ADVERTISEMENT

30-year old freeloading son court-ordered to vacate his parents' home

LesClaypool

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jan 12, 2004
Tallahassee
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/30-old-or...-harassed-093004235--abc-news-topstories.html

This whole thing reads like an SNL sketch or an Onion article, but (I think) it’s actually legit.

=========================

“I'm not bothering them by living here," Michael Rotondo said in an interview with ABC News' "Good Morning America." "It's little to no cost to them, and considering how much they've harassed me, I think it's the least that they should be required to do, which is just let me hang here a bit longer and use their hot water and electricity."

Mark and Christina Rotondo said they gave their son multiple notices to vacate and even offered him money to help him find a place of his own.

Michael Rotondo admitted that he accepted the money, but used it for "other things."

"I took it but with consideration for my plans, and how my finances interacted with those plans, I did use the money for other things, but I don’t regret that," he said. "I would have preferred to have kept the money and given it back to them ... but I had to use it, and that's just how it is."

============================

It is legit. They interviewed him on GMA and showed footage from the court hearing. Parents said they just want him to get a job. He lost but judge hasn't decided how long he has to move yet.

So many amazing things about this story. I'm guessing a guy like this doesn't have a bunch of friends that he could call up and ask to be roomies. Though apparently, he did father a child with someone. She's probably a winner too. Poor kid.

This story is really making the rounds. I haven't read enough to pick a side but I sure hope I don't have my kids living with me when they are 30.

So, what I read is that this freeloader is:
- 30 years old
- has no job
- doesn't pay rent
- doesn't talk to his parents even though he lives there for FREE
- took money they gave him to go find a place to live and spent it on something else (I would love to know what he spent it on)

If all that is true, I have definitely been able to pick a side.

My brother in law is 32/33 still lives at home and hasn’t worked a real job in 4/5 years. Well technically he did work briefly on two occsssion for another brother in law but he was fired both times.

He doesn’t pay any bill including car, insurance, and cell phone. His mom washes his clothes, cooks his dinner, and even brings coffee up to his room in the morning.

My brother in law is 32/33 still lives at home and hasn’t worked a real job in 4/5 years. Well technically he did work briefly on two occsssion for another brother in law but he was fired both times.

He doesn’t pay any bill including car, insurance, and cell phone. His mom washes his clothes, cooks his dinner, and even brings coffee up to his room in the morning.
Ma!!! THE MEATLOAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im beginning to not hate millenials as much as much as their baby boomer/gen x parents. Theyre the ones who want to outlaw playing tag, not keep score in sports, and hand out participation trophies. No wonder these kids feel entitled.

This is not a person I feel like I'd get along with well.

I got along really well with my parents, but after college I wasn't looking to hang around their house any longer than I needed to. I think it took about 3 months after graduation for me to be out. God willing, knocking on wood, fingers crossed, I won't ever need to be back. If anything, at some point my mom may need a place to come stay.

This is not a person I feel like I'd get along with well.

I got along really well with my parents, but after college I wasn't looking to hang around their house any longer than I needed to. I think it took about 3 months after graduation for me to be out. God willing, knocking on wood, fingers crossed, I won't ever need to be back. If anything, at some point my mom may need a place to come stay.

It’s crazy, I have so many half entertaining but also half pathetic stories from our visits over the years. We quit visiting her parents for a couple of years because he got addicted to pills but since he got sober he is more tolerable.

My very first visit there my mother in law made a nice dinner for everybody. Bill chose to go out with his buddies to get wings so he wasn’t present. He returned around 1 am and I was in the kitchen eating some left overs.

Bill looked into the fridge and started mumbling that effing bitch didn’t make me any food. I told him here have some of mine. He stated, no thanks Mike it’s not your fault. He then began to scream Mom you didn’t save me any leftover so I am not going fishing in the morning(his dad reserved a nice fishing charter for us the next day)!!! The mom got out of bed and came down stairs to look for food for him.

No joke, she babies him so much it’s ridiculous. If you say something to her about it or about him you become the bad guy.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I saw them interviewing this guy on CNN earlier. It was on mute so I gathered zero details.

I was simply pissed that this type of drivel qualifies as news these days rather than real news and world events.

Not even mad at CNN. They’re just giving the lobotomized ‘Merican TV viewer the mindless mush the crave so they don’t have to absorb more complex information. If CNN (or any network) reported serious news and analysis (sans panel of 4 people yelling), barely anyone would watch.

More sad than this guy and his folks going to court is the state of our desire to know about what’s going on elsewhere in the nation or on this planet.

I’m surprised funksouljon’s emplyer hasn’t given this guy an upper management job yet.

Im beginning to not hate millenials as much as much as their baby boomer/gen x parents. Theyre the ones who want to outlaw playing tag, not keep score in sports, and hand out participation trophies. No wonder these kids feel entitled.

“The Greatest Generation” brought into the world “The Worst Generation” (boomers).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT