ADVERTISEMENT

Umpires behind the plate.

waternole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2003
Will.be a huge factor.in beating OU.
We can't afford to have to live off of having to pitch to a hitter friendly strike zone. OU's lineup is just too good.
For us to win 2 out of 3 we need a "pitcher friendly" ump. I like our chances with our hitters being able to adjust to that rather than our pitchers having to live over the white part of the plate.

Reactions: chiefland
Agree completely! Not sure which umpire I liked best. While the male umpire seemed to be inconsistent with some of his outside calls, his strike zone is wider and lower than the female umpire who appears wants those balls right at the belt and over the plate. She was frustrating the drop ball pitchers, in my opinion.

The ump definitely favored the outside pitch tonight. Hopefully we get a tighter zone from the ump tomorrow and Kat has her best stuff. We need to make sure we don’t forget our bats at the hotel like we did tonight….

Agree completely! Not sure which umpire I liked best. While the male umpire seemed to be inconsistent with some of his outside calls, his strike zone is wider and lower than the female umpire who appears wants those balls right at the belt and over the plate. She was frustrating the drop ball pitchers, in my opinion.
Tonight’s ump zone definitely favored their pitcher tonight. Hopefully tomorrow night the ump has a tighter zone which will favor Kat.

I hope Lonni is in every ump's ear about calling an illegal pitch on the OU pitcher. Her leaping off the rubber and landing completely outside of the circle was worse than anything Reid did while having 5 called on her.
Lots of bad and non calls from the ump last night. Smells fishy to me.

I hope Lonni is in every ump's ear about calling an illegal pitch on the OU pitcher. Her leaping off the rubber and landing completely outside of the circle was worse than anything Reid did while having 5 called on her.
The umps could literally call an illegal pitch every time. It’s like holding in football. However, very few umps ever do, except the one we had in the semis. I just hope we get a better strike zone tonight. That ump last night was giving pitches in the other batters box.

The umps could literally call an illegal pitch every time. It’s like holding in football. However, very few umps ever do, except the one we had in the semis. I just hope we get a better strike zone tonight. That ump last night was giving pitches in the other batters box.

Yep. She is in the air almost every pitch. I guess 61 games in its a given she isn't doing anything wrong.
Oh wait...

Reactions: USMC_Steamer_Nole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT