ADVERTISEMENT

Who in the LR has the most kids?

lurker2001

Walk-on
May 23, 2015
Anyone in here like the Duggers? 19 kids and counting? Any Latinos here?

I have 0 kids and plan to stay at 0 for life, mostly for philosophical reasons but also because saving $250,000 minimum is appealing. My sister is having her first in August. I'm going to be the Godfather. She is mid 30's and will probably only have another one. People don't breed like they used to...

My Mom was 1 of 8 kids. Her family was Catholic and they used to have breeding contests in the neighborhood. I think the winner was the family with 14 kids...and their house only had one bathroom. (Shudder)

I'll start with 5 children, 5 grandkids with #6 due this summer.
Three of my sons by first ex, then adopted twins with my 2nd.

Two of mine are also on Warchant, a third would be if she had the extra $ to spend.

Last edited:
I'm 34 and have 4 kids. Two sets of twins ages 3.5 and 1.5.
Don't you travel all of the time? Your wife must be a very patient woman.

We stopped at two kids and started collecting animals. Two cats, three dogs plus one or two foster dogs at any given time.

41 and 4 kids.

2 different woman (1 from 1 before I was married and 3 from wife) and no you aren't getting pics. No twins and no step kids and no grandkids.

I have one kid. He's amazing enough that my wife and I never felt a need to have another. I mean, how do you look at your first kid and say, "Johnny, you weren't good enough as a stand alone child so we HAD to have another. You understand right?"

I have one kid. He's amazing enough that my wife and I never felt a need to have another. I mean, how do you look at your first kid and say, "Johnny, you weren't good enough as a stand alone child so we HAD to have another. You understand right?"
That's how it works huh?

LOL.

I never understood how you could look at your first kid and say "Johnny, you're fine I guess, but you're not having any brothers or sisters. You are expensive enough as it is, and it's just not worth the money. We like you, but not so much we'd like more of you. Sure, when we die that will be it for your family, but that's ok, because, frankly, we won't be here."

That's no less ridiculous than your premise.

Well, if this thread didn't confirm that this was FreeSpirit, I don't know what will.

That said, I am the oldest of 8, my mom was one of 11. I have one now, maybe have one more.

Reactions: lurker2001
42 with two kids, twin boys age five. I have a hard enough time getting their names straight, so I'm done.

Anyone in here like the Duggers? 19 kids and counting? Any Latinos here?

I have 0 kids and plan to stay at 0 for life, mostly for philosophical reasons but also because saving $250,000 minimum is appealing. My sister is having her first in August. I'm going to be the Godfather. She is mid 30's and will probably only have another one. People don't breed like they used to...

My Mom was 1 of 8 kids. Her family was Catholic and they used to have breeding contests in the neighborhood. I think the winner was the family with 14 kids...and their house only had one bathroom. (Shudder)

My advice to you is to be more successful, saving money is no reason to miss out on having kids. Oh, and they cost more than that.

My advice to you is to be more successful, saving money is no reason to miss out on having kids. Oh, and they cost more than that.
I have two. I wish I'd had a third, but I had a ruptured pregnancy and was lucky to be alive and healthy with a boy and a girl. Love them dearly.

On the other hand, maybe he'll wonder what about him is so bad that his parents didn't want another child.

Like I stated first, my main reasons are philosophical. I have no desire to bring potentially thousands of descendants into existence. I think it's better to let them stay in the state of non-existence, as they couldn't get hurt and they won't be deprived of anything by not existing. Bringing lives into existence is essentially a gamble on their fate and I'd rather not because of my compassionate nature.

Reactions: pauldNole
Like I stated first, my main reasons are philosophical. I have no desire to bring potentially thousands of descendants into existence. I think it's better to let them stay in the state of non-existence, as they couldn't get hurt and they won't be deprived of anything by not existing. Bringing lives into existence is essentially a gamble on their fate and I'd rather not because of my compassionate nature.

I have a better idea, maybe you could return to a state of non-existence...

To each his own, my kids will use enough of everything to offset what your non existent kids saved. Kind of like me voting Republican offsets you voting Democrat. Or vice versa.

To each his own, my kids will use enough of everything to offset what your non existent kids saved. Kind of like me voting Republican offsets you voting Democrat. Or vice versa.

Yeah but your kids or Grandkids or great-Grandkids might have something awful happen to them. (Hopefully not, of course) Mine won't.

Plus, I get to miss out on spending the rest of my life at soccer practice, won't be legally tied to someone, won't have zero freedom and won't have to argue with a teenager. :)

Last edited:
I have two. I wish I'd had a third, but I had a ruptured pregnancy and was lucky to be alive and healthy with a boy and a girl. Love them dearly.

And how is your daughter doing? You and her are the two greatest people that have ever lived or ever will live.

It's probably better that most people don't breed. Every time I hear someone ramble on about why they don't want to have kids I'm usually silently saying hooray!

We have 2. Probably done. They have made me a better person. A more boring person, but a better person. They bring so much joy and happiness into my life I can't imaging life without them now.

If I would have started breeding younger I would have had more.

Awful logic.

My money is on Desi to eventually win this race. He's damn near unbeatable - he's got the latino in him, AND he has two baby manufacturing plants in service.

Just had my second last year. I'm realizing its a lot harder to have a baby at 37 than it was at 29. My wife and I basically just stumble into bed each night now and its not from drinking. It will get a bit easier, but the baby is going through the extra clingy state right now, so difficult.

Don't you travel all of the time? Your wife must be a very patient woman.

We stopped at two kids and started collecting animals. Two cats, three dogs plus one or two foster dogs at any given time.
Yes, travel every week for work typically up to the Northeast from Orlando. Sucks but it allows my wife to stay home and have help. She is a saint and has tremendous patience.

ADVERTISEMENT