Status
Not open for further replies.

c691027

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jul 13, 2002
Ashburn, GA
www.riserair.com
Part of this is the recruiting change. Delbrey was recruited under the old rules i.e. offering scholarships to 13 year olds (as was the three we just signed-- I think). Next year will be the test . The new rules will be in play for several years and we will need to compete for the 17 -18 year old players (much more difficult as they have shown prior performance). The good news is we have a good track record and should be able to compete for one of the top 10 or so every year. Pitchers can now see who will be coming back from top programs and seek playing time elsewhere (we are in bad need next year to get some shutdown arms) I say again (and I know I harp on it ) Pitching recruits next year will tell the future of the program. There are some great arms in this state (we have one here in my town who might be the best we ever had --and we have won the state many times and finished in the top 2 many more and have had many D-1 Pitchers --some have gone to UF. -- I am hopeful we are recruiting her as she has major location and velocity-she is what we need to be bringing in every year) JMHO
Sponsor her to a camp!!

townole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2002
Sponsor her to a camp!!
If they don't know about her then I would be just flabbergasted. Has been on National watch lists since she was 12 and is the premier returning player on a state championship caliber program. AND she has MAJOR velocity and location. Almost unhittable. Her pitching coach is the father of a former player (4 time State Championship pitcher) who went to UF on a pitching scholarship (she got injured in her first year and never played again). I would live at her house if I was them (within the recruiting rules - of course :) )

c691027

Gold Member
Jul 13, 2002
Ashburn, GA
www.riserair.com
If they don't know about her then I would be just flabbergasted. Has been on National watch lists since she was 12 and is the premier returning player on a state championship caliber program. AND she has MAJOR velocity and location. Almost unhittable. Her pitching coach is the father of a former player (4 time State Championship pitcher) who went to UF on a pitching scholarship (she got injured in her first year and never played again). I would live at her house if I was them (within the recruiting rules - of course :) )
Not about knowing of her.....getting to know her at the camp. CoachA likes fits and if she goes then they can possibly see the fit and skills!!

townole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2002
Not about knowing of her.....getting to know her at the camp. CoachA likes fits and if she goes then they can possibly see the fit and skills!!
This is funny. A player like this is not about fit -- you find a way to get this type on your team you worry about fit after the player has made your team incrementally better. I promise I could make her happy if she was my priority recruit. JUST saying. I coached a long time and you just have to find a way with these once in a great while types. (Also you have to be aware of recruiting rules--In my case they would be problematic) JMHO

c691027

Gold Member
Jul 13, 2002
Ashburn, GA
www.riserair.com
This is funny. A player like this is not about fit -- you find a way to get this type on your team you worry about fit after the player has made your team incrementally better. I promise I could make her happy if she was my priority recruit. JUST saying. I coached a long time and you just have to find a way with these once in a great while types. (Also you have to be aware of recruiting rules--In my case they would be problematic) JMHO
I am around recruiting enough to know what is allowed and not. I take kids to camps all over. As long as she is registered as herself it is permissible. CoachA is just a big relationship coach. She'd rather have a kid that fits what she's looking for than a Stud that doesn't fit their style. This is where camps are so important to FSU. Coach TWill coordinates all visits designed to know the player. Was true of Jessie Warren when she was introduced to them by Coach Sherman. He was baseball alumni and Coach's Club member so speaks to rules. I take kids to FSU, Auburn, Troy, Ga Southern, UGA, and all over. The parents register the kid and I call to make the payment. The parents give food and lodging expenses, I cover transport and local camp fees. I know I'm straight because Compliance talked to me about the rules when I brought Tomorron and the other Turner County athletes here. I also sponsored team 7on7 tourneys and individual camps.

squiffynole

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
I am around recruiting enough to know what is allowed and not. I take kids to camps all over. As long as she is registered as herself it is permissible. CoachA is just a big relationship coach. She'd rather have a kid that fits what she's looking for than a Stud that doesn't fit their style. This is where camps are so important to FSU. Coach TWill coordinates all visits designed to know the player. Was true of Jessie Warren when she was introduced to them by Coach Sherman. He was baseball alumni and Coach's Club member so speaks to rules. I take kids to FSU, Auburn, Troy, Ga Southern, UGA, and all over. The parents register the kid and I call to make the payment. The parents give food and lodging expenses, I cover transport and local camp fees. I know I'm straight because Compliance talked to me about the rules when I brought Tomorron and the other Turner County athletes here. I also sponsored team 7on7 tourneys and individual camps.
That's awesome!

townole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2002
Unfortunately
In this situation I am already in a pickle on this matter. I will do what is permissible but — can not say more.

Reactions: c691027

Nolefan82

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2001
Just saw where Madi Balk-a pitcher formerly committed to Penn St-just flipped to us. Any intel on her?

Reactions: squiffynole

townole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2002
Just saw where Madi Balk-a pitcher formerly committed to Penn St-just flipped to us. Any intel on her?
Apparently throws in the 60's and has good curve and rise. Has been productive for her school and travel team. Looks like a project (but with talent).

Tom81

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
No disrespect to Maddie, but "projects" are all Coacha has been getting the last 3 years!
Oft repeated but still true, "We should get a top 10 pitcher every year."
At least 2 top rated (top 10) pitchers in a 3 year period.
It's been ?4 years since Sandercock and Herzog. What gives Coacha?

Tom81

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
She needs to retire. She had no idea what she is doing.
She doesn't need to retire, but maybe she needs a hire that is a top notch recruiter.
It is flabbergasting that she hasn't recruited pitchers better the last 3 years.

Reactions: FletchCC

sammic

Star Player
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2010
I was being a little sarcastic with my post. Seems like there is a lot of complaining about softball but I think she is doing a great job.

squiffynole

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
Personally I'm in awe of the consistently high level of success under Coach Alameda and how players grow under her smart and steady leadership. There are some problem areas right now - pitching, hitting and base running all have their challenges - but I'm confident Lonni will find the way forward to where the team is in the running for a world series berth once again.

townole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2002
Personally I'm in awe of the consistently high level of success under Coach Alameda and how players grow under her smart and steady leadership. There are some problem areas right now - pitching, hitting and base running all have their challenges - but I'm confident Lonni will find the way forward to where the team is in the running for a world series berth once again.
Ditto
But some top 10 pitchers would help

squiffynole

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
All fixed seating will be reserved for the upcoming season, it's $200 for 30 home games which is not bad although it was free not that long ago. I imagine soccer and volleyball will be next.

Cheapskate that I am I cut a seasonal pass for football out of my sports budget a few years ago, baseball will be next.

c691027

Gold Member
Jul 13, 2002
Ashburn, GA
www.riserair.com
All fixed seating will be reserved for the upcoming season, it's $200 for 30 home games which is not bad although it was free not that long ago. I imagine soccer and volleyball will be next.

Cheapskate that I am I cut a seasonal pass for football out of my sports budget a few years ago, baseball will be next.
At least you get performance and maximum effort at the Plex. The enjoyment is way higher too!!

Noles61

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
looks like we picked up another pitcher. Anyone know anything about her?

Last edited:
Reactions: NoleLizards

ranger43

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
So she arrives in the Fall of 2022?

Also, still trying to check on the status of a new softball scoreboard - anyone know?

ParooKid

Gold Member
May 11, 2002
What's happening in the wonderful world of women's softball?

townole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2002
looks like we picked up another pitcher. Anyone know anything about her?

Same one noted above (see above post on her)
"Apparently throws in the 60's and has good curve and rise. Has been productive for her school and travel team. Looks like a project (but with talent)."

townole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2002
So she arrives in the Fall of 2022?

Also, still trying to check on the status of a new softball scoreboard - anyone know?
I previously saw where they had enough pledges to cover the cost. Not sure on the when ??

Reactions: ranger43

Noles61

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Same one noted above (see above post on her)
"Apparently throws in the 60's and has good curve and rise. Has been productive for her school and travel team. Looks like a project (but with talent)."

Thank you. I completely missed previous posts and I guess FSU softball very behind on twitter. :(

FLSnole

Starter
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2020
Does anyone know why they shut down the coaches and coffee podcast? I never saw anything about why it stopped.

Reactions: ParooKid

ranger43

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Does anyone know why they shut down the coaches and coffee podcast? I never saw anything about why it stopped.
It coincided at the time with Covid budget cuts. I understand the moderator’s position was cut at the time - although I believe he came back and announced some games. I hope he is back and things are returning to normal. (But I guess we still are a ways off from a scoreboard)?

townole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2002
It coincided at the time with Covid budget cuts. I understand the moderator’s position was cut at the time - although I believe he came back and announced some games. I hope he is back and things are returning to normal. (But I guess we still are a ways off from a scoreboard)?
I have seen on several posts on the TC that the softball scoreboard is now fully endowed- So it’s just a matter of getting it done.

ranger43

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
I have seen on several posts on the TC that the softball scoreboard is now fully endowed- So it’s just a matter of getting it done.
So, how long will it take for the new AD to install the fully endowed scoreboard? Softball season is around the corner.

FLSnole

Starter
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2020
Yeah, they came back and did at least one more, but then it dried up again. Thanks

ranger43

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Yeah, they came back and did at least one more, but then it dried up again. Thanks
FWIW I was told tonight by a trusted source in the Boosters that 100% of the money is there for the installation of the scoreboard. It has a completion deadline of 12/31/2022. It is on the desk of the new AD along with many other items. All he has to do is approve it. However, with the season upon us, I don't see it happening this season. Our new AD (first to make 1 million) could start off his new position impressively if he quickly started moving on some of these items that are fully funded and just need his approval.

Reactions: FLSnole

ranger43

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Dying for some softball news. However, in reading about the effect of Covid on the baseball team currently, I am concerned. Anyone hearing anything?

benzynole

Star Player
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2003
No Covid news, but Seminoles.com has released the 2022 signing class. Looks like two good pitchers. Would love to hear from someone with more softball knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.