ADVERTISEMENT

Whats an older song that you listen to all the time??

There are so many from the past. Here's one of my favorites.

Last edited:
I listen to almost nothing but old songs. If you want me to narrow it down:

* I'd guess I listen to Marley more than any other artist. He's been dead for longer than many on here have been alive, so I assume that his music qualifies as old
*Lately I've been listening to a few concert recordings of Dr. John.

Here is one I have been listening to a lot lately after a few pops at the end of the night

Lots of old stuff and plenty of Ben Harper and Keb Mo...
Melissa and Blue Sky by the Allman Brothers.
Jimmy Cliff's "The Harder They Come" soundtrack.
"Clues" album by Robert Palmer.
Self titled album by the Amazing Rhythm Aces.
"461 Ocean Boulevard" album by Eric Clapton.
"Teaser and the Firecat" album by Cat Stevens.
All of Little Feat's work with Lowell George.
Early ZZ Top.
Bill Withers has really become a go to listen.

Reactions: SeaPA
These music threads are awesome and I love all the Pink Floyd fans on this board. Makes me genuinely happy that other NOLES appreciate their music because it absolutely does something to my soul and spirit when I listen to them. Favorite band of all time and it's not even really close. Huge respect for music and have a broad taste for it but if someone put a gun to my head it would be milliseconds before pink Floyd came out of my mouth. Someone should start a Floyd thread

The oldest songs on my iPhone right in not exactly chronological order now are

Bobby Rush - Bowlegged Woman
Joe Cocker - Feelin Alright
John Lee Hooker - Boom Boom
Monkees - I'm a Believer
Rolling Stones - Paint it Black

Without googling I don't know which is oldest.

Most of my owned collection is 80s and up to today, but I have a smattering of 70s.

If I were to take a SWAFG at my iPhone song decade breakdown, I'd say it was about 5-10% 60s and 70s, maybe 10-15% 80s, 30% 90s, 20% 00s and 35-40% 10s.

These music threads are awesome and I love all the Pink Floyd fans on this board. Makes me genuinely happy that other NOLES appreciate their music because it absolutely does something to my soul and spirit when I listen to them. Favorite band of all time and it's not even really close. Huge respect for music and have a broad taste for it but if someone put a gun to my head it would be milliseconds before pink Floyd came out of my mouth. Someone should start a Floyd thread
There are lot's of Pink Floyd fans on these boards, and I am one of them. I remember before the LR there were a few Pink Floyd threads on the TC. You won't see him on here anymore, but JMG Nole is a huge Pink Floyd fan.

Somebody mentioned the soundtrack from The Harder They Come; that soundtrack is simply spectacular.

I was in grade school when this was released, but I remember listening to it all the time growing up in our house. Had the album. Just takes me to another place every time I hear it - to me it's an experience.

A tune by Jim Calpaldi post Traffic that made in the Top 25 in 1983 I believe it was entitled "That's Love".

Not a ground breaking song by any stretch of the imagination, but I like the beat, the chord structure, and the melody.

When there were cassette players I wore out the tape playing it so much. Glad I can get in on youtube.

American Pie- Don McLean
Into The Mystic- Van Morrison
Stand By Me- Ben E. King
Good Ole Boys Like Me- Don Williams
L.A. Freeway- Guy Clark
I Got A Name- Jim Croce
Imagine- John Lennon

Can't say it's one I listen to all the time, but this one came on Pandora the other day and I was like, "F*&# Yeah!"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: KevNole
Seed Pandora with "Rapper's Delight" and sit back and enjoy...

Then there is Jackson Browne anything..

"(Sittin On) The Dock of the Bay" is always somewhere in my list...

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
There are lot's of Pink Floyd fans on these boards, and I am one of them. I remember before the LR there were a few Pink Floyd threads on the TC. You won't see him on here anymore, but JMG Nole is a huge Pink Floyd fan.

I don't get how some people can look me dead in my face and say they don't like the floyd. Baffling. Me and JMG and all the other floydians would be able to talk for hours.

Ditto to the two who aid Marley and Withers. Both of those get an abnormal amount of play for songs their age.

Old forgotten funk like White Lines, Shackles, other stuff from RJ's Latest Arrival, etc.

I graduated high school in 1984, so that era gets some Play. I have a playlist I made for our 30 year reunion last year that I dust off every now and then.

Last edited:
I just downloaded the Rocky IV soundtrack and wear those songs out while I'm running or at the gym. Makes me wanna go fight a giant Russian for the sake of all that is red, white and blue in this country. Draaaaaaagooooo

I should be able to reply to this thread, but I got nothin.... I'm really looking for some new music that I would like as much as all those great old songs that I'm tired of hearing, lol... make sense?

Can't say it's one I listen to all the time, but this one came on Pandora the other day and I was like, "F*&# Yeah!"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src=" " frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They opened for us at a concert a couple of months ago. They saved that song for their finale. It was well received obviously.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT