ADVERTISEMENT

Who has sling tv?

impex

Star Player
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2003
I dumped my satellite TV & went with Netflix. It has been great, but I miss a lot of live college sports not having ESPN. I understand this sling tv streams all espn and espn 2 (among other channels)programming for $20/mo. Please chime in with your experience with it if you have it, or have used it. Thanks.

I dumped my satellite TV & went with Netflix. It has been great, but I miss a lot of live college sports not having ESPN. I understand this sling tv streams all espn and espn 2 (among other channels)programming for $20/mo. Please chime in with your experience with it if you have it, or have used it. Thanks.

Please remove to correct forum. Thanks.

Really dude? This is a great question and I curious of the experience others have had with sling tv.
I would like to know also .. go a some Antenna at Radio shack and get about 20 channels free and netflix .. the only thing missing is FSU Sports / ESPN .. abc, cbs and nbc is all free so yes it is soley a sports issue

Please remove to correct forum. Thanks.
ThreadPolice.jpg

Reactions: FarmerNole
Yes. Per Warchant, the Tribal Council Forum is "Your home for FSU sports news and scoop," not an electronic review website.

If you're interested in Sling TV, this may help: http://bfy.tw/9yx.
Until you're a mod, you might want to try to keep the douchbaggery to a minimum. If it bothers you that much, email the mods. Good luck with that.

Reactions: FarmerNole
I think its great question and it does relate to FSU sports... I would like to know what people think..

If the monopoly can be broken access to content will go up and prices will drop like a rock

I've had it for 3 months now and couldn't be happier. Channels come in in HD and you don't even notice you are streaming over the Internet. I had directv and don't even miss it.

The only downside to it is that you can only have 1 active stream per account. They are working on this so that you can watch on multiple tvs simultaneously. I also like being able to pull up ESPN on my phone when I'm stuck in the airport or Drs office.

They have a 7 day free trial. Give it a shot, nothing to lose.

Reactions: HardiNole
I've had it for 3 months now and couldn't be happier. Channels come in in HD and you don't even notice you are streaming over the Internet. I had directv and don't even miss it.

The only downside to it is that you can only have 1 active stream per account. They are working on this so that you can watch on multiple tvs simultaneously. I also like being able to pull up ESPN on my phone when I'm stuck in the airport or Drs office.

They have a 7 day free trial. Give it a shot, nothing to lose.

Great. Thanks JT. I'm going to do the trial.

I have SlingTV...signal quality is excellent..for $20 you get H2, History, TNT, A&E, TBS Espn Espn 2... and for $5 extra you also get the SEC Network and Espu..we are very happy with this package...only problem I've had is the NCAA Final Four had too many viewers and overloaded the system...IF THIS HAPPENS DURING FOOTBALL SEASON I WILL BE PISSED AND CANCEL...the only reason I went with Sling is for football season so hopefully they worked out the glitches from the Final Four.

Reactions: sphinxnole
I have SlingTV...signal quality is excellent..for $20 you get H2, History, TNT, A&E, TBS Espn Espn 2... and for $5 extra you also get the SEC Network and Espu..we are very happy with this package...only problem I've had is the NCAA Final Four had too many viewers and overloaded the system...IF THIS HAPPENS DURING FOOTBALL SEASON I WILL BE PISSED AND CANCEL...the only reason I went with Sling is for football season so hopefully they worked out the glitches from the Final Four.
This is a bit worrisome... Hopefully it's been fixed.

I had no issues with SlingTv during the NCAA tournament.

I want to try Sling TV but I'm waiting for Chromecast support. I don't have any of the other supported devices and don't want to have to add one just to use the service. For those interested, Sling offers a free Roku streaming stick or Amazon Fire stick if you prepay for three months of service ($60). Or they offer 50% off a Roku 3 or Amazon Fire or Nexus streaming box. It's pretty tempting, but I'd prefer to use equipment I already have.

I think I need to switch to a Roku 3 with a direct cat 5 input. Supposed to be a lot better reception.

I have the ability to stream right now through my Blu Ray player but it comes through pretty spotty. A direct Cat 5 input is something I considered but I'm also looking at simply upgrading my router to a dual band. The one I have now is about 5 years old.

I have the ability to stream right now through my Blu Ray player but it comes through pretty spotty. A direct Cat 5 input is something I considered but I'm also looking at simply upgrading my router to a dual band. The one I have now is about 5 years old.
I don't trust wifi to give the consistent Mbps needed for live sports streaming.

I've had it for a while, on FireTV, wired internet. It's fine. It sometimes locks up or buffers occasionally, but the quality is acceptable. Good product for the price. I'm happy with it.

I don't trust wifi to give the consistent Mbps needed for live sports streaming.

Depends on your provider I guess. With AT&T DSL, I wouldn't trust it. There are people in my neighborhood who are starting to get an internet service from Florida High Speed Internet that is done over microwave emitter. The download speeds are supposedly 75-90 mbps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT