ADVERTISEMENT

Watch: Brian Pensky reflects on exhibition at UCF, season-opening trip to Texas A&M and TCU

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
Watch: Brian Pensky reflects on exhibition at UCF, season-opening trip to Texas A&M and TCU

Some quotes from Pensky:

"Today is the first time all preseason we have had all 22 of our players. Felt really good this morning in our video room to have our team. Obviously Jodie (Brown) and Joe (Onyi Echegini), just getting back, not sure what they will give us this weekend but it's nice to have everybody back."

"Our game at UCF the other day was an unbelievable teaching day. Lot of takeaways on both sides of the ball plus set pieces. I think our team this morning was also our best practice of preseason. You always want to have talent, you always want to be organized and then you want to have good energy within the group. And I think we have all of the things right now."

"I didn't really appreciate how beneficial it was going to be until it happened. And then even afterwards. We had a couple kids with some nicks, we wanted to protect them. We only had 14 field players, and seven of those were new players. Whereas we came in last year and everybody was a returner minus Echegini and one or two freshmen sprinkled in there. It was a veteran team. They all knew what to do. Preseason is short and you need games like that. We had a lot of video, a lot of individual video, a lot of team video. Massive for us. We would be in a totally different place if we didn't have that experience."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT