ADVERTISEMENT

Ybor City

runkpanole

Seminole Insider
Nov 17, 2002
The wife and I are heading to Tampa for a wedding this weekend and were thinking of checking out Ybor on Sunday before heading back to Tallahassee. What are good lunch/brunch locations in the area?

There is a cool cigar place that is also a bar / can't remember the name, but it is awesome. Dimly lit inside, but great windows so you can people watch.

Colombia is a must see. I do not care for Tampa Bay Brewing Company.

King Corona Cigar Bar

FujiF100fd-6-29-11+474.jpg

Agree Columbia is a must. Have the piaya, it is outstanding.

Agree Colombia is overrated. A few doors down are La Terra and Bernini. Nothing exciting in Ybor for food

Is that place still super sketch? Went there many many many years ago and the dude that drove us there carried a gun and a Billy club.

Originally posted by More Kirk Less Spock:
King Corona Cigar Bar

ec
Yep, there are actually quite a few decent cigar bars. We usually grab some hand rolled cigars from the various local shops, then grab a coffee or drinks and hang out at King Corona. Very chill vibe and usually plenty of seating.

I have lived in ybor for the past 4 years. Columbia is average at best. Great atmosphere but food has never been impressive. El puerto is really good and if u like Italian La Terrazza Restaurant is very good. Carne chop house has 2 dollar Martinis until 7. I strongly suggest getting the martinis

And no ybor is not sketch. It can get a little sketchy past like 11pm but so does most places. Been here for awhile and never has any issues

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT