2021-22 Women's Basketball

squiffynole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
SEMINOLES HOST OPEN PRACTICE TODAY!
Come on out to the Tucker Center today, Tuesday, October 26 as FSU Women's Basketball hosts an open practice. Box office doors will open starting at 5pm. Parking in the Tucker Center lot is free. Come watch the team practice, meet the new players and hear about all the excitement this season. We hope to see you there!

Reactions: semispear

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
Anyone at the exhibition tonight?

Noles only up 7 at the half against UWF is a little concerning. Following the stats and looks like coach is experimenting with different lineups. Hopefully they pick it up in the 2nd half.

Reactions: squiffynole

squiffynole

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
Anyone at the exhibition tonight?

Noles only up 7 at the half against UWF is a little concerning. Following the stats and looks like coach is experimenting with different lineups. Hopefully they pick it up in the 2nd half.
UWF came out in a zone and took a 7 - 0 lead, it appeared the Noles were anxious early on and not moving the ball effectively but then they had their own spurt to take the lead until finally pulling away big in the second half (as they should given a huge height advantage). The 18 turnovers was a major problem area, some of it was sloppy some was telegraphing passes.

I found it interesting how Coach Semrau used Baldwin and Myers in the game together for a few stretches - experimenting like you said semispear.

The team has many familiar faces - River Baldwin hustled and played well, Valencia Myers dominated inside, Sammy Puises hit long range shots and rebounded. I saw less out of Morgan Jones, Kourtney Weber and Bianca Jackson although Jackson did contribute some good assists.

The three newcomers who played were impressive. Makayla Timpson has good height and showed a variety of quick moves to the hoop. Marianna Valenzuela is tall like Timpson but stronger and very active doing the unheralded things away from the ball. I see a lot of potential in O'Mariah Gordon, she is very quick, dribbles close to the ground and seems to have classic point guard vision. I'm pretty charged up about the three of them.

I liked what I saw from Craig Carter the newest assistant coach, he was very engaged and shouting out direction during plays. One time he started yelling "Plan B" which I got a kick out of.

But it was just an exhibition shake-down game I guess time will tell.

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
UWF came out in a zone and took a 7 - 0 lead, it appeared the Noles were anxious early on and not moving the ball effectively but then they had their own spurt to take the lead until finally pulling away big in the second half (as they should given a huge height advantage). The 18 turnovers was a major problem area, some of it was sloppy some was telegraphing passes.

I found it interesting how Coach Semrau used Baldwin and Myers in the game together for a few stretches - experimenting like you said semispear.

The team has many familiar faces - River Baldwin hustled and played well, Valencia Myers dominated inside, Sammy Puises hit long range shots and rebounded. I saw less out of Morgan Jones, Kourtney Weber and Bianca Jackson although Jackson did contribute some good assists.

The three newcomers who played were impressive. Makayla Timpson has good height and showed a variety of quick moves to the hoop. Marianna Valenzuela is tall like Timpson but stronger and very active doing the unheralded things away from the ball. I see a lot of potential in O'Mariah Gordon, she is very quick, dribbles close to the ground and seems to have classic point guard vision. I'm pretty charged up about the three of them.

I liked what I saw from Craig Carter the newest assistant coach, he was very engaged and shouting out direction during plays. One time he started yelling "Plan B" which I got a kick out of.

But it was just an exhibition shake-down game I guess time will tell.
Thanks for the report!

The team was missing Erin Howard who had a minor injury last week and Tiana England (not sure her status).

With 14 players (9 guards), it’s going to be tough for many players to see the floor. I would have thought Gordon would have gotten more minutes but I know she recently had surgery so she working her way back.

Interested in seeing how the coaches handle lineups/minutes going forward. We have a rather weak non-conference schedule so they have time to figure it out before conference play.

Noles61

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Timpson's half time stats.. 4/5 shooting for 8 pts, 1 REB and 1 block

Meyer's a nice game too: 3/6 6pts 6 REBs 1 AST

Weber with 4 AST and 5 pts

squiffynole

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
Richard McCullough - man of the people!

CvKv8fg.jpg

squiffynole

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
Well hey to 253. Wish I were there too.

Finally got the lead. Maybe the result of some half time adjustments.
I hate to say it but the Noles do not look at all like a top twenty team. It's hard to understand how they started off so slow - it was awful - but then the ball movement improved with Sara Bejedi and O'Mariah at point guard until finally Morgan Jones ignited the offense and it turned into an easy win. Makayla Timpson played great, no Kourtney Weber tonight. Onward!

hatsbo

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Obviously we have access to the lady's bios this season, but can anyone give us a quick 2 player depth chart at each position?

Noles61

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Wow, can't watch the women play tonight nor Sunday, because the games are on Flosports, some streaming service.

Was going to be home in time to catch it too. Guess I'll just have to enjoy left overs watching something else.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

GO NOLES!!!!

squiffynole

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
Oh man, the Noles must have been going for a record tonight - 25 turnovers!

To me Bianca Jackson would be much more effective as shooting guard, not that I could watch but she did not play tonight leaving point guard to Bejedi and Gordon. I see good potential in Gordon this team needs her to develop pronto.

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
I watched the game. First I hope Gordon’s is ok but it did not look good as she was down for awhile and needed assistance off the court. Don’t think she ever returned to the bench. Bianca Jackson is still in a walking boot. Her

I think Semrau is trying to do her best Hamilton impression to get everyone minutes but it’s not really working. The players never really seemed to find their rhythm because of the constant subbing.
We looked like we’ve never seen a zone before. It was hard to watch most times. Both Myers and Baldwin probably shouldn’t start together. They both struggled as BYU was doubling every time in the paint and usually resulted in a turnover.

This was Sammies best game of the season as she hit 4 threes. Not sure what is up with Weber but she hasn’t been herself this season.

Not going to win many games with 25 turnovers. Something we struggled with all season even though we have had a very light schedule.

Crazyhorse20

Seminole Insider
May 13, 2018
Our programs ebbs and flows is beyond frustrating. Final four or bust. Look at our soccer program, we can do it, not sure if we can with the current coaches.

Reactions: semispear

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
Offense is basically one player trying to go one on one which leads to a turnover or bad shot.
Defense can’t guard anyone.

Down 11 at the end of the first quarter.

Crazyhorse20

Seminole Insider
May 13, 2018
Coach should retire and take Brooke with her, awful display for a team oozing talent.