GoT where she would no longer do topless/nude scenes.

Yeah and after hearing that I thought they should immediately recast it. She's one of the worst actors on the show, just really hamfisted. And if she's now uppity on top of it....pass and recast.

As expensive as it is to go to movies, it pays to read up on these flicks.

My wife and I have been to the movies once in the last year and a half. We usually wait for stuff to come out on Redbox or Netflix. It isn't that the movies are expensive (which they are, don't get me wrong) but we haven't seen many movies come out lately that we both are just dying to see. Hollywood has put out a record amount of shit lately.

My wife and I have been to the movies once in the last year and a half. We usually wait for stuff to come out on Redbox or Netflix. It isn't that the movies are expensive (which they are, don't get me wrong) but we haven't seen many movies come out lately that we both are just dying to see. Hollywood has put out a record amount of shit lately.

Good point. I'd have to think long and hard to come up with a movie I am really excited to see.

The wife and I used to go to a ton of movies spanning back to our days at FSU together. Grab some crappy food at Garfields and run into an early afternoon movie on some random mid week day. Like you, we now wait to see films we both want to see at home but I'm too much of a movie junkie/nerd to not see certain things in the theater. It's more of a spectacle thing to me, if it's big, loud, CGI, action etc. I'll go see it in the theater (and take the kids to some).

The last movie the wife and I saw in the theater together was Django Unchained, we tried to go and see Gone Girl but logistics couldn't be worked out.

Good point. I'd have to think long and hard to come up with a movie I am really excited to see.

It's no worse or better than previous years. There has already been two fantastic summer blockbusters in Mad Max and Jurassic World. With Minions, Ant-Man, Vacation, Mission Impossible, and Man From UNCLE still to come with two other big budgeters that look awful but could be good in Fantastic Four and Pixels.

Just for comparison purposes I pulled up last years summer movie list. Transformers 4, TMNT, Expendables, Sin City 2, Purge 2, Hercules, Amazing Spiderman 2 were all dreadful, far worse than Terminator Genesis. Maleficent, Godzilla were solid C movies on par with Terminator Genesis. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Edge of Tomorrow were good B movies. And X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy were A+ movies. Mad Max is right there with both of them and Jurassic World is just a notch behind mainly because of the bad acting of the female lead. But by the end of the summer I expect a similar list of C, B and A movies.

“I think right now, television is the best that it's ever been, and I think it’s the worst that film has ever been — in the 50 years that I’ve been doing it, it’s the worst,” Dustin Hoffman said in an interview with U.K

Reactions: HulaNole
Tolkien, where do you read about advance screenings? And what reviewers do you read?

I'm confused as to how folks are surprised that this flick is bad. Previews looked seriously dubious, it was widely panned in advance screenings, and has ranged from 25% to 30% on Rotten Tomatoes. As expensive as it is to go to movies, it pays to read up on these flicks. I usually rely on critics who review films compared to their genres (comparing action movies to other well made action movies). I will say it's not been a stellar summer movie season thus far.

When the clips in the main trailer are that bad...
Will Farrell finally feels a little better about Land of the Lost.

“I think right now, television is the best that it's ever been, and I think it’s the worst that film has ever been — in the 50 years that I’ve been doing it, it’s the worst,” Dustin Hoffman said in an interview with U.K

Even Ahkmenrah handed over his tablet to play Mr. Robot.

As bad as the trailer for Terminator G looks it might be The Godfather when compared to the trailer for the Vacation debacle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT