2021-22 Women's Basketball

Crazyhorse20

Seminole Insider
May 13, 2018
The ESPN article regarding the McDs AA game mentioned a number of players, and their college destination, except when talking about Latson.

Noles61

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
The ESPN article regarding the McDs AA game mentioned a number of players, and their college destination, except when talking about Latson.

Can you post that link? I'd like to read article, cant find it on espn. TIA

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
Puisis has entered the portal 😳

At this rate coach is gonna have to field an entire team from the portal. That’s already 5 players now with more likely to come.

Lanoles

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2001
Makes one wonder when three possible returning starters and play for Brooke as HC for a year and then this past year, now don't want to play for Brooke. Things that make you go HMMMMMMM

• Sad
Reactions: Noles61

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
Makes one wonder when three possible returning starters and play for Brooke as HC for a year and then this past year, now don't want to play for Brooke. Things that make you go HMMMMMMM
Puisis is really the only one that makes me go HMM because I know she committed here primarily because of her relationship with Brooke and she has been a starter the last two seasons.

The other transfers were pretty much expected/anticipated.

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
Two transfers from Oregon are currently in Tally. Maddie Scherr and Kylee Watson. Both were McDAAs out of high school ranked in the top 20 of the 2020 class.

Watson is a 6-3 F - ranked #17
Scherr is a pg/sg - ranked #19

Would be solid pickups if Wyckoff could land them both. Considering we only have about 6/7 players on the team now.

Last edited:
Reactions: squiffynole

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
Is it too gloomy to think we heading for a team that might not win 10 games next season?
I don’t think it will be that bad. Brooke will need to bring in at least 3-4 transfers tho. Long as she keeps Timpson, Gordon, Latson on board we will be ok. If any of those decide to move on, then I will lose any faith I have left lol

If you look at the transfers that have been announced in the last two weeks. Many top programs have been affected more than us and you can expect many teams to have basically brand new rosters next season. Seems like this may be the new normal with the portal now.

squiffynole

Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
New UCF women’s basketball coach Sytia Messer signed a 5-year contract that includes a base salary of $625,000 and an annual increase of $25,000, a UCF Athletics spokesperson told the Orlando Sentinel.

Messer’s base salary ranks tied for No. 35 in the country amongst women’s basketball head coach salaries according to a
USA TODAY database.

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
From pics posted on social media at todays practice, looks like the team as of right now is:

Gordon / Bejedi
Latson (recruit) /
-
Howard / Valenzuela
Myers / Timpson

Last week Brooke stated that they expect to bring in multiple transfers. I’m honestly shocked that Myers didn’t enter the portal. I still think Timpson should be the focal point of the offense next season but we will see how that works with Myers staying.

There are many high profile transfers in the portal right now. Looking forward to see who Brooke can reel in. Team needs some outside shooting and scoring from the wing spots.

squiffynole

Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
Resume looks good for a gator -

Welcome_Bill_Ferrara-768x960.jpg

Reactions: semispear

seminoleed

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
Dacula, GA
I don't want anyone or anything associated with the Gates near any of our programs. I'd rather dwell in mediocrity than succeed with them at the helm.

Tom81

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Some were saying we needed to hire Brooke to keep the team together.
Well, that was a fail!
I hope she succeeds. I'll gladly eat crow.
That said, this was a money-saving hire by Alford.

ranger43

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Those of us that follow WBB at FSU have known that something was up some time. Too much talent had been shown over the years by this same group. For the talent not to show on the court, something was wrong. Perhaps Brook said it best when she stated that this was going to be about the team and not individual efforts or agendas (paraphrased). I am shocked that Val is still with the team but maybe I misread her actions and attitude on the court. I am guessing Brook is starting with a clean slate with a young nucleus that she recruited with the ability to recruit heavily from the portal. Hopefully our new assistant has good recruiting connections.

Lanoles

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2001
Hate to say it but it appeared Val was an issue, even was benched with no explanation, could not control her emotions on the court. Truly surprised she did not or has not yet entered the portal. She still can

Will give Brooke a chance and support team, but the rope should be short.

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
Kourtney Weber has signed with Mississippi St for her final year of eligibility

Think we will likely see Jones land at Louisville soon.

seminoleed

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
Dacula, GA
I think Mickey Andrews and Gene Deckerhaugh didn't turn out too bad

Mickey was a Bama alum and only coached at Florida briefly. Deckerhoff was a Gate through and through despite his phony removal of his class ring when he got hired. Never trusted him and didn't think he was any kind of all world announcer anyway.

Tom81

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
This is the era of Michael Alford de-emphasizing non-revenue sports. Brooke was a money-saving hire.
He was backed into a corner in trying to re-sign Mark, but he knew that wasn't going to happen. He had poisoned that fruit.
Maybe Brooke will prove me wrong, but nothing I saw during her one year leading the team gave me any positivity!

squiffynole

Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
We will see if Brooke can transition from a good natured big sister to an intense leader with a comprehensive vision, high expectations and the will to lift the program.

Reactions: semispear

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
Morgan Jones has landed at Louisville for her final year of eligibility. The game against Louisville will definitely be interesting next season.

Ok Brooke, we need to hear about some incoming transfers now. We only have 6 players plus one incoming recruit…

Lanoles

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2001
If Brooke doesn't get good transfer portal players it will be a young experienced team. Has a nucleus but with all the lost players there won't be depth needed to go 8 deep.

Lanoles

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2001
Jackson - senior gone
Baldwin - Transfer portal
Puisis - Transfer portal
Brown - Redshirt JR - has had injuries
Bejedi - Junior
Valenzuela Freshman - not much experience
Weber - senior -transfer portal
Gordon - freshman - starter at season end
Howard - Red JR - has had injuries
Timpson - freshman - some experience but young
England - RD Senior - gone
Jones - transferred to Louisville
Meyers - Senior could return
Nicoleti - Red JR not much experience

Who are next years staters???

semispear

Seminole Insider
Jul 24, 2013
Jackson - senior gone
Baldwin - Transfer portal
Puisis - Transfer portal
Brown - Redshirt JR - has had injuries
Bejedi - Junior
Valenzuela Freshman - not much experience
Weber - senior -transfer portal
Gordon - freshman - starter at season end
Howard - Red JR - has had injuries
Timpson - freshman - some experience but young
England - RD Senior - gone
Jones - transferred to Louisville
Meyers - Senior could return
Nicoleti - Red JR not much experience

Who are next years staters???
Brown and Nicoletti are also in the Portal.

Roster as of now:

Gordon /
Bejedi /
Latson /
Howard / Valenzuela
Myers/ Timpson

Definitely need a couple of wings/ Perimeter players. Another big wouldn’t hurt either.

Latest posts