ADVERTISEMENT

This place has a lot of middle-aged white dudes, so

Who is your favorite rapper of all time?

• Tupac

Votes: 37 20.4%
  • Notorious B.I.G.

Votes: 19 10.5%
  • Dr. Dre

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • Snoop Dog

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Jay-Z

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Eminem

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • Ice Cube

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Vanilla Ice - haha

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • Kanye West - haha x2

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • other - please list

Votes: 43 23.8%

• Total voters

Gonolz

Veteran Seminole Insider
Aug 6, 2002
Indian Rocks Beach
who is your favorite rapper of all time? If you hate rap, choose other and put your favorite easy listening gangsta group.

Beastie-Boys-1024x7681.jpg

No choices in the poll are old school enough for us middle age guys.

Anyway Run DMC is the correct answer.

Like with the Beasties, I was trying to go for individuals. It's tricky to rock a poll. You talk too much, you never shut up. You be Illin' and always Raising Hell.

I remember when Tupac was a back-up dancer with Digital Underground...instant street cred

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Hmm, no Run DMC or Beastie Boys (heck I still play Newcleus) but then I saw the non-group comment. Still tough.

Rakim
Doug E. Fresh
Slick Rick
ICE-T
Bob Dylan

Hmm, no Run DMC or Beastie Boys (heck I still play Newcleus) but then I saw the non-group comment. Still tough.

Rakim
Doug E. Fresh
Slick Rick
ICE-T
Bob Dylan

Good list. I'll add Gangstarr, kool g rap and Dana Dane.

Reactions: HulaNole
Ghostface Killah
Scarface

Also how can you have dre and snoop on there? Dre is more of a producer. Snoop has a couple great albums and a lot of fluff. In fact I'd say the same on emineN

Seems like a very mainstream list overall Gotta broaden the horizons with the genre

Will Smith

Even his current Scientology weirdness and awful nethersfruit haven't made me dislike You a saw My Blinker ^+^*, Parents Just Don't Understand, Nightmare on My Street, FPoBA theme and his "new" stuff....from the 90s.

Is there anyone on the list who has not had major criminal charges filed against them, or had someone else try to off them? With the exception of Kayne West it seems the only time I have heard of most of the others is was from a crime report. My feelings about KW is someone would be doing us all of favor if they did target him.

Weird Al Yankovic

Saw him in Biloxi not terribly long ago (maybe 4 months tops), he put on an amazing performance. Rap, rock, acoustic sets, barbershop, and of course oompah with set and clothing changes for almost every song. Everyone knows he's hilarious funny, but the dude is also very musically talented and of course...amazing performer.

None. Alleged poetry with a drum machine in the background with the occasional sample of another artist's work = not music to me. Though I must confess Cypress Hill kinda/sorta interested me a little.

ADVERTISEMENT