ADVERTISEMENT

U20 World Cup right now

kooterridesagain

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2002
Unsure how many care, but U20 world cup has two wins in two games so far. To put this in perspective, Klinsman/Ramos have been a disaster the last 5 years overseeing the youth setup, ending most streaks of making youth world cups at U17 and U20 level, and being embarassed when we do make a tourney.

So even if we opened with Myanmar, then at host New Zealand, no one expected 6 points. Today was a great offensive display in a 4-0 route, more commonly seen at U17 than U20. It was a big scoreline.

Next up is Ukraine. 3am Friday on FoxSports1 USA. We're into the knockout stage already but we'll want to win or tie to avoid a potential 2 seed from a tougher group in round of 16.

Oh, and the Arsenal kid Zelalem has some nice moments. He's nowhere near where Donovan was at 19 in this tournament, but he's got a lot of technical skill, just needs to settle in with his new teammates and start attacking opponents more and going for goal.

Ha ha, the Ukraine. Do you know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine.

Watched the game this morning, live. The US really lacked finishing skills but looked OK setting up some oppurtuinities.

Hope no one watched the Ukraine scrimmage. That's what Ramos is known for.
Rd 16 Colombia Tuesday early

Hope no one watched the Ukraine scrimmage. That's what Ramos is known for.
Rd 16 Colombia Tuesday early

Yup, watched that mess. I have been following Brazil and Andreas Pereira, who (Pereira) has looked pretty good, so far.

That was a classic example of survive and advance against Columbia this morning. Arriola made a great header to save a goal after the US saved a PK in the 83rd.

In the quarters vs a loaded Serbian team. Mexico and Argentina did not make it out of group play.

Aren't the Germans and Serbs also sending teams to the EUFA U21's?

Is Mexico basically going to be using the same roster for the Cola and Gold Cup? Chicarito can't even make the roster for Mexico, I would love to see him join Orlando with Kaka feeding him a ton of balls inside the 12.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT