ADVERTISEMENT

What do you think of this festival lineup

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
I ask because wife wants to go, but the weekend tickets are pretty expensive. It's not a bad lineup...but..

Free Press Houston

Skrillex
R. Kelly
Weezer
Steve Angello
Major Lazer
Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals...
St. Vincent
Flume
The Decemberists
Belle and Sebastian
Mastodon
Chance the Rapper
Tears for Fears
Band of Horses
Welcome to Houston featuring Bun-B, Slim Thug, Devin The Dude, Z-Ro, Paul Wall, Mike Jones, Scarface, Lil Flip, Lil Keke, and The Suffers
Gary Clark Jr.
Charli XCX
Flogging Molly
Sturgill Simpson
G-Eazy
RL Grime
Brandi Carlile
Odesza
Future Islands
Tove Lo
Rocket from the Crypt
Lecrae
Portugal. The Man
Tycho
GTA
Glass Animals
Pallbearer
ILoveMakonnen
Charles Bradley and his Extraordinaires
Benjamin Booker
Riverboat Gamblers
Yung Lean & Sad Boys
The Bright Light Social Hour
Moon Taxi
The Mountain Goats
Diarrhea Planet
Houndmouth
The Band of Heathens
Grizfolk
Iceage
Pentagram
Ben Kweller
Freeman
Sarah Jaffe
The Suffers
Tunji Ige
Buxton
Robert Ellis
Futurebirds
Twin Peaks
Goatwhore
Con Brio
Slaptop
The Tontons
Dpat
Scale The Summit
Hiram
thelastplaceyoulook
DJ Fredster
Gio Chamba
Boan
Pope
Night Drive
We Were Wolves
The Vanity
Deep Cuts
George West
Guilla
Kult Dizney
Moji
Catch Fever
Second Lovers
Prismo

I was a huge fan of each and every one of those artists/bands before they became all mainstream and started playing festivals. Now, meh, they're all sellouts.

That's an excellent lineup this year. For whatever reason, the big concerts (Bonnaroo, Coachella, Sasquatch etc) are all pretty poor. There's a number of bands I'd want to see.

Holy crap! How long is that concert supposed to last? Are they going to do one song each and share instruments? The set-up and take-down for each band put together will last a week alone.

2 Day and 2 stages. Goes on well into the night. Most sets are 30-45 minutes. We went last year to see the Ghetto Boyz reunion and they got busted for smoking and the po po wouldn't let them on the stage. A huge issue for this festival is that June can be pretty hot in Houston and I don't like to sit with the poors, so I have to buy the VIP tent tix.

Skrillex
Major Lazer
Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals...
St. Vincent
The Decemberists
Belle and Sebastian
Chance the Rapper
Band of Horses

I'd like to see these guys.

Skillex is still around? Dubstep has to be the biggest d
Fad in music..

Originally posted by Fijimn:

2 Day and 2 stages. Goes on well into the night. Most sets are 30-45 minutes. We went last year to see the Ghetto Boyz reunion and they got busted for smoking and the po po wouldn't let them on the stage. A huge issue for this festival is that June can be pretty hot in Houston and I don't like to sit with the poors, so I have to buy the VIP tent tix.
Haha and last year when that massive storm rolled through on Saturday and the park had to be evacuated and people were pissed. That was kind of funny actually.

Originally posted by 2noles1cup:
Skillex is still around? Dubstep has to be the biggest d
Fad in music..
I'm not that big of a Skrillex fan.... Saying that, Skrillex and Diplo put on a great show as Jack U.

I think it's a decent but not great lineup. The undercard Interests me more than the headliners. I'd probably be going myself if I didn't already have plans to be out of town that weekend.

As for whoever said that Sasquatch has a bad lineup this year, you're insane. I have a wedding to go to that weekend otherwise I'd be headed west, love their lineup.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Festival Lineups always make me feel very musically out of touch. I've only heard of about 3 of those people/bands and dont know them well enough to name any of their songs. I guess I'm too stuck in my ways of listening to all the good music from the 60's and 70's to venture out and check out the new stuff

Originally posted by Jake Blank:
Festival Lineups always make me feel very musically out of touch. I've only heard of about 3 of those people/bands and dont know them well enough to name any of their songs. I guess I'm too stuck in my ways of listening to all the good music from the 70's and 80's to venture out and check out the new stuff
same here except that I am mostly 80's.

I have no idea who most of those bands are, what genre of music is it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT