ADVERTISEMENT

All this Tiger love...

Tom81

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Look I used to be a Tiger fan until he revealed himself to be a slimeball in
his personal life. The way he treated his wife, and the things he taught
his children (by example) will never be forgotten by me.

That said, I believe he is the greatest golfer ever to grace this planet.
His Masters win is stuff of legends. I fully acknowledge that he drives the money
wagon for the PGA. When Tiger is in the field the difference is palpable. Attendance,
TV viewers and Advertising money all spike precipitously.

Having acknowledged that, I'm sick of the Tiger coverage by ESPN. It's literally
worse than SEC football coverage. There is no oxygen for anyone or anything else.

It makes me want to puke from the overdose. Hey, give Tiger his coverage, just
not All the Coverage.
How about building up Brooks, DJ, Rory, Jason or anyone as a foil for Tiger trying
to surpass Jack the Great.

For E$PN, Tiger = $$$
For the PGA, Tiger = $$$
For the legions out there who watch golf casually, Tiger = $$$

I know that someone like DJ said that 'Tiger made golf cool', fine. Hey, golf was cool when Jack played and Faldo played and Arnie played and when Seve was rippin it and Norman was blowing it. And its great to watch when Koepka and JT and Spieth and Fowler play now...sorry, I don't tune in to watch Tiger. I tune in to watch golf...I watched the 2015 PGA Championship to see Day and Spieth battle. I tuned in to see Bubba grind it out at Augusta. I watched the 2018 US Open to see if Brooks could go back-to-back. I tuned in to the 2016 Masters to see a kid with immense talent falter on the back nine and come up short. And I watch Tommy and Phil and Henrik and Francisco and many others for a sheer love of the game - Ryders Cup, Presidents Cup, Walker Cup. Fill my cup with something cold because its g-o-l-f...

Sorry, that was my Mad Max moment there. I am not gonna not watch when TW is there. I watch because I enjoy golf. Tom, I hear ya...

As I was driving between jobs on Sunday I had it on he radio. SO I heard some of it.

I don't know what TV was doing (I have not watched my recording of that round yet), but on the radio broadcast the rooting openly for the guy to win I found to be too much to listen to. I did not find that to be very balanced sportscasting of an event.

How about building up Brooks, DJ, Rory, Jason or anyone as a foil for Tiger trying
to surpass Jack the Great.

Cause those guys are soft like white bread. Tiger exposed them at the Tour Championship last year and The Masters this year. They are all like a bunch of kids that have been playing with daddy’s things while he’s been away, and now they’re in trouble. Facts are facts, Tiger is professional golf right now. Period...

Cause those guys are soft like white bread. Tiger exposed them at the Tour Championship last year and The Masters this year. They are all like a bunch of kids that have been playing with daddy’s things while he’s been away, and now they’re in trouble. Facts are facts, Tiger is professional golf right now. Period...
Really!
If you want to say he is the best all time, we can argue him versus Jack till the cows come home.
Tiger IS professional golf right now? You must be joking right?
Tiger did great to win the Masters. Brooks has won 3 majors since just prior to Tiger winning this one.
Tiger, once again, did his choke job at the biggest Major the Ryder Cup! He must have heard rumors
Elin was coming after him with a 3 iron!
Give me a break.
There are a lot of great golfers out there. At this point in time, Tiger just reentered his name in the pool.

Reactions: cmanole

Agreed - I probably can't argue too much with that - Facts are facts, Tiger is professional golf right now. Period...but also, I like Wonderbread - ate a lot of it as a kid growing up...:D

Reactions: cmanole
Really!
If you want to say he is the best all time, we can argue him versus Jack till the cows come home.
Tiger IS professional golf right now? You must be joking right?
Tiger did great to win the Masters. Brooks has won 3 majors since just prior to Tiger winning this one.
Tiger, once again, did his choke job at the biggest Major the Ryder Cup! He must have heard rumors
Elin was coming after him with a 3 iron!
Give me a break.
There are a lot of great golfers out there. At this point in time, Tiger just reentered his name in the pool.
Tiger was still rehabbing while Brooks (and the rest) won. He is back now and everyone submisses. I’m no Tiger apologist, but until Brooks or DJ or JT or Rory can go toe to toe with him when he is in form, they are just other players on tour...

Brooks Koepka in Ryder Cup 4-3-1
Tiger Woods in Ryder Cup 13-21-3
Jack Nicklaus in Ryder Cup 16-8-3

Get back to me when Tiger grows a set for country and team mates.
His actions while married show what a self centered SOB he is.
His play in Ryder Cup just further verifies he doesn't perform for anyone but Tiger!

Tiger was still rehabbing while Brooks (and the rest) won. He is back now and everyone submisses. I’m no Tiger apologist, but until Brooks or DJ or JT or Rory can go toe to toe with him when he is in form, they are just other players on tour...

So correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Brooks go toe to toe with Tiger at 2018 PGA at Bellerive?
Who was TV behind? Who was the gallery behind? Who won?
With Tiger breathing down his neck, who lasered a a 4 iron on a difficult Par 3 16th?
He beat back Adam Scott, Justin Thomas and oh yeah, Tiger Woods.
Let me refresh your memory.
https://www.pga.com/events/pgachampionship/brooks-koepka-wins-2018-pga-championship

Are you now going to revise history and tell me Tiger baby wasn't in form? Oh poor baabbby!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT