ADVERTISEMENT

7 days of black & white pictures...

LesClaypool

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jan 12, 2004
Tallahassee
"Seven days. Seven B&W photos of my life. No people. No explanation. Challenge someone new everyday. Day 2. Today I challenge __________"

Is this one of the most annoying things to ever pop up on Facebook, or what?

"Challenge" someone...really?

I'd venture to guess that literally no one, not one single person, cares about your black & white, explanation-less photos. Maybe I'm wrong though.

What is the point of this nonsense? Who started it? Why does it bother me so much?

Never heard of it. Is it a campaign by Nikon or Canon or something?

I love photography (esp B&W) but wouldn't want to look at a bunch of crappy pictures. Most people can't take a decent pic to save their life.

Reactions: RTM58
Oh look!! Suzie posted a black and white of her outrageously overpriced half-caff, soy milk, light foam, double shot, cappuccino. That's so introspective and makes me question so many decision I make in my daily life.

That's the point right? Not really a challenge, but a no color bragathon?
Yes. It's just another opportunity for the Look at Me over-sharers.

Nah - it's not as bad as the copy/paste of about 100 didn't things to fill out about yourself - like "Ever ridden on a motorcycle?", "Ever been arrested", "Surgeries?", "Tattoos?" - I love that someone on my FB admitted to having had lipo before.

And, it certainly isn't as bad as the FB "30 days of thankfulness" - if only because 7 days of photos >> 30 days of random things/people they're thankful for.

I can’t stand this stupid challenge.

My wife did it and literally blocked her from my newsfeed during the week and reminder her how annoying it was.

Reactions: iowanole1
I don't do any of these challenges. They are just so damn dumb. You are right it's a look at me society we live in.

"Seven days. Seven B&W photos of my life. No people. No explanation. Challenge someone new everyday. Day 2. Today I challenge __________"

Is this one of the most annoying things to ever pop up on Facebook, or what?

"Challenge" someone...really?

I'd venture to guess that literally no one, not one single person, cares about your black & white, explanation-less photos. Maybe I'm wrong though.

What is the point of this nonsense? Who started it? Why does it bother me so much?
Everyone of these stupid Facebook "challenges" are annoying. Grounds for friend blocking if you ask me!! Some people literally have no life

I did this one, and it was actually fun. I also really enjoyed seeing what a bunch of my friends came up with for it. i am generally not a fan of “Facebook activism,” but posting pictures and seeing your friends’ pictures seems to be pretty much exactly what Facebook is good for.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Something so simple and that can be ignored couldn't actually bug people.
Not true - you’d have to ignore/turn off all of FB to ignore this particular nuisance. Of course that’s an option, but I don’t want to turn off the whole thing. It has SOME redeeming value.

Since I’m still in touch with a number of friends who are either great amateur or professional photographers I’m constantly sharing pics of where I travel to. I post pics to keep my family (mainly mother and MIL) and friends who care to know informed about where I am and what I’m doing and to get tips and advice from pro/am photographers I trust.

I actually enjoyed the black and white challenge. I typically don’t film in black and white and it made me go back through my pics to find those that would look best edited with no color.

I wouldn’t even say that “most” people are doing it to show off. I think most do it to show their family and the friends are kind of incidental and then friends will steal ideas (I’ve “stolen” ideas for vacations and restaurants from friends and have no doubt others “steal” from me when they show up six months later). It’s called being social. While a small handful of people may be “showing off” due to insecurity, I doubt anything approaching a majority really care beyond being social and keeping their family up to date.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT