ADVERTISEMENT

The most racist places in America

NDallasRuss

Veteran Seminole Insider
Dec 5, 2002
Purcellville, VA
At least according to Google search data.

imrs.php

It's not politics, it's social science.

Never thought Cleveland would be more raciest than North Florida. A year ago I would have said Pittsburgh as well, but after visiting there several time over the past 2 years, I can see it. There are West Virginia boonies all throughout that area. And the urban folks who live in the city are constantly complaining because of the poor zoning they have going on there.

If you look at the racist tweets map, it really doesn't follow the same pattern for Florida, other than the central part of the state.

this map looks jacked up...there are areas of Texas that says it is much less than average, and then it also says that it's much less than average through Perry and Cheifland but then spiked to above average to the north, south and east of it....and Perry comes across as a racial place....it seems to look the part, just sayin.

this map looks jacked up...there are areas of Texas that says it is much less than average, and then it also says that it's much less than average through Perry and Cheifland but then spiked to above average to the north, south and east of it....and Perry comes across as a racial place....it seems to look the part, just sayin.

Yeah, all indications from Chiefland would tell me the same.

Then again, the "region" in that corner of Florida is extremely rural, and might not have every many internet users. Hopefully this is at least population adjusted. The Duval county region also shocks me.

That image measures where people use the N-word most in Google searches. It may or may not line up with hotspots of actual racism.

Reactions: goldmom
So Baltimore is In the blue and Charleston is red; Yet Charleston acted responsibly after Michael Brown was shot in the back with only peaceful protests and moving forward on how to fix the problem, meanwhile Baltimore is burning.

If measuring how much the word is used or referenced or googled or whatever, does it include the number of black Americans who use the word in their own social circles?
And if one has lived in the north, then this is absolutely no surprise.

So Baltimore is In the blue and Charleston is red; Yet Charleston acted responsibly after Michael Brown was shot in the back with only peaceful protests and moving forward on how to fix the problem, meanwhile Baltimore is burning.

Terrible extrapolation.

Here we go....got my coke and popcorn!

File under "hooey" - people are people - no matter where they are.
A person is a person everywhere. A person can be smart. People are dumb and tend to follow the herd like cattle. There are definitely pockets of the country that as a whole are much more racist than others. It isn't a North/south thing either, many of the worst areas are up North.

ADVERTISEMENT