ADVERTISEMENT

2018 LR Fitness & Weight Loss Thread

booker20

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
May 1, 2003
Little Egypt
Just a couple of months late!

Kid activities have completely taken over... iy's gotten very difficult to get to the gym, except for the few days that I am able to be up and go at 5:30. Because of this, my weight has gotten back up in the 225 range.

Looking to get back down to 205ish by summer!

Reactions: cmanole
I was wondering if y'all were just content with being fat this year. :D
Man, I had about a month/ 6 week stretch of rotating upper and lower, a true full body plan, but I just got consumed!

5k season starts in a little over a month, so it's imperative I get back at the cardio.

I've been going to the gym 5-6 days a week, doing a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio and 45 minutes or so on various Cybex machines. I also do 40 minute walks 3-4 times a week.
I've lost almost 20 lbs. Since Christmas 2016. Dropped two sizes. I'm also feeling more energetic.

I've been going to the gym 5-6 days a week, doing a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio and 45 minutes or so on various Cybex machines. I also do 40 minute walks 3-4 times a week.
I've lost almost 20 lbs. Since Christmas 2016. Dropped two sizes. I'm also feeling more energetic.
Better hope @Noles229 doesn't see this hellhnever leave you again.

I've been unable to lift or jog the last 6 weeks, and I've put on a good 10-12 poubpo. Of course, the NCAA Tournament means beer and wings every time UK plays, so that's not helping lol.

Was in IN recently, and picked up a couple cases of Yuengling... Definitely working against me vs. Bud Light!

I started the day after Thanksgiving when I stepped on a scale and it said 237. I felt terrible, couldn't sleep, could barely walk for hip pain and running out of breath, and decided enough was enough.

I still need to find more time for exercise, but a full time job, going back to school, and being a parent leaves little free time right now. With that said, I'm now 1 lb from breaking the 200 lb barrier in over 8 years. As of this morning, the scale said 201.3. I've lost over 36 lbs since Thanksgiving with no plan on stopping anytime soon. My goal is around 185.

I started the day after Thanksgiving when I stepped on a scale and it said 237. I felt terrible, couldn't sleep, could barely walk for hip pain and running out of breath, and decided enough was enough.

I still need to find more time for exercise, but a full time job, going back to school, and being a parent leaves little free time right now. With that said, I'm now 1 lb from breaking the 200 lb barrier in over 8 years. As of this morning, the scale said 201.3. I've lost over 36 lbs since Thanksgiving with no plan on stopping anytime soon. My goal is around 185.
That's outstanding! I think I'm naturally just bigger as an adult to get to 185... But I do have an eventual preferance of 185-190. I'm trying to train myself to get up at 5 to go to the gym... Hasn't worked out yet though lol.

Doc told me to take a break from lifting and jogging a couple months ago, and I feel like I've gotten back to close to 230... Feel and look horrible let I'm, so my journey begins again this week.

Want to rotate upper body/mile jog and lower body/core 5-6 days a week.

Here's to hoping, and that's awesome work kc!

That's outstanding! I think I'm naturally just bigger as an adult to get to 185... But I do have an eventual preferance of 185-190. I'm trying to train myself to get up at 5 to go to the gym... Hasn't worked out yet though lol.

Doc told me to take a break from lifting and jogging a couple months ago, and I feel like I've gotten back to close to 230... Feel and look horrible let I'm, so my journey begins again this week.

Want to rotate upper body/mile jog and lower body/core 5-6 days a week.

Here's to hoping, and that's awesome work kc!
I changed over to eating a more Low Carb (I think the trendy word today is Keto) diet. It's one I can stick to, and it works. Now if I can just find some time to start running again.

I changed over to eating a more Low Carb (I think the trendy word today is Keto) diet. It's one I can stick to, and it works. Now if I can just find some time to start running again.
Exactly what I was doing when I got down to a low if 208 a little under two yrs ago. Need to return to my eating of a sandwich and few chips, and salads too.

Back in the groove! I've finally discovered how to get my lazy ass up @ 5 to go to the gym to ensure I have time each say.

Got up to around 229 (total coincidence there @Noles229 ). Back to 224 after 2-3 weeks

WereW going to Siesta Key the last week of June, so I have to get that beach bod back!

The sauna after jogging really seems to keep my legs more fresh.

How is everyone else doing?

Reactions: Noles229
How to get past a plateau? I'm down 19 lbs. but despite doing a very good job on my diet (low carb, high protein and lots of veggies and fruit) I am stuck on a certain weight.
Exercise = gym 4-5 days a week with cardio and Cybex, plus a 40 minute walk 3x a week.

Maybe change up and do some yoga?

I won't ever be the 113 lb stick I was in college but I'd like to lose 10 more pounds.

Reactions: MagNoleA
How to get past a plateau? I'm down 19 lbs. but despite doing a very good job on my diet (low carb, high protein and lots of veggies and fruit) I am stuck on a certain weight.
Exercise = gym 4-5 days a week with cardio and Cybex, plus a 40 minute walk 3x a week.

I won't ever be the 113 lb stick I was in college but I'd like to lose 10 more pounds.

Gains, or losses in this case, slow down at a certain point. I'd say you'd probably want to intensify your lift and cardio and maybe fast a few days a week...

Last edited:
Beginning weight - Checked in 5'9 241 lbs. Started April 12th but more like the 16th.
Current weight as of this morning - Checked in at 230.1 lbs.
Goal Weight - 195 lbs.

I'm combining a keto lifestyle with Intermittent fasting. I can't believe I didn't start this sooner. In my opinion, once you become "fat adapted" it's not hard to stick to this lifestyle at all. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't have fasted till 12pm right out of the gate. Early on in the first week, I had bad headaches and my blood sugar was all over the place. I've always ate similar to this way but I had become completely addicted to sugar. I was eat things in between my meals that would just ruin it.

I started lightly working out over the past two weeks and have picked up the pace in the last couple of days. I think I've been 5 days this week.

If anyone needs a little help to get going, I'd be happy to assist. I plan on being 195 by the start of football season.

Reactions: cmanole and goldmom
Beginning weight - Checked in 5'9 241 lbs. Started April 12th but more like the 16th.
Current weight as of this morning - Checked in at 230.1 lbs.
Goal Weight - 195 lbs.

I'm combining a keto lifestyle with Intermittent fasting. I can't believe I didn't start this sooner. In my opinion, once you become "fat adapted" it's not hard to stick to this lifestyle at all. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't have fasted till 12pm right out of the gate. Early on in the first week, I had bad headaches and my blood sugar was all over the place. I've always ate similar to this way but I had become completely addicted to sugar. I was eat things in between my meals that would just ruin it.

I started lightly working out over the past two weeks and have picked up the pace in the last couple of days. I think I've been 5 days this week.

If anyone needs a little help to get going, I'd be happy to assist. I plan on being 195 by the start of football season.

I started this a week ago and feel exactly the same way. Was in full blown ketosis in 3 days and have gone from 265 to 255. I should really be in the 210 range so that's my goal...

I started this a week ago and feel exactly the same way. Was in full blown ketosis in 3 days and have gone from 265 to 255. I should really be in the 210 range so that's my goal...

Nice bud! The first 10 was not bad but I’ve been stuck at 230 for a week. I didn’t get this way overnight and I know I’m not going to lose it overnight, it’s frustrating none the less. I just listened to some you tube videos with Thomas Delauer. I think I’m going to cut the fasting back from 6 days down to 4-5 but go 20 hours instead of 16 on the days I fast. I can not believe how much better I feel by not eating. It’s contrary to everything I’ve ever been told about how I should eat. Inflammation, energy, etc.... just make sure if you fast your getting enough salt, sounds crazy to me but some water with sea salt will give you great energy if your feeling fatigued. Good luck!

Also I highly recommend “The Magic Pill” on Netflix. If you can spare 1.5 hours, well worth the time investment.

Update 227 lbs. I was stuck on 230 for awhile.

Unfortunately I'm still the same height. If anyone needs help, I'd be happy to assist.

Continuing to have a challenge in dropping pounds although I've lost 20 total over the last year and have dropped two sizes.
I won't ever be the stick with you-know-what's like I was in college, but I don't look fat. Will just settle for being as fit as I can I guess.

Continuing to have a challenge in dropping pounds although I've lost 20 total over the last year and have dropped two sizes.
I won't ever be the stick with you-know-what's like I was in college, but I don't look fat. Will just settle for being as fit as I can I guess.

Watch this vid on intermittent fasting. Apparently it works...

I'm starting a 5 day water only fast this Sunday. I'm hoping I can make it the whole way. I've never went more than 18 hours without eating.

I'm starting a 5 day water only fast this Sunday. I'm hoping I can make it the whole way. I've never went more than 18 hours without eating.

That sounds healthy. Maybe put a little gravy in that water.

With all due respect, that sounds miserable and unhealthy. What are you hoping to accomplish?

Reactions: goldmom
With all due respect, that sounds miserable and unhealthy. What are you hoping to accomplish?

Stem cell growth, HGH, autophagy, spiritual, improved digestion. Honestly, the benefits are too many to name. With all do respect, if your not "fat adapted" it would be.

4 days in and I feel great. One more to go.

Your not the first to tell me this. You should probably do a little research.
I've seen some initial research that suggests health benefits of intermittent fasting - limiting your caloric intake for a few nonconsecutive days per week - but nothing on completely eliminating caloric intake for multiple consecutive days. Can you point me in the right direction?

Orland,

It’s a crazy concept I know. Its counterintuitive from everything we’ve ever heard. I been told I’m starving myself, I’m gonna die, etc... I can tell you I’ve haven’t felt as good as I have today in a long time. People all over the world are doing it and seeing tremendous results. I don’t care what condition you have, fasting may help it and people should look in to it. One of the things I’ve learned on this journey is that sugar/glucose feeds cancer causing it to mutate and spread. There are some preliminary studies that say fasting can starve cancer causing the body to attack those cells first. I don’t think it cures it but if it stops it from spreading than why not incorporate it.

I played golf today and worked out yesterday but took it easy because I was a bit nervous. It was my first time doing it. My buddy is an ER Doc in Tampa just told me that people need to know this. He said he would send me research of studies that have been done.

My results are significantly lower blood pressure. I was very close to going on blood pressure medication. It might be the weight loss but I think it has more to do with the body not having to work so hard to break down food. I’ll see what my results are as I just broke my fast with bone broth and sauerkraut (yummy I know). I’ve also experienced reduced inflammation, and as of Tuesday I was still getting rid of crap in my intestines. I stopped eating Saturday night. I was a terrible sleeper, I’ve slept like a baby on this lifestyle. No longer foggy during the day, I used to feel like I had ADD.

Very good documentary

Last edited:
Wow! That sounds very impressive. Do you have any end of the summer goals? Is your energy and/or stamina sustained over a 24-48 hour period? That is one of my goals for sure.

I would suggest anything you can imagine to increase and sustain your heart rate for at least 30 minutes at a time. At least to start out. You can build from there. Many people look at it as going several rounds; even throughout an entire 24 hour period if necessary; to get into and retain the very much needed and desired rhythm. Its all about rhythm and timing in your workouts. Drink plenty of liquids. You don't want to dehydrate yourself in this grueling process. Good Luck! I'm sure you will do well.

I would suggest anything you can imagine to increase and sustain your heart rate for at least 30 minutes at a time. At least to start out. You can build from there. Many people look at it as going several rounds; even throughout an entire 24 hour period if necessary; to get into and retain the very much needed and desired rhythm. Its all about rhythm and timing in your workouts. Drink plenty of liquids. You don't want to dehydrate yourself in this grueling process. Good Luck! I'm sure you will do well.
:) Thanks - I appreciate the encouragement.

Orland,

It’s a crazy concept I know. Its counterintuitive from everything we’ve ever heard. I been told I’m starving myself, I’m gonna die, etc... I can tell you I’ve haven’t felt as good as I have today in a long time. People all over the world are doing it and seeing tremendous results. I don’t care what condition you have, fasting may help it and people should look in to it. One of the things I’ve learned on this journey is that sugar/glucose feeds cancer causing it to mutate and spread. There are some preliminary studies that say fasting can starve cancer causing the body to attack those cells first. I don’t think it cures it but if it stops it from spreading than why not incorporate it.

I played golf today and worked out yesterday but took it easy because I was a bit nervous. It was my first time doing it. My buddy is an ER Doc in Tampa just told me that people need to know this. He said he would send me research of studies that have been done.

My results are significantly lower blood pressure. I was very close to going on blood pressure medication. It might be the weight loss but I think it has more to do with the body not having to work so hard to break down food. I’ll see what my results are as I just broke my fast with bone broth and sauerkraut (yummy I know). I’ve also experienced reduced inflammation, and as of Tuesday I was still getting rid of crap in my intestines. I stopped eating Saturday night. I was a terrible sleeper, I’ve slept like a baby on this lifestyle. No longer foggy during the day, I used to feel like I had ADD.

Very good documentary

I recall seeing a segment on 60 minutes at least 20-25 maybe 30 years ago about body weight relative to disease in a study at Duke. The results indicated lower disease rates lower body weight. The concluding assumption was that when the body is lean, seeking but not expecting a meal, it is in a higher defensive state and therefore fewer diseases take hold. Pretty sure the disease was cancer? I'm looking for the segment or study, but no luck so far...

I'm sure the study is outdated and/or rebuked by now.

My wife and I started Crossfit back in May. Thanks to it being summer and our schedule, we have been eating like complete crap since, so our physical results don’t match how much better we feel.

We have our cruise coming up next week. After the cruise ends we are going to focus on our diet and have even talked about two-a-days at the gym. Football season is going to be a challenge. But as my old wrestling coach used to tell me, "you can't out exercise a poor diet". So we are looking forward to seeing a physical transformation over the next 6 moths.

Oh yeah...so my wife never played sports growing up (home schooled) and has never worked-out....EVER! Matter of fact, she smoked cigarettes from age 17 to 30 (35 today). I was very skeptical about her success and ability to pick up and embrace CrossFit.

Holy crap was I wrong!

(And for any women out there contemplating trying Crossfit because of the physical toll giving birth took on you body, don't; a good coach can prescribe other activities for you to do that will not make you feel as if your insides are going to fall out of your vagina).

While she still has a way to go with her strength, her technique progression has been impressive to say the least. She is already able to do most all of the complex olympic moves that are required in Crossfit. It’s been an incredibly impressive progression; and more importantly, she loves going to the gym and working out, and of course I do as well.

Soooo, one of the pitfalls of Crossfit is the cost, especially when there are two of you going. For both my wife and I, with childcare, it was costing us an astounding $450 a month, and that does not include the introductory class that was required for those new to Crossfit.

Since my wife knows the technique and has shown a real interest in working out, we have decided to make a serious investment in home gym equipment. If we utilize the equipment, it's no brainer decision. Just hoping we don't fall off and lose interest in working out.

We did do a sample month by working out at home. We bought a bar and 160 lbs of weights ($300). We did half our workouts from the house, and they turned out to be great workouts, and we actually ended up preferring to workout from the house over the gym....which we were pleasantly surprised about.

Gym equipment will be here when we get home from cruise, $3,000 worth of gym equipment.:eek:

I'll do my best to post our results in this thread. If it doesn't work out the way we like, I'll have some really nice gym equipment to sell for cheap! :)

Wish us luck, and we'll do the same for you cats!

Here's to living a healthy lifestyle!

and for real....imtotallynottribe....just DanC78 on too much coffee. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: cmanole and goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT