ADVERTISEMENT

The guy who killed "Cecil the Lion"...lol

I'm not a hunter and unless your killing to eat it....don't see the point in it.....but it's a damn lion.....it's not like he opened up in a kindergarten classroom.

If he is a good dentist...I'd still use his practice.

I'm not a hunter and unless your killing to eat it....don't see the point in it.....but it's a damn lion.....it's not like he opened up in a kindergarten classroom.

Strange analogy. Are you saying that there are degrees/nuances and everyone's believe and action are dependent of various factors and reliant on our internal believe (as has been defined by external forces).

I think the account is only 24 hours old.
It would seem like it's a fake, but I started at the Yelp Page and used the link to the dental office's website. At that website, I clicked the link on the "Follow us on Twitter / Facebook" and that's where it took me. So, if it's a fake, then it's all pretty complex.

I'd probably reconsider letting him watch my dog though.

I don't want to shoot lions, but I would love to lasso one and jump on his back, grab a hold of his mane, and ride around effing things up. Beating up silverbacks, trolling baboons, tripping giraffes, jumping off cliffs onto great whites and shit.

neverendingstory1.jpg

Strange analogy. Are you saying that there are degrees/nuances and everyone's believe and action are dependent of various factors and reliant on our internal believe (as has been defined by external forces).

I think it is much more simple than that and what he is saying is an innocent human life is more valuable than an innocent lion's life. To take it a bit further he wouldn't boycott a dentist because they eat meat or wear clothes that may be made with dead animals. Which may lead to a different discussion of is there a humane way to kill an animal or if the animal is specifically raised to be food for humans and killed is that okay, whether it be a pig, goat, cow or chicken.

Any guy (or gal) who participates in a canned hunt like that is overcompensating for a small penis

Cecil was hardly a vicious lion, they showed video where he basically walks right up
to people. Apparently this guy gets off on killing animals for fun.
His punishment should be that he's hunted, "for fun" by some real psychos!

Yeah I am kinda torn on this thing. I agree with Tribe, I am not buying this guys story either. ...

I will sat this though, I have read a bunch or comments from internet tough guys, and they are going over the top with publishing his personal information, addresses, business location. He is getting death threats, that is ridiculous.

F#$& him. He already showed no empathy for animals by previously poaching and now this. I hope his personal info is plastered everywhere and he's taken out.

context is awesome though...

Give an animal a name and it is fluffy and cuddly... let that same animal attack a person and all bets are off ..

How many people would like to kill all the great white sharks off the Carolina coast right now, even if they had a tracker device on them?
Pretty ignorant and sad post.

Another dentist with too much money and time on his hands.

My thing is if you really want to brag about the size of your penis and/or testicles by hunting and killing an animal, you are welcome to do so, but be a man about it.
Kill the animal via hand to hand combat. No cheating using a crossbow or guns - that proves nothing of your manliness or survival skill, only that you're willing to take shortcuts in order to brag to your friends.

Like that Aussie surfer last week who wrestled the shark, that mofo is a man who is not to be eff'd with, no question about it.

And for f-sake if you want to illegally lure an animal with a carcass, carry the carcass yourself, don't be a lazy fart and drive it around.

I had a very good friend who, as a kid, went to Africa on safari and came back the skin of a lion. I, being 14 years old and unconcerned with how I might offend those of different viewpoints, said "you're a blanking blank and so is your dad. I hope he is proud of himself." I still feel that way more than 30 years later.

I understand people who kill animals to eat them, or to prevent dangerous animals from attacking people. People who kill stuff for sport....I grew up in Tally so I admit once upon a time I did that too. I grew out of it. You would think most adults would too, but some people are more blood thirsty than others.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
F#$& him. He already showed no empathy for animals by previously poaching and now this. I hope his personal info is plastered everywhere and he's taken out.

Totally Disagree, we have a concept here in America and that is you are innocent until proven guilty. Not quilty until you prove your innocent. This guy is not guilty of anything yet, but the public out cry, death threats, people damaging his property, all because they ASSUME he is guilty of a crime is ridiculous.

As I stated earlier, I am a hunter myself, but I will be the first one in line to condemn this guy if it is revealed that he indeed knew they were baiting and luring this lion from a protected park to kill him. That's not hunting, that is killing, period. Its an unethical and cowardly act, then and only then, should he be condemned.

Certainly hope you never do anything that would put you in the public eye like this.

Totally Disagree, we have a concept here in America and that is you are innocent until proven guilty. Not quilty until you prove your innocent. This guy is not guilty of anything yet, but the public out cry, death threats, people damaging his property, all because they ASSUME he is guilty of a crime is ridiculous.

As I stated earlier, I am a hunter myself, but I will be the first one in line to condemn this guy if it is revealed that he indeed knew they were baiting and luring this lion from a protected park to kill him. That's not hunting, that is killing, period. Its an unethical and cowardly act, then and only then, should he be condemned.

Certainly hope you never do anything that would put you in the public eye like this.

Yeah...innocent until proven guilty....but this guy already has the stench of a blatant and conspicuous offender (see: felony conviction for previous hunting violation; payment for sexual harassment, etc.). He seems like the kind of guy who thinks if he waves enough money at a problem, it'll go away. He's also seems like the kind of guy who, if he finally gets his comeuppance, will end up nibbling on a gun barrel.

Yeah...innocent until proven guilty....but this guy already has the stench of a blatant and conspicuous offender (see: felony conviction for previous hunting violation; payment for sexual harassment, etc.). He seems like the kind of guy who thinks if he waves enough money at a problem, it'll go away. He's also seems like the kind of guy who, if he finally gets his comeuppance, will end up nibbling on a gun barrel.

Understood and by all accounts so far, he has paid his debts. His previous issue certainly do not make him guilty here. Past actions are certainly a possible precursor to future actions, but that has not be proven yet.

Look, I am not saying this guy is a saint, but death threats and such? Come on that's BS.

This will help put things in perspective as well, taken form another forum. I agree with this 100%"

"I think we can file this in the TIA (That Is Africa) file. Shooting a lion named Cecil is probably about #1,000 on the list of focked up things that happened in Africa that day. They have corrupt Governments, civil wars, child soldiers, piracy, starvation, poor medical practices, poverty, slavery, blood diamonds and then you have Cecil and an American dentist that may have questionable hunting ethics. Africa is rampant with poachers and people with no hunting ethics. At least the American hired a guide and bought a permit that he thought made his hunt legal. It's more than Africans would have done."

Reactions: surfnole
They should just send this dentist guy back to Zimbabwe and let their court system handle this case. I'll be disappointed if our gov't precludes any effort to extradite this guy.

They should just send this dentist guy back to Zimbabwe and let their court system handle this case. I'll be disappointed if our gov't precludes any effort to extradite this guy.

Can not disagree with that at all. If he volunteered to do it, and he was cleared, that would make the clearing of his name that much easier.

But I don't know, countries over in that part of the world play by a different set of rules, whose to say they wouldn't manufacture something just to satisfy the media etc.

I think I would have a hard time doing that in this situation given the uproar (pun intended) even if I had concrete irrefutable evidence of my innocence. To many variables with those countries.

I think I would have a hard time doing that in this situation given the uproar (pun intended) even if I had concrete irrefutable evidence of my innocence. To many variables with those countries.
I'm sure wolf blitzer and greta van sustern would set up shop in Harare and make sure the proceedings are held to the highest of standards, gloating obnoxiously over their keen legal insight. I wouldn't worry about any sketchery in the courts - it'll be simulcast for all to see on all 7 of the Situation Room's wide screen TVs.

Understood and by all accounts so far, he has paid his debts. His previous issue certainly do not make him guilty here. Past actions are certainly a possible precursor to future actions, but that has not be proven yet.

Look, I am not saying this guy is a saint, but death threats and such? Come on that's BS.

This will help put things in perspective as well, taken form another forum. I agree with this 100%"

"I think we can file this in the TIA (That Is Africa) file. Shooting a lion named Cecil is probably about #1,000 on the list of focked up things that happened in Africa that day. They have corrupt Governments, civil wars, child soldiers, piracy, starvation, poor medical practices, poverty, slavery, blood diamonds and then you have Cecil and an American dentist that may have questionable hunting ethics. Africa is rampant with poachers and people with no hunting ethics. At least the American hired a guide and bought a permit that he thought made his hunt legal. It's more than Africans would have done."

Paid his debts? He's lucky he wasn't caught redhanded, in Zimbabwe they still have a shoot to kill authorization for any poachers caught in the act with weapons. The rangers there kill quite a few poachers every year and only one was prosecuted (for tracking someone back to his village and killing him there rather than in the act). I know that's not Mericuh's penalty, but I wouldn't have batted an eye if they'd done it to him.

But, while I was looking it up to see if that was still true (the shoot to kill on poachers), I see that if they manage to surrender somehow or are not caught in the act with weapons the maximum sentence is "only" ten years in jail. To me that was interesting because America warehouses prisoners for decades at a time. It's not going to happen, but as a complete aside I kind of wish they would limit sentences to no more than two years because it's SUPPOSED to be a punishment. And before someone gets all "LIBURAHHLLLL!!!!" on me, for those who cannot be appropriately punished within a year or two because they're a continuing threat to society (aka the homicidal psychopaths NOT drug dealers or thieves) then I'm fine with Xing them out on a frequent, quicker and more expedient basis.

The more time that goes by, the worse things are getting for this guy. Now the Governor of Minnesota, where he has his business and home, has publicly condemned his actions, plus the police force in his hometown has made it known that they will not be protecting him. His business address, home address, family names are all plastered all over the internet. The big game hunting club he belongs to has revoked his membership. He is alone. I haven't seen one person come to his defense. The only domino left to fall is for one of the two guys in Zimbabwe to say, "Oh yeah, he knew, all along, what we were going to do". And really, how long do you think it'll be before that happens?

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Our criminal justice system should be radically reformed imo. Some people need to be locked away, but many hundreds of thousands more do not.

Let's try to be more creative than doing the same thing people have done for hundreds of years.

Interestingly enough, as short as ten years ago, this whole thing would have been a one-shot one paragraph blurb on page 6 of the newspaper, and not mentioned much again. The last panel of today's Bloom County pretty much sums up what has happened here (substitute "Dentist guy" for "Steve!") :
11057462_1014010148629738_2679282285112561457_n.jpg

Paid his debts? He's lucky he wasn't caught redhanded, in Zimbabwe they still have a shoot to kill authorization for any poachers caught in the act with weapons. The rangers there kill quite a few poachers every year and only one was prosecuted (for tracking someone back to his village and killing him there rather than in the act). I know that's not Mericuh's penalty, but I wouldn't have batted an eye if they'd done it to him.

Tribe, I think you misunderstood the paying his debts comment. I was referring to his previous conviction for killing a bear then lying to the feds about the location of the kill, he paid a fine and did probation. Then he settled a sexual harassment claim, to my knowledge he settled this before going to trial.

I was not referring to his African excursion, me thinks he is in deep caca on that one. Especially if he has to go to Zimbabwe.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT