ADVERTISEMENT

Who on here used to have a water bed?

Nole Daddy

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
I did, and I actually loved it. Better yet, does anybody still have one?

Never had one. Slept on one without sheet one time. Ugh...

Had a king with no baffles. Put a heavy featherbed on top and that dampened the wave action. Was a great bed, I miss it sometimes.

Funny you brought this up. A guy I kind of know, but not really, was telling me that he stills sleeps on one. That he just bought a new bladder for it last month and loves it...he's in his late 50s and has used it for 30 plus years.

I was shocked and thought he was messing with me....he wasn't, his girlfriend confirmed it...who lives with him. She was super embarrassed about it but did say it was nice during the winter when it was cold out.

Pretty amazing.

And to answer your question, no...never had one.

Best bed to sleep alone in. Worst bed to sleep with someone nightly Got rid of mine when I got married.

slept on one up until 3 yrs ago. needed more back support and a firmer mattress but I still have it if anyone is interested.

I had one back when I was in school - maybe 8th grade through 10th grade? It was a great bed, but I also had a cat, so there was occasional maintenance and repair that had to be performed. I couldn't imagine having it once I was married, as sleeping with someone else on the water bed would have been terrible.

I have a 'soft sider' which is exactly like a regular mattress in size, etc., for sheets, etc., but a water bed inside. Replaced the bladder a couple of years ago.

I have a 'soft sider' which is exactly like a regular mattress in size, etc., for sheets, etc., but a water bed inside. Replaced the bladder a couple of years ago.
I had one for many years.....in fact too long as one night I ended up inside it! They get brittle and I turned over on my elbows and went right through. Unfortunately the liner didn't control the flow of water that went all over my bedroom floor! It was a frantic time at 3 AM!

I had one as a kid (13-19) and loved it. It was my first big purchase i made with my own money. I got a job at Dominoe's putting coupons on doors for $3.50 per hour in order to save up to buy it.

My 1st hookup in Tally had one, it was a little different at first, but the trick was to slide her up towards the corner or top and use the wave action to properly bury her head and get prime bucking action. And sheets off in the warm months afterwards, lying face down on the cool surface to cool the franks and beans for the win. Was hard to jo without her waking up and going "really...?!" though.

Last edited:
Had one growing up.I liked mine in the summer because we didn't have a/c therefore it kept me cool.
Negative was definetly the sloshing around and the noise while going to poundtown.
I always heard stories from my friends parents that had rentals that allowed waterbeds. They would get deadbeat renters that they would need to evict. After serving the papers the owners would go to the apt/house only to find the waterbed drained in place.

Yep, had one growing up as well for about 10 yrs. I enjoyed it but was ready for a real bed eventually. It was full motion and the slightest movement would make waves. I think we prob had it filled up a lil too much also.

Had one from high school though out college. Loved it. Agree with the heater in the winter. The sex was a little tricky at first, but once you got the hang of it was awesome. It is in the attic of some apartment complex in Orlando right now. Stored it there 14 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT