ADVERTISEMENT

The Leftovers on HBO

More Kirk Less Spock

Seminole Insider
Sep 9, 2007
Anyone watching this one?

Pretty good show about what happens to people after 2% of the population vanishes in what appears to be the biblical rapture. The show, however, is not as focused on what happened as much as it is on how those remaining cope. Pretty interesting take. Some people see clear meaning while others become nihilistic. The teenagers naturally hedonistic natures are amplified.

Watched 3 episodes of first season and for the life of me cannot believe they made a second season. It was worse than watching paint dry. I watch TV to be entertained and that was a complete waste of time and very depressing.

Watched 3 episodes of first season and for the life of me cannot believe they made a second season. It was worse than watching paint dry. I watch TV to be entertained and that was a complete waste of time and very depressing.

I find some of the characters interesting. I'll watch the second season. Agree it is a bit depressing.

My thoughts exactly. I made it probably a bit farther than you just because I was hoping it would turn a corner like the first season of True Detective, but then I read the show's creator's comments saying he would never reveal the mystery and he was wanting to focus on the pain of loss and guilt. So I said...NEXT.

Reactions: ericram
My thoughts exactly. I made it probably a bit farther than you just because I was hoping it would turn a corner like the first season of True Detective, but then I read the show's creator's comments saying he would never reveal the mystery and he was wanting to focus on the pain of loss and guilt. So I said...NEXT.

never reveal the mystery??!?! that sucks.

Really enjoyed it too, but I sincerely hope the writers will reveal their version of what happened.....it would make for a much more satisfying experience.

Reactions: speechteach
Really enjoyed it too, but I sincerely hope the writers will reveal their version of what happened.....it would make for a much more satisfying experience.

Won't happen. The show creator is one of the writers for Lost and the book writer doesn't delve into the reason why either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT