ADVERTISEMENT

The LR Official NFL Draft Thread!

Raider Nation on the clock. The popular opinion is a young stud receiver for Carr. So many holes on such a bad team.

No interview for JW but at least the talked to Fowler. ESPN sucks!

ACC and PAC 12 lead all conferences with 9 players selected in the first round, followed by the sec with 7.

Interesting listening to the commentators this morning talking about how Tennessee really wanted to trade out of the pick and not select Mariota. Consensus seems to be Whisenhunt isn't thrilled with the pick. Mettenberger's agent is already demanding a trade.

Glad Gurley went in the top 10, he seems like a great kid and I wish him the best in his recovery. Was a bit surprised that St. Louis took him and not Devante Parker though.

I put the NFL Network on at 4:00 PM EST, and promptly turned it off when I heard Michael Irvin's voice. I think he is the worst NFL guy on TV. Was Irvin on the actual live draft telecast? I didn't dare put the NFL network back on because of Irvin. I will tolerate Berman and Gruden (Gruden is a fountain of info, but I have a tough time with all of his mannerism's, hand movements, touching the guy next to him, that Chuckie grin..........) combined before I listen to Irvin.

Skip Bayless is killing JW for the crab leg photo. When I saw that, I was thinking, WTF is he (JW) thinking. I am so sick and tired of defending this kid, JW wants to move on but then he does this. JW also stated that he wanted to be with family for the draft, but shows up to be with his family 5 minutes before the draft? Hmmmmmm, tells me the NFL asked him to stay home.

My lock of the draft was Eddie Goldman going to the Patriots at #32, but then again, I never expected Malcolm Brown to drop to #32, WOW, did the Patriots get value with their pick (Kiper had Brown at #12 on his board)! I hope that the Raiders can grab Goldman with the #35 (SI now has Goldman going to the Chargers with the 16th pick of the 2nd round), although they need CB's and pass rushers even more (Bama's Landon Collins at safety is still out there, dangling), this is more of a homer pick for this draft nut! What would be great, is if the Raiders turned around and grabbed Randy Gregory at #35 and were somehow able to grab another WR or the best available CB in the 3rd round. I thought all along that Gregory might be a little small to be a top 10 pick, but if he slides to #35, then my Raiders should grab him immediately. Jalen Collins (CB, LSU) is another stud that the Raiders could get with the 3rd pick in the 2nd round.

NFL network had Williams listed with the highest grade with a 7.5 and then Cooper with a 7.1. Brown was graded at 6.2 which put him tied for 13th, so again, the Raiders, Pats and Jets did extremely well! Denver took a chance on Shane Ray at #23 (Ray was rated around as the 6-7th pick) and Baltimore has to be extremely happy with Perriman at #26.

When Fowler (he shows up in a white tux trimmed with garnett and $7,000 gold shoes, LMFAO!!!!!) was picked third, I was ecstatic because I really wanted the Raiders to get Leonard Williams all along (I thought that there was a shot that Jacksonville would pick Cooper at #3), but with Cooper sitting there at #4, the Cooper pick was a no-brainer and most experts expect Cooper to be the safest pick in the draft in terms of being the real deal. The Raiders hit a home run with last year's draft, and they have already hit a homer this year, let's see if they can turn this home run into a grand slam. I doubt Green-Beckham will be available at #68, but if he is, David Carr will have enough weapons to light it up for the next decade (maybe Crabtree will be over his injury and can explode this year). The Jets getting Williams at #6 was unreal and their defense is going to be tough to beat in 2016, of course they will be in a lot of 9-6 games.

Carolina taking Washinton's Shaq Thompson was, IMO, perhaps the biggest mistake of the draft so far, he was picked was to early, as was Arik Armstead (#17 to the 49'ers), These guys might pan out, but I think teams could have gotten more out of their pick. Some of the experts said that Dallas whiffed with Byron Jones (CB, UCONN), but I thought Jones might land with NE at #32.

Pittsburgh getting Kentucky's Bud Dupree with the 22nd was another great value pick.

For us draft nuts and wanna be gurus, the fun starts tonight! Watch for a run of FSU and Miami (Fla) players to be taken off the board tonight in rounds 2-3.

DfS, what did I miss, honestly, did he not take the crableg picture? I saw it all over the place. Not upset at all, and Tampa is my new 2nd favorite team because of him. Just an observation about the NFL asking him not to come, not upset with that at all.

If I am wrong on something, and have been known to be wrong, I always own up to being wrong.

Skip Bayless is killing JW for the crab leg photo. When I saw that, I was thinking, WTF is he (JW) thinking. I am so sick and tired of defending this kid, JW wants to move on but then he does this. JW also stated that he wanted to be with family for the draft, but shows up to be with his family 5 minutes before the draft? Hmmmmmm, tells me the NFL asked him to stay home..
First, the crab leg pic was as thanks to Capt Keith from the Deadliest Catch who donated 25#'s worth to the party after Jameis helped in auction some for the Mike Alstott Foundation last week.
Second, Warchant reporting yesterday from the site of the party, said that Jameis got there at 3:15. 4:45 before the draft broadcast started.

Jameis already signed his contract. 4 years 25.3 million, 16.7 million guaranteed. No way that gets done that quickly if discussion just started today.

OK, my mistake on the time his arrival, I saw it on two networks.

As for the crab legs, it appears to some that he was making light of the situation, and again, several commentators on TV questioned his maturity on making light of the his arrest. I personally think he had nothing to gain but bad press for posting the picture.

And you are correct on the contract, no doubt that this was negotiated prior to yesterday, Tampa selecting Winston has probably been the worst kept secret. I've always liked Tampa, especially the Warrick Dunn and Derrick Brooks days (even when Gruden left Oakland for Tampa). I really don't have a 2nd favorite team, but will be rooting for them now and hopefully Tampa can add some more offense in the draft.

Yes! Raider Nation! Jano, Rodney Hudson and now Mario Edwards! Your new Oakland Seminoles!

Don't believe there is much to negotiate with the contract, they are really predetermined for the rookies and picks. Jameis got the max as the #1 pick.

Yes! Raider Nation! Jano, Rodney Hudson and now Mario Edwards! Your new Oakland Seminoles!

Very happy. I hope MEJ turns into one of those old time nasty Raiders. The Silver and Black fits him.

ADVERTISEMENT