ADVERTISEMENT

Tipping the driver

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
been doing a car service to and from airport. I generally live by the My Blue Heavan creed and tip everyone, but was wondering if that was the norm.

I pretty much tip everyone who's friendly and helpful, not sure what you mean by a car service but I tip the shuttle guy a couple bucks who takes me to my car.

Definitely tip....if you like the town car service, try using Uber black and then you don't have to worry about the tip, it's already in the bill.

Just like your waiter, 15%. You can add extra for additional services - under billing, extra luggage, getting you there faster, etc.

Reactions: phideltflg
Always tip car service. Usually a $20 spot.

This isn't a "driver" context, but if I am treated well by a high school or college kid parking my car (valet), I will occasionally give him a $20 and encourage him to keep up the good work. Very gratifying to see the inevitable smile.

should be 20 percent for a driver or more if he was really helpful..a driver for a car service can do a lot and get a lot for you...those guys usually have the city they are driving in pretty wired

ADVERTISEMENT