ADVERTISEMENT

UF fraternity shut down.

Do you know if those involved were expelled? Not saying they should or should not have been, honestly just curious.

dLvI6x3.gif

Thank the lord. As much as I hate to do it, I give credit to UF admin. Nice work.

Hmmmm, keep a murderer that plays football and go harsh on a bunch of frat nerds....Win at all costs. Despicable!

Too harsh? As a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan, I don't think so. You have to understand that this was an event being thrown for Wounded Warriors. These are veterans who lost more than most defending our country. Spitting on them, their dogs, cursing at them, destroying American Flags, and just flat out treating them inhumanely is not something you punish lightly. The fraternity can always apply for reinstatement in the future and I doubt it's a permanent move, but definitely a good move by UF for the short term future.

This morning on Fox and Friends there was a lively debate about eliminating all fraternities from campus life. There was an author on the show who wrote a book called Pledged, and she stated since 2010 fourteen students have died during the pledge process....damning to say the least. The Panama City incident and UF were also discussed. I was in a fraternity at FSU, and I'm not for eliminating them from campus, but bad behavior must be addressed appropriately. UF did the right thing.

They should drop these douchebags off in the middle of Baltimore and then have them call the National Guard to come get them out, I wonder how long they will be waiting in hold.

Fraternities are not for me, but if that's what you chose to do or are currently in a fraternity, then good for you. It's like hunting with me, I don't hunt, but if that's what you choose to do, then it's fine with me.

I think UF did the correct thing, but with public pressure, I don't think they had a choice. Now, if these kids were just a group of UF students not affiliated with any fraternity, would the school still consider expelling the students?

What they did was truly awful. Apparently it was only 3 of the fraternity brothers that were involved. I really would have liked to have seen some video of what they're accused of doing. You'd think if they were going on an insane tirade like this everyone would have whipped out their phones to video. But there is none. Not calling the veteran a liar, just am surprised there is no video evidence (at least that has come out) I think UF acted properly. This fraternity was already on probation for hazing in Fall 2014. So one more strike and they'd be gone. There's your strike. But can you really expel them as students from UF? There are so many liberal, america hating, veteran hating whack jobs at any university....there are even some leftist professors I know here in hogtown who probably are thinking "good for them".... I don't condone what they did but I don't know if they can be expelled from UF. Time will tell. I did see that interview on fox where the one lady was calling for shutting down all greek organizations. This is ridiculous. They do way more good than they do harm...it's just super juicy news when something does happen involving a sorority or fraternity.

So the three that were involved directly have caused the rest of the kids to go buy new friends?

Meh... In my experience of fake rushing frats at UF, the other Jewish frat was more fun to hang out with anyways.

I'm glad to hear they already had strikes against them. I don't think the whole chapter should be thrown off by actions of 3 people. But if they were already on thin ice and just needed a tiny push... that makes more sense.

Those involved should have just had their asses thoroughly kicked when it happened. Swift and immediate punishment is always more effective.

ZBT? Never heard of them.
ZBT has been on FSU's campus for about 3 years. They bought the Lambda Chi Alpha house 3 years ago after Lambda Chi got kicked off campus for the accidental shooting death of that sorority girl.
zbtfsu_zps3yxnzq5v.jpg

ZBT is a traditionally Jewish frat. Their great-great-great-great-great grand fathers killed Jesus and for that they are getting what they deserve. Despite that tidbit.

I don't agree with this. A few drunk guys at an away from campus event doing some stupid sh1t shouldn't effect the entire organization. I believe in an individual punishment for individual crime. Where does it stop, your town, your family, the people who were in the car with you? If you make a stupid, drunken mistake only you should be punished.

Also that being said, I've read all that I could find on this and it has all been one sided. What if the wounded vets were being ass holes? Just because you were wounded doesn't mean you're a saint.

I was both an infantrymen and a frat guy, and I've heard a lot of stupid antagonistic drivel tumble out of the drunken mouths of both groups.

Reactions: Bartdog
ZBT is a traditionally Jewish frat. Their great-great-great-great-great grand fathers killed Jesus and for that they are getting what they deserve. Despite that tidbit.

I don't agree with this. A few drunk guys at an away from campus event doing some stupid sh1t shouldn't effect the entire organization. I believe in an individual punishment for individual crime. Where does it stop, your town, your family, the people who were in the car with you? If you make a stupid, drunken mistake only you should be punished.

Also that being said, I've read all that I could find on this and it has all been one sided. What if the wounded vets were being ass holes? Just because you were wounded doesn't mean you're a saint.

I was both an infantrymen and a frat guy, and I've heard a lot of stupid antagonistic drivel tumble out of the drunken mouths of both groups.
Yep, there's always the 2%.

I 100% agree. Same for the fraternity in OK. Maybe that entire chapter was singing, doesn't mean the national organization should have been banned forever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT