ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 NFL Draft Prediction Thread

jim65

All-ACC
Gold Member
Jul 19, 2002
Ok draft junkies, we almost made it through 5 rounds of our draft, so let's make this short and sweet!

List your predicted top 5 picks AND which team will make that pick (so you are including trade possibilities)

Here are mine:

1. Winston (TB)
2. Mariota (CLE)
3. Cooper (JAX)
4. Williams (OAK)
5. Fowler (ATL)

Went out on a limb for a couple, just hoping for a little excitement in this draft!

Hoping for a crazy night

1 Jamies to TB
2 Mariota to Browns
3 Williams to Jags
4 Cooper to Saints
5 Waynes to Redskins

I just don't see Eagles getting up to 2, Browns easily can if they want it bad enough. I think manziel is traded too in this scenario for a low pick.

Saints are a dumpster fire and don't want two firsts so I think they add a wr to appease Brees

Hoping for a crazy night

1 Jamies to TB
2 Mariota to Browns
3 Williams to Jags
4 Cooper to Saints
5 Waynes to Redskins

I just don't see Eagles getting up to 2, Browns easily can if they want it bad enough. I think manziel is traded too in this scenario for a low pick.

Saints are a dumpster fire and don't want two firsts so I think they add a wr to appease Brees

Disagree with this portion. Saints want 2 first, or they wouldn't have trade Graham to get the second, and that goes with appeasing Brees as well. They took a WR last year and will likely go defense on both picks, unless one of the 3 main WRs fail to them/

Winston to TB
Mariota to Philly
Williams to Jax
Cooper to Raiders
Fowler Jr. to Redskins

The Bradford trade was to acquire a chip for a trade to Cleveland to get 2 1st-rounders and then use them to get to #2. Chip Kelly will go for broke. Phillip Rivers isn't going anywhere.

Not saying it's going to be "chalk", but one of the pundits the other night (can't remember which one) made an excellent point: Tennessee is a team without an identity and will therefore stay put and draft Mariota (barring a trade they just can't refuse, which I don't think will happen) to place a face on the franchise. The kid is big enough with a sufficient arm to operate Ken Whisenhunt's offense once he's taught the intricacies of the pro-style offense on the job.

1) Bucs - Winston
2) Titans - Mariota
3) Jags - Fowler Jr.
4) Raiders - Cooper
5) Redskins - Williams

If there is a trade in the top 5, I think it would be with the Skins. I could see someone like Atlanta trading up to bolster their pass rush, for instance. Meanwhile, Washington is looking to add a bunch of BPA's to improve the overall quality of their roster, so them trading down to get extra selections makes sense.

Lizards was close pretty much no drama but Williams to 6 surprised me. I didn't think raiders would pass on him hoping Cooper can contribute right away they need a wr

This is why the Chefs continue to suck. I've been studying this team as I've been picking for them in our PGSF mock for years, and K.C. elects to choose a non-need player with extreme character concerns. I guess I'll still be trying to fill the same old needs for them next year.

Not saying it's going to be "chalk", but one of the pundits the other night (can't remember which one) made an excellent point: Tennessee is a team without an identity and will therefore stay put and draft Mariota (barring a trade they just can't refuse, which I don't think will happen) to place a face on the franchise. The kid is big enough with a sufficient arm to operate Ken Whisenhunt's offense once he's taught the intricacies of the pro-style offense on the job.

1) Bucs - Winston
2) Titans - Mariota
3) Jags - Fowler Jr.
4) Raiders - Cooper
5) Redskins - Williams

If there is a trade in the top 5, I think it would be with the Skins. I could see someone like Atlanta trading up to bolster their pass rush, for instance. Meanwhile, Washington is looking to add a bunch of BPA's to improve the overall quality of their roster, so them trading down to get extra selections makes sense.

You got it!

ADVERTISEMENT