ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Gameday Drinking Game Thread!

Omg, we are a 1.5 point underdog next week...lol

Which is crazy when you consider their starting LBs against our Offense, but then our Defense comes into the picture. Vegas makes honey badgers look like caring pets.

Remember all of the talk about our vaunted secondary before the season? Oh, and our Defensive Line? Chills man. Nobody is scoring on us. Now just hope it's not on the opening play. Not drive. Play.

Corey Clark/TDO.com:
Dalvin Cook currently No. 2 in nation among Power 5 players in rushing yards (635). Lamar Jackson is No. 1 with 688.
FSU is 125th in the nation in yards-per-play defense. Only Marshall, Rice and Hawaii are allowing more than FSU's 6.98 ypp.

Reactions: HulaNole
Scheme is fine. Wonk wonk wonk.

Well to some extent the numbers are inflated. No team has come close to having to play the difficulty of our schedule. Ole Miss is still probably the second best SEC team and will probably end up somewhere in the 10-20 ranking at the end of the season as I don't see them losing again or at most one more time, I think Louisville is the best team in the nation even with the close loss to Clemson at Clemson and UNC is a solid top 25 team. Name another team that's faced three solid teams...oh wait, that was Ole Miss who has two losses and Oklahoma who has two losses. So far Bama has played exactly one team of decent quality and was down by 21 and Louisville is 1-1 against decent teams and I think they're the best team period.

Don't get me wrong we're pretty terrible by FSU standards, but I don't think we're the fourth worst defense in the country.

Reactions: HulaNole
Eighth?

Joking. I understand your point, Tribe, and agree with Ole Miss, Louisville, and NC (UGA did hold UNC under 30 but Game 1 taken into account).

The Defense needs the lollygaggers speech from Bull Durham.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Anybody wonder if the defense would be any better if Jimbo hadn't thought it was a good idea to keep playing our best player on D in the 4th quarter of a meaningless blowout win?

"Derwin James can play every position" but he can't play them all at the same time.

Anybody wonder if the defense would be any better if Jimbo hadn't thought it was a good idea to keep playing our best player on D in the 4th quarter of a meaningless blowout win?

That I don't worry about. The game was no worse and probably less physical that a practice. And he got injured on a play with relatively light contact. In hindsight it sucks, at the time our first team obviously needed more reps. They STILL have no clue what's going on. I don't know if it's the scheme or our players are dumber than usual but most of the bad play isn't being out physicaled or outmanned but incredibly dumb, out of position plays.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT