ADVERTISEMENT

What do you splurge on?

YDFM? I've found it cheaper than traditional supermarkets, especially for meat and produce.

I don't see much of a savings for meat, but I agree the produce (for most items) is really cheap for the quality and variety you get. Same for the spices and dry goods. Good bakery, as well.

I don't see much of a savings for meat, but I agree the produce (for most items) is really cheap for the quality and variety you get. Same for the spices and dry goods. Good bakery, as well.

My god, the spices.

We do the majority of our marketing there. Typically have a handful of things that require a stop at Publix, but I love YDFM. We're awfully fortunate to have it.

Cost of attendance at FSU for three kids. In short, I don't currently splurge, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis. Stay thirsty...

I like to splurge on experiences and my hobbies. I do most all of them with wife, son (26) and daughter (20). The fun we have is worth every penny I spend and then some.

Hobbies including:

Hunting - I pay upwards of $5K a year to lease property here in Virginia for me and my family, about 1000 acres. We basically live on that property from Oct-Dec. I also bought an RV to live in last year.

Offshore Fishing - I own a nice boat (32 Regulator- the boat is great, the motors suck ass but that is a post for another day) but most of our fishing is done off of my buddies 48' Carolina built boat. We fish at least a dozen days or so during the year and then fish some billfish tournaments, we split the food and fuel each trip. The tournaments will run you upwards of $5k per tournament per person, there is usually six of us. We will also travel to Isla Mujeres, Mexico occasionally to sailfish during Feb-March. That's actually not that expensive except for the fishing, which will run you $2k per day.

Our family has a great time and as I said its money well spent, I feel extremely fortunate that I can afford to do all this. Hope it continues.....

Family trip to Hilton Head & hoops camps for my kids. They truly enjoy & appreciate those things which brings a smile to my face.

I splurge on fishing gear / trips. Rods, Reels, Lures, Line, etc. Boat trips are relatively cheap here in Japan if you group up with buddies.. Usually 200 bucks or less per trip per person. I go as much as I possibly can. Other than that, not too much.. I do like quality beer and tend to only drink what I consider to be good beer, when I can get it.

Anything I use more or less constantly.

Keyboards, mice, mousepads, computers, and computer monitors are the big offenders (about 10KUSD total, or so, which is insane to most people). Headphones are another (I work in cube-ville, noise isolation is important).

Omit just one letter from the word splurge and this thread would've taken a much different direction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT