ADVERTISEMENT

XBox 360 Games for Girls?

LesClaypool

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jan 12, 2004
Tallahassee
So I just bought an XBox 360, in truth, exclusively to play FIFA15, but my 14-year old daughter really wants to play too. She's not thrilled getting beat 10 goals to 0 at FIFA. Weird????

Are there are any games like Mario Bros or Legend of Zelda or any good "family" games, for lack of a better term, that I should look at buying? I realize those are Nintendo titles, but does XBox have anything comparable?

So I just bought an XBox 360, in truth, exclusively to play FIFA15, but my 14-year old daughter really wants to play too. She's not thrilled getting beat 10 goals to 0 at FIFA. Weird????

Are there are any games like Mario Bros or Legend of Zelda or any good "family" games, for lack of a better term, that I should look at buying? I realize those are Nintendo titles, but does XBox have anything comparable?

You're better off purchasing a Wii and/or a 3DS on the side for her. Those systems have TONS of "girl" games aka lots of cute platform games, puzzle games, light role playing games etc... Every iteration of the XBox is basically designed for the Cheetos dust covered sweaty and pimpled boy nerd focusing almost exclusively on sports games, first person shooters and action (aka killing) games. Even the various playstations are a little more vagina friendly and that's not saying much but at least they have games like ni no kuni.

Your only real options without buying another system are Kameo and Viva Piñata on the Xbox 360. But if it were me, I'd buy a Wii for the house to play with her and a 3ds for her.

Is a 14 year old girl really interested in video games? If so times have changed quite a bit.

My younger girls like "just dance" and "the voice" and those types of games. They require the action sensor though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT