ADVERTISEMENT

The guy who killed "Cecil the Lion"...lol

Strange analogy. Are you saying that there are degrees/nuances and everyone's believe and action are dependent of various factors and reliant on our internal believe (as has been defined by external forces).

WTH?

Tribe, I think you misunderstood the paying his debts comment. I was referring to his previous conviction for killing a bear then lying to the feds about the location of the kill, he paid a fine and did probation. Then he settled a sexual harassment claim, to my knowledge he settled this before going to trial.

I was not referring to his African excursion, me thinks he is in deep caca on that one. Especially if he has to go to Zimbabwe.

Oh ok, I did misinterpret what you were saying then.

Sounds like he is hiding from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service who are attempting to interview him. Also, not sure if anyone saw the letter he sent patients. The poor misguided fool thought he would be resuming business fairly soon it appears.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
They should just send this dentist guy back to Zimbabwe and let their court system handle this case. I'll be disappointed if our gov't precludes any effort to extradite this guy.
I think that's in the works. Obama just released a statement commenting on the killing, saying "If I had a lion, he'd look just like Cecil."

Sounds like he is hiding from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service who are attempting to interview him. Also, not sure if anyone saw the letter he sent patients. The poor misguided fool thought he would be resuming business fairly soon it appears.

Why would the US Fish and Wildlife Service have anything to do with this?

And Zimbabwe should not be allowed to extradite this guy. For all we know he was just following the guides. I've hired guides many times, but not for hunting. I rely on them to take care of logistics and I pay them for their local knowledge.

Why would the US Fish and Wildlife Service have anything to do with this?

And Zimbabwe should not be allowed to extradite this guy. For all we know he was just following the guides. I've hired guides many times, but not for hunting. I rely on them to take care of logistics and I pay them for their local knowledge.

They have a law enforcement division that can apparently enforce and charge you for breaking these type of laws outside of US....especially when you have already broken similar laws in the US. Sort of like how other US law enforcement agencies can arrest you if you commit crimes in another country. I have no idea why you think we should not extradite this clown to Zimbabwe if there is evidence he knew more than he is letting on since our two countries have such an agreement.
Maybe you missed the part about this guy poaching a bear and lying he got it 40 miles away. He has huge credibilty issues. As another poster alluded to, the two in trouble are going to roll on him to save their butts.

CKvq8V9.png

Here's the statement the police released:

"Because of the increased traffic in the neighborhood of Walter Palmer's residence, the Eden Prairie Police Department is monitoring the neighborhood to ensure the safety and security of the residents and their property, The Eden Prairie Police Department is not providing personal protection for Mr. Palmer."

"Because of the increased traffic in the neighborhood of Walter Palmer's residence, the Eden Prairie Police Department is monitoring the neighborhood to ensure the safety and security of the residents and their property, The Eden Prairie Police Department is not providing personal protection for Mr. Palmer."

That's probably because both Fish and Wildlife AND the State Department are looking for him and he's apparently in hiding. If he was complying they might be more helpful.

Meanwhile, the AP reports that five elephant carcasses were just discovered in Africa's Tsavo West National Park; a female with 4 of her offspring - tusks removed.
Between 2010 and 2012 over 100,000 elephants were killed by poachers.
Where's the outrage? No names and addresses tweeted out by dumb ass celebrities? Are all African poachers cursed with small pee-pees?

No sympathy whatsoever for this creepy dentist from me, but it's interesting the AP quotes residents of Zimbabwe as saying "we will miss Cecil, but many of us battle acute water shortages and lack of electricity along with no jobs, yet people make noise about a lion?"
The dentist will pay a steep price and the slaughter of elephants will continue unabated and celebs will move on to the next daily outrage.

Ugh.

Ok, I don't AT ALL interpret that to mean "they aren't going to protect him." That sounds like a response (or a preventive press release) to let people know that tax dollars aren't being used to go overboard providing him with a personal security force. They're simply saying "we're just doing our job, there's more people in the area of his office than normal & they're pissed off so we're patrolling that area more than we ordinarily do."

Are all African poachers cursed with small pee-pees?

No, it's those damn small pee-pee Asians trying to make penis growing elixirs out of exotic animals.

Meanwhile, the AP reports that five elephant carcasses were just discovered in Africa's Tsavo West National Park; a female with 4 of her offspring - tusks removed.
Between 2010 and 2012 over 100,000 elephants were killed by poachers.
Where's the outrage? No names and addresses tweeted out by dumb ass celebrities? Are all African poachers cursed with small pee-pees?

No sympathy whatsoever for this creepy dentist from me, but it's interesting the AP quotes residents of Zimbabwe as saying "we will miss Cecil, but many of us battle acute water shortages and lack of electricity along with no jobs, yet people make noise about a lion?"
The dentist will pay a steep price and the slaughter of elephants will continue unabated and celebs will move on to the next daily outrage.

Ugh.
Fair points.

This dentist guy is certainly an epic douche, but he's not the only one in America or the world (there are douches much more epic than him running around) and while the killing of Cecil has some symbolic value in the context of the colonial history of the nation (only gained independence in 1980!) it's not the biggest issue in their or our society today. It's good for headlines, "asshole American lures/poaches/slaughters famous african lion." I should hope the net effect of this is a) less assholes of any nationality killing endangered animals and b) a broader awareness of the issues facing Zimbabwe today. Doubt anyone will pay attention long enough for that to happen though - that would require actual learning about issues and less making kickass posterboards to duct tape to dentist's offices - but again, guy is a douche, i dont feel bad for him, we should ship him back to Zimbabwe and let them get it sorted.

Reactions: goldmom
That's probably because both Fish and Wildlife AND the State Department are looking for him and he's apparently in hiding. If he was complying they might be more helpful.

Put yourself in his situation. Would you immediately comply? Or would you go into hiding, figure things out and get lawyered up? Isn't the advice on this board not to talk to police without a lawyer being present?

On another note, this guy is still a US citizen and deserves the rights of a US Citizen. Somebody said we have an extradition treaty with Zimbabwe. As a US Citizen I would expect the government to determine if the charges are accurate based on the evidence, and not just ship him back to Zimbabwe because they want to question him. With the proper lawyers, it could be years before he gets extradited.

Furthermore how you feel about sending him back to Zimbabwe if he could get the death penalty for this? Hypothetical I know....

Reactions: Nolemanhere2
Furthermore how you feel about sending him back to Zimbabwe if he could get the death penalty for this? Hypothetical I know....

What if the fine was 175 QUADRILLION Zimdollars, and he just dropped $1 on them and called it a day...

How much is 175 quadrillion Zimdollars?
Well, you'd just need 1,750 of these:

srpMi5m.jpg

#deficitsdontmatter

Wowza, so this douchebag's "hunt" cost about 1,925,000,000,000,000,000,000 (or 1.925E+21) Zimbabwean Dollars (USD 55k)

The Maasai herdsmen killed 6 lions out of revenge for them eating their cows. I pledge never to go to another Maasai keg party again!

What if the fine was 175 QUADRILLION Zimdollars, and he just dropped $1 on them and called it a day...

How much is 175 quadrillion Zimdollars?
Well, you'd just need 1,750 of these:

srpMi5m.jpg

#deficitsdontmatter
Gringos and their stable currency are cute. Peru had 5,10, 20 and 100 mil intis. Then one day they started printing soles and you just chopped off the zeros. Fun times

I don't get it either.....dude killed a lion...big deal....not sure why everyone's got their panties in a wad over this.

Now that Zimbabwe wants to extradite and charge the dentist, will the US hand him over?

Time will tell, but I'll be surprised if the administration goes out of its way to help a hunter who seems to have engaged in some pretty unsportsmanlike conduct. I think dude is in some serious trouble here.

Now that Zimbabwe wants to extradite and charge the dentist, will the US hand him over?
I am thinking he could make the charges go away for 100k or so. I bet they are more interested in getting more money from him than prosecuting him. It is known for being one of the most corrupt governments in the world.

Understood and by all accounts so far, he has paid his debts. His previous issue certainly do not make him guilty here. Past actions are certainly a possible precursor to future actions, but that has not be proven yet.

Look, I am not saying this guy is a saint, but death threats and such? Come on that's BS.

This will help put things in perspective as well, taken form another forum. I agree with this 100%"

"I think we can file this in the TIA (That Is Africa) file. Shooting a lion named Cecil is probably about #1,000 on the list of focked up things that happened in Africa that day. They have corrupt Governments, civil wars, child soldiers, piracy, starvation, poor medical practices, poverty, slavery, blood diamonds and then you have Cecil and an American dentist that may have questionable hunting ethics. Africa is rampant with poachers and people with no hunting ethics. At least the American hired a guide and bought a permit that he thought made his hunt legal. It's more than Africans would have done."

Go ahead and shoot me but I'm on this side of the argument. What is going to happen to the outfitter who took the money for it? He should go on trial first before there is any talk of extraditing the dentist back to Africa. What's the chance the dentist could have bagged lion without someone setting it up for him. This is another example of some Facebook BS that has gotten out of hand.

He is white, most likely a republican, how would you like your chances with the O administration? I'm thinking I am contacting someone over there with 20K to make it all go away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT