ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NBA Playoffs-

given2fly

Contributor
Feb 29, 2004
This is probably one of the more anticipated first rounds in recent memory (mine at least) where there are 2-3 plausible upsets and not many sweeps (outside of Houston and GS).

I thought Miami would be be competitive tonight, but they were off and Whiteside is just a disaster. Bucks vs. Cs tomorrow will be interesting... if Giannis goes off, I don't see who on Boston is going to score to keep up, but the Celtics have a massive coaching advantage.

Utah vs. OKC is probably the best first round matchup... should go 6-7. And the biggest mystery of the playoffs (if not the entire year) is what is going on with Kahwi? He wasn't even on the bench today. For the first time this year, I'm definitely leaning towards him being on a different team next year. GS got some luck on their side with a pretty easy draw before the the conference finals.

Reactions: dmm5157
Intriguing playoffs for sure. I hope we have some upsets throughout, but we shall see. Today's games should be good.

As for Kawhi, I have no idea what is going on. Spurs fans are turning on him quick, might be the first prime star we lose permanently, stars usually finish their careers here. Last year, I would have bet that'd be Lamarcus Aldridge leaving, but now I don't know.

I'm looking forward to Spurs getting out of the media coverage and having a quiet and restful off-season. I hope Manu comes back, he's still got a lot of juice left, if seems.

Heck of a first game today and then a statement by Pacers.

I didn't get to see the Pacers game, but damn that Celts Bucks game was wild. I'm traveling for work this week and was eating lunch in a sports bar here in St. Thomas and walked next door to check on meeting room and missed that game tying buzzer beater at end of regulation.

That should be a fun series

Intriguing playoffs for sure. I hope we have some upsets throughout, but we shall see. Today's games should be good.

As for Kawhi, I have no idea what is going on. Spurs fans are turning on him quick, might be the first prime star we lose permanently, stars usually finish their careers here. Last year, I would have bet that'd be Lamarcus Aldridge leaving, but now I don't know.

I'm looking forward to Spurs getting out of the media coverage and having a quiet and restful off-season. I hope Manu comes back, he's still got a lot of juice left, if seems.

Because of David Robinson -> Tim Duncan -> Ginobili -> Tony Parker I have always rooted for the Spurs as a secondary team. I was listening to the local radio meat heads and they were going on how everyone wants to play for Popovich except for Kawhi Leonard. What in Gods name does Leonard want?

It hurts to see them play the Warriors in the first round. I mean a painful hurt. Hopefully it works out for them this offseason.

In the end I'll be rooting for any team not named Golden State or Lebron.

Who thinks the Cavs, down 2-1 to the Pacers, lose the series?
giphy.gif

Last edited:
This Cleveland team is hilariously bad.

Just like 8 years ago, they will be in the running for the #1 pick once LeBron bolts town

if only the Cavs could forfeit third qtrs..
Despite a no show from Love, big Cavs win. Maybe that’ll wake up the supporting cast and will turn a corner now. I cant recall a team using more lineups in a postseason than watching Lue just throw anything at the wall with Lebron and hope it sticks.

Wizards and Bucks showing some fight.

Im
Hoping Jazz go up 3-1 tonight and send Westbrook into full panic mode

Anyone else surprised OKC May go down in round 1? The question is how fast does Westbrook want to leave (the thunder) if they are knocked out?

Anyone else surprised OKC May go down in round 1? The question is how fast does Westbrook want to leave (the thunder) if they are knocked out?
I'm really not. Their big 3 never jelled like on other teams. A lot of that is because Westbrook doesn't play well with others IMO. I would not want him on my team regardless his individual talent.

Reactions: NoleinATL
I'm really not. Their big 3 never jelled like on other teams. A lot of that is because Westbrook doesn't play well with others IMO. I would not want him on my team regardless his individual talent.

And he's not that good in NBA2K ;)

Reactions: DFSNOLE
So far a very entertaining playoffs...

one 4-0 series
three 2-2 series (including the 1 and 2 seeds in the east)
four 3-1 series

Who would you pick in your conference and NBA finals as of today? I've got:
East: Philly-Cle
West: GSW-Hou

Finals: Philly-GSW
Champ: GSW

All of which depend on Steph making it back healthy.

The Rockets slept walked through game three and first half of game four, then decided to show Minnesota that they can win at any time in the third quarter. If the Rockets could actually pay attention an entire series they would be very dangerous.

Right now I'd take Cleveland and Houston. Until I see someone beat Lebron 4 times I will bet against it. I think fiji is right. Houston seems disinterested in Minnesota when when they match up with GSW I think they will be engaged for the whole series and take them down, even with Steph.

Right now I'd take Cleveland and Houston. Until I see someone beat Lebron 4 times I will bet against it. I think fiji is right. Houston seems disinterested in Minnesota when when they match up with GSW I think they will be engaged for the whole series and take them down, even with Steph.

I like watching Minnesota. Entertaining young team.

So far a very entertaining playoffs...

one 4-0 series
three 2-2 series (including the 1 and 2 seeds in the east)
four 3-1 series

Who would you pick in your conference and NBA finals as of today? I've got:
East: Philly-Cle
West: GSW-Hou

Finals: Philly-GSW
Champ: GSW

All of which depend on Steph making it back healthy.

Interesting take on Philly

Melo shooting 26% from floor. He is easily the most overrated player in today's game. Howl when announcers say he's a HOF'er.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
Melo shooting 26% from floor. He is easily the most overrated player in today's game. Howl when announcers say he's a HOF'er.

Some pretty damning metrics on Carmelo out today, cant find the link.
Short version, his value over replacement player was something like 537/540 players this season.
And when you hear Me-lo talk, that ego is incredible. He thinks hes an all time great at this moment

To be fair to Carmelo(15-52 in playoffs is amomg worst ever), many all stars have gotten passes these playoffs so far:

Butler looks horrible on defense like Wiggins always does, and Towns has been awful and timid vs a smaller team, kevin Love taking April off, westbrooks bizarre play and how about Damian Lillards continued Post seasom nightmare?

Would been nice to see what Kawhi could’ve brought to Spurs but we’ll never know.

Everyone indeed betting on Warriors over Sixers.
If Cavs nightmare shooters doesn’t improve then that makes sense.(dead last in most playoff rankings offensively)If Cavs guys go back to hitting their normal regular season averages on open shots then maybe they can get hot and make it interesting in East.

GSW v HOU is the real finals, imo.

I picked GSW, also biased as a fan, but can easily see things going the other way.

This has been an interesting playoff so far. I think everyone going in has either HOU or GS as the champs. The Jazz and Pelicans are playing good ball so those should be good semifinals to watch.

The east is up in the air. The top 4 seeds were a toss up to me to make it to the finals. Like most, I had the 76ers as a sleeper. Its hard to pick a team because they all have been so up and down so far. Although, I'm not sure any of them can beat HOU or GS unless those teams beat each other up going 7 games before the finals.

HOU is playing really good when they want to and GS will be a tough if Curry comes back in good form. I'm going to have to pick GS because I cant rout for Chris Paul. I still haven't forgiven him for punching Al Thornton in the giblets.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
Especially when you consider they had three MVP-caliber players on the roster at one point and zero championships to show for it.

True but Harden was a 6th man when he was with OKC. Durant knew he wasn't winning anything with Westbrook so he got out as soon as he could.
Exactly. Harden is Sixth Man of the Year in 2012 with OKC. The next year he joins Houston and becomes All-NBA his first season. Why do you think that is?

You had three guys who all need the ball in-their hands to be effective. Can’t work with one ball.

Should have traded Westbrook in retrospect. Harden and Durant could have existed.

You had three guys who all need the ball in-their hands to be effective. Can’t work with one ball.

Should have traded Westbrook in retrospect. Harden and Durant could have existed.

I think more to it than that, it works in GS with Durant, Curry and Thompson. People myself included said same thing about Paul to Houston wouldn't work with Harden, fairly wrong on that one.

cavs awful supporting cast 17/51!
and LeBron makes two insane plays to win it, blocks a PG and hits an amazing 3 over great D. Stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT