ADVERTISEMENT

The Patriots knew all along...

The WHOLE league knew, that's why he slipped to the 4th round, that is no secret and was discussed about on draft day. No where in that article does it state that anyone knew about guns.

While with the Pats, other than isolating himself from his teammates, he gave the Pats no hints of being a PCP, pot smoking, gun toting, serial killer. No one could have foreseen that 3 years later he would start shooting people. Teams could have foreseen DUI's, domestics, bar fights.....but no one can really predict someone shooting other people on three different instances.

I am not sure how, but these NFL players pass these drug tests but a good number of players are smoking pot.

If I recall correctly, the Pats did check with Meyer and Meyer gave a good recommendation to the Pats.

Originally posted by Manch.:
The WHOLE league knew, that's why he slipped to the 4th round, that is no secret and was discussed about on draft day. No where in that article does it state that anyone knew about guns.

While with the Pats, other than isolating himself from his teammates, he gave the Pats no hints of being a PCP, pot smoking, gun toting, serial killer. No one could have foreseen that 3 years later he would start shooting people. Teams could have foreseen DUI's, domestics, bar fights.....but no one can really predict someone shooting other people on three different instances.

I am not sure how, but these NFL players pass these drug tests but a good number of players are smoking pot.

If I recall correctly, the Pats did check with Meyer and Meyer gave a good recommendation to the Pats.
He was shooting people while at uf. Had that incident not been covered up by the GPD, the SA office and the uf athletic department, three people might not be dead right now.

OK, I guess, was his shootings at UF common knowledge or just something that UF covered up. I don't think the Patriots knew anything about that, but I guess UF did.

Originally posted by DFSNOLE:

He was shooting people while at uf. Had that incident not been covered up by the GPD, the SA office and the uf athletic department, three people might not be dead right now.
if the shootings were covered up by the GPD the SA office and the uf athletic dept...how was the Pats supposed to know about it?

Can you remind me about that situation? Thanks

Hernandez was a great 4th round pick despite any off field issues. Based on talent , he was a late first at worst second rounder, why not take a shot ,( pun intended), on that talented of a player.

Originally posted by The WarNole:

Can you remind me about that situation? Thanks
If Deadspin could uncover this, the Pats certainly could've as well.

Deadspin

The NFL drug testing is a joke. The players are told well in advance which month the drug testing will take place. It is usually July or August so the player can take a month off and test clean. Once the player is clean, they are not subjected to testing until next year. If a player fails or has previously tested positive, the tests are weekly.

Any player getting caught for weed is just plain ignorant.

Smoke elevens months our of the year.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT