ADVERTISEMENT

The annoying first time parent

GwinnettNole

Seminole Insider
Sep 4, 2001
While the letter may seem rude I can fully understand the frustration that people have with some first time parents..... We have met the type and it's usually the mum....

Here is a snippet, plus the majority of the letter (full link at the bottom).

But one Australian mom's posts of her 6-month-old daughter apparently upset some friends so much that a news.com.au column titled "This Facebook complaint letter is next-level mean."

The letter, which was unsigned, reads: "I have got together with a few of the girls and we are all SO OVER your running commentary of your life and every single thing Addy does. Look we all have kids that we are besotted with - guess what - every parent thinks their kid is the best ever. But we don't ram it down everyone else's neck!!! She wears a new outfit - well take a photo and send it PRIVATELY to the person who gave it to her - not to everyone!!!! She crawls off the mat - we DON'T care!!!!! She's 6 months old - BIG DEAL!!! Stop and think - if every mother posted all that crap about their kid - I'm sure you'd get over it pretty quickly. We can't wait for you to get back to work - maybe you won't have time to be on Facebook quite so much. Addy is gorgeous and we all love her, but our kids are great too. I guess you are just pissing a lot of people off with all your 'Addy this and Addy that' - we all thought it might ease off after the first month, but it hasn't. Not everyone is as interested as you are about what Addy does so give us all a break. We're doing this to let you know what people really think."

This post was edited on 4/16 2:22 PM by GwinnettNole

Link- rude letter/ first time parents

Re: The annoying first time parent (err mom)

Wow

Who ever wrote that letter is an insecure and jealous Biotch who clearly doesn't know how to unfriend/block someone on FB.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Man, it really sucks that Facebook doesn't have some way of controlling who you are friends with, and that there is no way to choose who you follow on Twitter.

I bet every one of those awful posts (which are one reason I spend no time on Facebook) has a ton of likes. Some people love that crap.

What an insane attitude...I am tired of what you are saying, but still want to listen to what you say, so please tailor your comments to something I want to hear. Could you imagine that in real life? Having a conversation with someone at a party and saying "I'm going to continue to stand hear and listen to you, but what you are saying is uninteresting and aggravating, so please change the subject to something I like."

That the person did it anonymously is really chicken-sh!t. If you're really friends with her and it's annoying all of you, then do what friends are supposed to do and let her know that she should consider dialing it back a little. But suck it up and say it to her face (or email, whatever). Don't do it anonymously so she doesn't have to know it was you that did it. That's BS.

The real question is, is she hot? And second, is she game for naked Twister?

Seriously though, all parents are the worst. Especially in the narcissistic, Facebook/Tweeter/Instagram etc era. Used to be you had to go over to someone's house to be force-fed pictures of their kids, maybe a dude would break one out of his wallet every now and then after work at a bar or something.

/rant

Originally posted by DefNotPanHandler2007:
Seriously though, all parents are the worst. Especially in the narcissistic, Facebook/Tweeter/Instagram etc era. Used to be you had to go over to someone's house to be force-fed pictures of their kids, maybe a dude would break one out of his wallet every now and then after work at a bar or something.

/rant
Almost everybody is like that though. I post pictures of my dog (because he's super cute and funny, darn it!). Others post pictures of their food/beer/vacation/whatever.

But if you don't like it, don't look. Stop following them, change your Facebook settingsk etc. Nobody's forcing you to see it.

Originally posted by Wendy79:

/rant
Almost everybody is like that though. I post pictures of my dog (because he's super cute and funny, darn it!). Others post pictures of their food/beer/vacation/whatever.

But if you don't like it, don't look. Stop following them, change your Facebook settingsk etc. Nobody's forcing you to see it.
Don't mind me, I'm just bitter because I can remember the days when my Facebook feed was all spring break bikinis and dudes funneling beers.

I would have shared it on my FB page along with a real simple solution. And that would be for the person/people that felt that way to Go fornicate themselves!!! In addition, I would tell them to unfriend me and or identify themselves and I would unfriend them and block them.

It is so simple to not have someone's posts show up in your timeline if they are hogging it up with something you don't like. Or to keep scrolling. If it is someone I was close with I would comment directly and/or make a sarcastic comment to get the point across.

Originally posted by Wendy79:

/rant

Don't mind me, I'm just bitter because I can remember the days when my Facebook feed was all spring break bikinis and dudes funneling beers.
It's all funny to me defnotpan...... The farging self absorbed idiots who post their kids first dump and palcenta AND the idiots who rage against them as if anything could/would ever change. We all know/are "friends" with them. I have an old college buddy who's a piece of work. He married some girl a few years ago who constantly posts inane shite. It's redonkulous and often annoying. But the payoff comes when she regularly posts semi-/sortof coded messages referring to asinine crap that my old friend does that chaps her large ace. Stuff that we've seen him do forever and will never stop doing.

"OMG!!..."someone" works all of the time then comes home and will hardly pay any attention to me or even pick up the kid. When do I get a break!? Not sure if I can take it much longer." Now that stuff .....is gold Jerry. GOLD!

Everyone, including myself, is annoying on social media. I unfollow many parents. It's easy to do.

If you don't want bike pics or double entendre posts, unfollow me.

Jesus, people suck, craving drama, creating it when it otherwise wouldn't/shouldn't exist. How in the world can what someone posts really, truly, affect your life if the content doesn't involve you directly? Parents post stuff about their kids, dog people post pics of their pets, humblebraggers post about driving their fancy cars to the Salvation Army to give a donation, and the list goes on. Ultimately, what difference does it make?

Originally posted by EconSean:
Jesus, people suck, craving drama, creating it when it otherwise wouldn't/shouldn't exist. How in the world can what someone posts really, truly, affect your life if the content doesn't involve you directly? Parents post stuff about their kids, dog people post pics of their pets, humblebraggers post about driving their fancy cars to the Salvation Army to give a donation, and the list goes on. Ultimately, what difference does it make?
Sounds like you're the one thats mad, homeskillet.

We just talkin'.

Originally posted by Phinhead:
Everyone, including myself, is annoying on social media. I unfollow many parents. It's easy to do.

If you don't want bike pics or double entendre posts, unfollow me.
True. I know a few people got tired of my shiite during football season...

Originally posted by DefNot...er2007:

Sounds like you're the one thats mad, homeskillet.

We just talkin'.

We just talkin' about practice

-- Allen Iverson

Ultimately, what difference does it make?
Hillary_zpsq91ywstn.jpg

Anyone else NOT on Facebook?

I've never had a Facebook or twitter account - occasionally I worry I may be missing something, but then, nah...

Originally posted by Formerly Rockymtnole:

I've never had a Facebook or twitter account - occasionally I worry I may be missing something, but then, nah...
I'm not. Don't have twitter either. The less you put on the net the less trouble you can get in.

Same here.

Ive pretty much ignored everyone on Facebook who posts pictures of their kids. I dont care. That includes my family.

Originally posted by Garnet66:

Same here.
My Dad doesn't...but he keeps telling me how he wished someone would build an app that alerted him when any of his old friends passed away, their birthdays, and to be able to organize class reunions and get together's,

I tell him that is Facebook....he then replys..No, not facebook, I don't have time in my day to mess with Facebook...I'm talking about something that just sends you an alert to your phone and then I can just relpy if I want to.

I roll my eyes and tell him that he has a multi billion idea and to be proud of that! Drives me nuts

Originally posted by TallyNole93:
Our daughters are like the subject of the message. Post every little freakin thing of their kids. I love them, but really????

Grandparent of the year award.... ;-)

Damn....LR takes the book seriously.

My favorite parent is the one that found Jesus after having their child. God bless you, and I do not hold past bad decisions against, but when you get a little holier than thou, I'm tempted to post that you were well known to do just about anything and anyone for couple of rails of Colombian white.

Originally posted by DanC78:

Originally posted by Garnet66:

Same here.
My Dad doesn't...but he keeps telling me how he wished someone would build an app that alerted him when any of his old friends passed away, their birthdays, and to be able to organize class reunions and get together's,

I tell him that is Facebook....he then replys..No, not facebook, I don't have time in my day to mess with Facebook...I'm talking about something that just sends you an alert to your phone and then I can just relpy if I want to.

I roll my eyes and tell him that he has a multi billion idea and to be proud of that! Drives me nuts
That's exactly what Facebook is for me. I never go on it, never post on it. It was fun for the first month to connect to everyone. But that's about it.

But it emails me posts for about 20 people, or when I'm mentioned, and that is all I use it for...keep track if someone dies (I'm at the age when a lot of my friends' parents are passing away) or if someone needs to get a hold of me. I just scan the emails I get to see if it's anything important. I don't get updates from anyone that does that kind of daily posting. When I get an email that one of my guy friends from high school or college posted something, it's usually important.

Originally posted by Fijimn:

My favorite parent is the one that found Jesus after having their child. God bless you, and I do not hold past bad decisions against, but when you get a little holier than thou, I'm tempted to post that you were well known to do just about anything and anyone for couple of rails of Colombian white.
I enjoy these people a lot. I can't help thinking to myself that I knew them back when they were wild and free and breaking most of the commandments and the sins that are referenced in the bible that they're now dedicated to espousing with every post that isn't about their weight loss drink / makeup / incense oils work from home pyramid businesses.

Originally posted by NDallasRuss:

I enjoy these people a lot. I can't help thinking to myself that I knew them back when they were wild and free and breaking most of the commandments and the sins that are referenced in the bible that they're now dedicated to espousing with every post that isn't about their weight loss drink / makeup / incense oils work from home pyramid businesses.
I know a guy on facebook. Big time fisherman in FL. Was friends with him at FSU. Big time smoker and partier in the day. Has little kids now, one a girl. Always posts pictures of them an enven ranted about someone in a store doing somehting with his daughter like rubbing their head and calling them cute (or something likie that) without parental permission first.

And I can't help but remember clear as a bell a group of us cruising AIA in St. Aug. during the college years. A family (mom, dad and daughter about 8-10 years old) were riding bikes. This asshole leans out the window and says "Hey little girl, got any hair on that thing yet?" He was the only one in the car who thought it was funny. I ALWAYS think of that when I see him post his kids pics. It bothered me enough that I just dropped him on FB a couple weeks ago.

Originally posted by SoProudNole:

Originally posted by NDallasRuss:

I know a guy on facebook. Big time fisherman in FL. Was friends with him at FSU. Big time smoker and partier in the day. Has little kids now, one a girl. Always posts pictures of them an enven ranted about someone in a store doing somehting with his daughter like rubbing their head and calling them cute (or something likie that) without parental permission first.

And I can't help but remember clear as a bell a group of us cruising AIA in St. Aug. during the college years. A family (mom, dad and daughter about 8-10 years old) were riding bikes. This asshole leans out the window and says "Hey little girl, got any hair on that thing yet?" He was the only one in the car who thought it was funny. I ALWAYS think of that when I see him post his kids pics. It bothered me enough that I just dropped him on FB a couple weeks ago.
That's pretty bad! And yet, also kind of funny - in an "I'm glad I wasn't there for that!" way.

I have a facebook friend who posts thanks to God, prayers, etc all the time who was a big coke-dealer in college and once beat a guy so badly that it put him in the hospital for a couple of weeks. Now you're going to copy/paste "footprints" pictures onto your feed? I understand everyone changes over time, but that doesn't completely wash off the hypocrisy.

The same as a family member I have (no pics) who posts God/religion stuff about love and forgiveness and specifically about treating everyone like you'd treat your own family - while also posting a bunch of anti-immigration stuff about how they should all go back to where they came from. I also know that the reason she'd previously gotten divorced was because she (married) got caught sleeping with someone (also married, to someone different) from her church. I've thought about publicly calling her out for all of her BS, but I think it would cause a family stink that would draw in people I actually do like, so I've resisted.

There was a post going around a few months ago -"shut up about your perfect kid" - I get that, but when your kid does something you are very proud of why not crow a bit. And most importantly, the kids love to see their parents' expressions of pride. When they work their asses off, they deserve it.

Yep...I post pics of the kids for the grandparents etc....but yes....during football season.....I am over the top. I really went out of my way to piss off scUM and uf friends.

Originally posted by SoProudNole:

That's so friggin' bad. LOL. What an asshat
Asshat.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT