ADVERTISEMENT

What % of jersey sales go to the

hhsiteprep

All-ACC
Jul 27, 2009
Player in the nfl? Just curious how much extra A guy can make on top of his actual salary

Thanks

No extra money. Its part of nfl funding revenue so doesnt matter what jerseys people buy, but that does in turn affect other marketing opportunities for players outside nfl licensing.

Don't the players get paid extra for licensing revenue? I know they all get a cut, but Peyton Manning gets the same cut as the back up punter. I believe the licensing revenue goes into a pool, just like the TV revenue and then it is shared with the players, or am I mistaken and these funds/pools are all part of their salaries under the cap, for example, if the TV revenue increases, the cap increases, and the players make higher salaries.

Don't the players get paid extra for licensing revenue? I know they all get a cut, but Peyton Manning gets the same cut as the back up punter. I believe the licensing revenue goes into a pool, just like the TV revenue and then it is shared with the players, or am I mistaken and these funds/pools are all part of their salaries under the cap, for example, if the TV revenue increases, the cap increases, and the players make higher salaries.

manch,
I dont believe the players get extra licensing money but nfl teams do. From home/away ticket ratios to hot dog sales, unclear to me what teams do with that. Pretty sure anything nfl licensing for players must go into pots

ADVERTISEMENT