ADVERTISEMENT

What do I pay dog sitter?

Less than what it costs to pay at a kennel. Keep in mind at at kennel you dog will be in a pen all day and get out for short periods of time. Not a lot less however, because home is a better environment for your dog. Kennel's also don't allow Sunday pickup usually, so you end up paying for an extra day.

We are going out of town this weekend and a 5th grader from down the street is going to come feed/let our dog out on sat/sun.

How much do I pay her?

Dog is a Boston terrier and easy. All she will have to do is feed the dog once each day. And come over and open the door for the dog to go out a few times each day.

$10/day ?

I dog sit for some people and they pay me $50 a day. But I live in an expensive area. I also give their dog the movie star treatment. I spend hours with him and play fetch and take him for walks.

It's like a vacation for the dog because I give him so much attention.

I have a house on the beach with a pool, friends and family stay at my house for free. I do give items signed and framed, tickets, make sure they ha e what they drink and eat. I'm lucky as we have a friend that lives 20 miles from her job and I'm about 3 miles from there

I have a house on the beach with a pool, friends and family stay at my house for free. I do give items signed and framed, tickets, make sure they ha e what they drink and eat. I'm lucky as we have a friend that lives 20 miles from her job and I'm about 3 miles from there
confused-monkey.jpg

$20 a day.
I used to actually house sit two St, Banards when I was 11, 12 y/old.
They would go out for the evening for a few hours at a clip. I honestly don't recall how much they paid me and my sister. Nor why they needed us for a short period like that to be with them. Now I gotta ask my sis, if she remembers why!

I hate to be the one to tell you that your parents were swingers, and dog sitting was their way of clearing you and the sister out of the house so the neighbors could come over for fun.

Reactions: lurker2001
I have a friend who does that for a living and her rate is $16/stop by. Gets very pricey for a long weekend with 2-3 visits a day. Not saying that's what you should pay...just what she charges.
We have lots of 3 day weekend away and pay two school age kids $10 day plus a token gift...gourmet cupcake for each, Cracker Barrell widget, or FSU beads, They're girls so it goes a long way

Less than what it costs to pay at a kennel. Keep in mind at at kennel you dog will be in a pen all day and get out for short periods of time. Not a lot less however, because home is a better environment for your dog. Kennel's also don't allow Sunday pickup usually, so you end up paying for an extra day.
you need to find a better kennel.

granted this is in seattle - a city with more dogs than children - but our 'kennel' has the dogs out running with the pack from 0730-1200 and 1330-1730. they have several webcams where you can watch them, i click over there to watch my chihuahua mix hump the crap out of any dog that gets in his way.

we can drop them off or pick them up 24 hrs a day.

there are some perks to living in a real city.

We have three Golden Retrievers, we pay a dog sitter $40 a day. She spends the night with them. Still cheaper then boarding them and they are in their home environment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT