ADVERTISEMENT

Things you learn in Sales Tax refunds....

vevois23

Star Player
Jan 19, 2005
Most medical devices are tax exempt. Whether that is through express directive in the statutes or if they bear single use and Rx only indication on their packaging. With that in mind, here is what I dealt with today:

Product description
Implant, Plug Anal Fistula with product packaging that supports single use (I would hope so) and Rx only.

Pretty sure I just approved a refund for a prescription butt plug.

Also just in case anyone is wondering, human organs are tax exempt.

Most medical devices are tax exempt. Whether that is through express directive in the statutes or if they bear single use and Rx only indication on their packaging. With that in mind, here is what I dealt with today:

Product description
Implant, Plug Anal Fistula with product packaging that supports single use (I would hope so) and Rx only.

Do you actually buy the organ? Or do you buy the products and services associated with the implementation of the organ? I figured since the organ was "donated", that there wasn't a price tag attached to it. you might pay for the igloo cooler and the ice, but not for the organ itself.

Product description

And since most medical devices are tax exempt, can you get the sales taxes back for "personal massagers" if you can prove a history of back or muscle problems? Asking for a friend...

My "8 year old" mind has trouble not laughing if I see the words "fist" and "anal" in the same sentence, not to mention one product description.

Product description

Did you ask them why they were returning it? Didn't fit?

Do you put something like that back on the shelf?

Do you actually buy the organ? Or do you buy the products and services associated with the implementation of the organ? I figured since the organ was "donated", that there wasn't a price tag attached to it. you might pay for the igloo cooler and the ice, but not for the organ itself.

Well I don't get my organs from the conventional means. But it is good to know that my supplier has been right all along in not charging me sales tax.

And since most medical devices are tax exempt, can you get the sales taxes back for "personal massagers" if you can prove a history of back or muscle problems? Asking for a friend...

The statute reads, "....use in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of illness or disease in human beings..."

My guess is that if you get a Doc to write a script for you Russ, you are golden.

Did you ask them why they were returning it? Didn't fit?

Do you put something like that back on the shelf?

Thankfully, I work for the government and not in a medical supply store, at least in this instance.

ADVERTISEMENT