ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Footie Thread

Hope you're right; I like the guy, and it appears Auba may have been a locker room cancer, a la Ozil. Lots of young players if they can all learn how to play together.

I don't see Arteta going anywhere.

To me the bigger question is, will he have a roster to actually manage? Arsenal seems to be sending everyone away these days.

Guess @warriortim is no longer on here. Was going to repeat what I said about Kai Havertz now after scoring the winning goal at the FIFA world club championship as I did after his Champions League deciding tally last May: Worth every penny!

Guess @warriortim is no longer on here. Was going to repeat what I said about Kai Havertz now after scoring the winning goal at the FIFA world club championship as I did after his Champions League deciding tally last May: Worth every penny!

Warrior Tim and Manch. both are AWOL. Wish they were back, they were good eggs who understand footie.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Disappointing loss for Chelsea to Pewl in the Carabao Cup final today. Tuchel repeated his strategy of replacing Mendy with Kepa prior to PKs (one that had been successful during the Super Cup several months ago). Incredibly, the PKs we're at 11-10 in favor of the Reds when Kepa had to take a turn and missed badly.

Mendy had heroically held a powerful Liverpool side scoreless for 120 minutes! 🙁

Disappointing loss for Chelsea to Pewl in the Carabao Cup final today. Tuchel repeated his strategy of replacing Mendy with Kepa prior to PKs (one that had been successful during the Super Cup several months ago). Incredibly, the PKs we're at 11-10 in favor of the Reds when Kepa had to take a turn and missed badly.

Mendy had heroically held a powerful Liverpool side scoreless for 120 minutes! 🙁
It was odd. But what is even more amazing to me is that until Kepa, no one just flat out missed a penalty. Nerves of steel to take those, especially in a cup final.

Wonderful--2 straight massive wins for The Arsenal over Spurs and ManU. Hopefully, those wasted games in hand against the minnows that they lost won't come back to bite them on the arse.

Reactions: nole31906
Damn you, Pulisic. Looked like The Arsenal was going to have a very outside shot at 3rd, and along comes Christian off the bench. Sigh. Mixed emotions here.

Damn you, Pulisic. Looked like The Arsenal was going to have a very outside shot at 3rd, and along comes Christian off the bench. Sigh. Mixed emotions here.
You'll be fine finishing fourth. 😉

I'm just hoping and praying that the Blues' new owners are willing to spend like drunken congressmen.

You'll get it at this point. Chelsea can no longer score. 😕

Well, it was close, but a vital win over the Hammers today. With Chelsea bleeding, it offers hope for a shot at 3rd, but I'd settle for 4th ahead of the Spuds. It's been a long time since St. Totteringham's Day. 4 games left, and the race is on! Sadly, The Arsenal's weak goal differential may end of being the final determinant.

Well, it was close, but a vital win over the Hammers today. With Chelsea bleeding, it offers hope for a shot at 3rd, but I'd settle for 4th ahead of the Spuds. It's been a long time since St. Totteringham's Day. 4 games left, and the race is on! Sadly, The Arsenal's weak goal differential may end of being the final determinant.
STD's always a good thing when it happens. ☺️

Reactions: seminoleed
I just got in from the store in time to see the stoppage time. I am in shock.

Wonder if their new owner is having early buyer's remorse?

I just got in from the store in time to see the stoppage time. I am in shock.

Wonder if their new owner is having early buyer's remorse?
Hopefully it'll motivate him to open his wallet to get some better fullbacks.

I don't think I've ever seen ManU play this horribly; seems it's really gone all wrong for them, but credit to BHA for their play and the sheer rapture their supporters are in at home right now.

Time for me to head off to the Benz and pray that AUFC comes our of their doldrums tonight.

Got my wish last night, at the cost of losing one of our best players for the season. And smh at The Arsenal--jump to a quick 2 goal lead, have Leeds go a man down before the 30 minute mark, and struggle to hold on to win 2-1. Now it comes down to the North London derby Thursday. If the Gunners can win they clinch Champions League play for next year, and more importantly, Gooners around the world can celebrate St. Totteringham's Day!

Got my wish last night, at the cost of losing one of our best players for the season. And smh at The Arsenal--jump to a quick 2 goal lead, have Leeds go a man down before the 30 minute mark, and struggle to hold on to win 2-1. Now it comes down to the North London derby Thursday. If the Gunners can win they clinch Champions League play for next year, and more importantly, Gooners around the world can celebrate St. Totteringham's Day!
...And Chelsea has play at Leeds (who'll be playing their butts off to avoid relegation like Everton last week) Wednesday. I've already pretty much given up hope of holding on to 3rd and am just focusing on holding off Hotpants at this point to return to CL play next year.

Sigh, looks like it's all over. Capitulating to Spuds last week certainly hurt, but today was crushing. All The Arsenal had to do was win out with 2 games against minnows. Now, I don't for the life of me think Hotpants will lose this weekend, so it's the Europa League for the Gunners--better than past years, but now what I was hoping for.

Congrats to you Tottenham supporters--Arsenal gave you the opening, and you took it forcefully.

• Sad
What's sad is that fifth place may be as well as Arsenal can even hope to finish for many years to come.

For those of you who survived the transition, I have renewed the EPL fantasy league. Anyone is welcome to join. No prize, just pride. The code is f2j24j.

Well, at least for one day, The Arsenal can say they're top of the table. Excellent performance against Palace today.

And give CP credit, they played much tougher in the 2nd half; I think Viera may make something out of them before the season's over.

And now 2 weeks later, The Arsenal is STILL unbeaten and on top. Arteta appears to be getting
the team on the same page. Yeah, it's early, but I"m also an Atlanta United supporter, so I gotta find something
good in the world of footie.

Meanwhile Chelsea's looking like they want to try out the Championship next season. 🤮

Chelsea will be fine. They just need a proper striker. And for Mason Mount to do something.

ADVERTISEMENT