ADVERTISEMENT

VW Jetta commercial

JLORYFSU!

Freshman
Apr 6, 2002
Does anyone find those old ladies really obnoxious? I am having flashbacks of selling homes to seniors and the old people from Boca, West Palm, Long Island, etc.

I can see this appealing to a small segment of old, loud, brazen people but would think that the majority of people would find those ladies unbearable. Yes, I do know who they are and how they got their "fame." Everytime I see that commercial, I mute it ASAP.

If those were old men instead it would be deemed too creepy and the politically correct nazis would have the commercial pulled.

Reactions: Bubbz
I think the commercials are funny. I even snorted when the one old lady called it a "Geetta".

I'm not a fan of the Buick commercial either but find this one much more annoying. These old bags really make my skin crawl.

I don't know who they are but they remind me - or I should say the goal seems to be to remind people of - the Golden Girls, 2015 version.

I don't hate them, but I've only seen them like 3 times b

Seems like they're trying to go for a Wendy's "where's the beef" situation but they missed the mark big time. It feels like a cheesy local ad a dealership might run, but the fact that it's vw, who has a rich history of advertising, is sad.

"Model rear-end event." It's gross, don't understand the angle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT