ADVERTISEMENT

What's going on with my LCD TV?

F4Gary

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
Grapevine, Tx
All of a sudden I'm getting fine vertical colored lines off the lighter parts of the screen in the center and left portions of the screen?

More than likely it's a connection issue with the cables in the tv. If you can, remove the back panel and make sure all the connections look good. Specifically the ribbon cable connection (the rainbow looking wires). Check the connections and see if the picture corrects itself. It's worth a try.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

TVs are so cheap now that I want mine to die so i can get a new one. I move TVs around when RVing and I have 2 now that the cable screw in has broke and I can only use video/audio cables on them, whats up with that? They make TVs to last a long time and thats the worst part.

An LCD? Lulz.

Definitely try your connections. Most people don't realize it because it mostly doesn't matter, but HDMI cables actually have a designated direction; the ends aren't meant to be interchangeable. Could try flipping it around. (That's more the case on super long cables, not really the under 10 ft kind).

Could just be time to pony up a little for a newer, sweeter TV.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

it's 2015...if you don't have an LED TV you are way behind the curve....as a base these days you should have a LED 1080p 120/240 HZ.....it's a great time to get TV's right now because the new models are all coming out in May so they are drastically slashing prices on the 14's to get them out of the store...for example I just got at Best Buy last week a 48 Inch Samsung Smart TV 1080P 120/240 hz that was marked down to 650...originally 899

Originally posted by F4Gary:
All of a sudden I'm getting fine vertical colored lines off the lighter parts of the screen in the center and left portions of the screen?
My TV is doing the exact same thing. I will try the connections and see if that gets rid of the colored lines. Thanks for the info.

Try unplugging it to reset. My LCD was acting weird a couple weeks ago and I pulled the plug while the TV was on, waited a few minutes and plugged it back in... viola!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT