ADVERTISEMENT

What do I pay dog sitter?

travnole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Chief Osceola Burial Site
We are going out of town this weekend and a 5th grader from down the street is going to come feed/let our dog out on sat/sun.

How much do I pay her?

Dog is a Boston terrier and easy. All she will have to do is feed the dog once each day. And come over and open the door for the dog to go out a few times each day.

$10/day ?

When my son did it for our neighbor, I think she gave him $20 a day.

We are going out of town this weekend and a 5th grader from down the street is going to come feed/let our dog out on sat/sun.

How much do I pay her?

Dog is a Boston terrier and easy. All she will have to do is feed the dog once each day. And come over and open the door for the dog to go out a few times each day.

$10/day ?
I have a friend who does that for a living and her rate is $16/stop by. Gets very pricey for a long weekend with 2-3 visits a day. Not saying that's what you should pay...just what she charges.

How much do I pay her?

$10/day ?

Seems like she or her parents should set the price -- not you -- but, in any event, I would be prepared to pay at least $20 or $25 per day. It will make her happy and want to do a good job for you, and she will be motivated to do it again in the future. If you had to board the dog with a professional, you'd be paying way more than $25/per.

Reactions: KevNole
Used to get 20 a day back in the 90's. I would go with that. Kid will be thrilled for 60 bucks.

Our kennel would be $30/day.

Let parents set the price? Hmmm... My old man didn't negotiate for me when I was cutting yards as a kid.

Shoot my dad would teach me a lesson about selling myself short. He'd hire me to do shit jobs and let me set the price. I'd way undersell it and be cussing the whole time I was doing it.

Lucky to have gotten paid at all.

Anyway, $20 a day as long as your pets are alive and still there when u get home.

Our kennel would be $30/day.

Let parents set the price? Hmmm... My old man didn't negotiate for me when I was cutting yards as a kid.

Were you cutting yards for others at age 10? Doubtful. If I learned that someone overreached my 10 year-old daughter in some self-serving arrangement, well, it wouldn't go over so well for the overreacher.

In today's environment, only a fool would have direct dealings with a 10 year-old girl. Not so crazy to work through Mom or Dad.

Were you cutting yards for others at age 10? Doubtful. If I learned that someone overreached my 10 year-old daughter in some self-serving arrangement, well, it wouldn't go over so well for the overreacher.

In today's environment, only a fool would have direct dealings with a 10 year-old girl. Not so crazy to work through Mom or Dad.

I was cutting yards all over my neighborhood in 6th grade. How old is that?

As I said, This kid is a 5th grader, lives 3 houses down and plays with my 7 and 3 year old girls while her and my dad slam beers in my driveway on the reg.

I think it's a safe arrangement.

You don't pay the dog place $20 a night to board them. Food, walks, bath, nails trimmed. 20 a day is overkill. $5 a day is plenty for a neighborhood kid...

As I said, This kid is a 5th grader, lives 3 houses down and plays with my 7 and 3 year old girls while her and my dad slam beers in my driveway on the reg.

I'm not sure I'd entrust a 5th grader with a drinking problem with my dog.

What's min wage in your state.
Simply take that and apply it to the totally amount of time she will spend per day.

If she's over three times a day for 20-30 min, you're prob looking at between 9 and 12 bucks plus a tip of your pets heads haven't fallen off.

Not to sound cheap, but she should get used to what life is like out there for a lot of people.

What's min wage in your state.
Simply take that and apply it to the totally amount of time she will spend per day.

If she's over three times a day for 20-30 min, you're prob looking at between 9 and 12 bucks plus a tip of your pets heads haven't fallen off.

Not to sound cheap, but she should get used to what life is like out there for a lot of people.

Let's be honest here. The parent is going to do all of the work as a favor. The kid is going to learn what's it's like to earn a little scratch. Hopefully the parent will make them come along and actually do the work. $5 a day is more than adequate for a 5th grader. Give them too much and the lose the concept of the life lesson. Their minds don't think like adult minds. If you're gone for the weekend (Sat/Sun) $20 is more than adequate...

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
Around $20 per visit for a "professional" (an adult). I think $10 - 15/visit for the kid to do the job is fair.

Oh, that sounds very safe.

The kennel down the street charges $115 a week or $25 a day, but that does not include overnight stays.

What?

You telling me the colonel is slamming beers with a girl in the 5th grade and your ok with her having access to your house. I'd just pay her in 12 packs then.

Super-Creepy-Guy-Rob-Lowe-DIRECTV.png

You don't pay the dog place $20 a night to board them. Food, walks, bath, nails trimmed. 20 a day is overkill. $5 a day is plenty for a neighborhood kid...

Reminds me of Judge Smails flipping Danny Noonan a 50 cent tip.

Talk to the parent, tell them you'd be paying $40 to board the dog for the weekend so you want to pay that to the family. Let them tell you if they think that's too much. I wouldn't presume to impart "life lessons" to a neighbor's kid.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Around Land O lakes the going rate is $16 visit for "professional" pet sitters.

Talk to the parent, tell them you'd be paying $40 to board the dog for the weekend so you want to pay that to the family. Let them tell you if they think that's too much. I wouldn't presume to impart "life lessons" to a neighbor's kid.

Danny Noonan: "I can not afford college and will not be able to go"

Judge Smails: "Well the world needs ditch diggers!"

Hey, mock me if you want but things like that stick with a kid...

$20 a day.
I used to actually house sit two St, Banards when I was 11, 12 y/old.
They would go out for the evening for a few hours at a clip. I honestly don't recall how much they paid me and my sister. Nor why they needed us for a short period like that to be with them. Now I gotta ask my sis, if she remembers why!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT