ADVERTISEMENT

Any golfers on here?

divinnole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
After the exit of 90% of the board do we have any golfers left on here? Haven't seen any golf threads and with the Master's looming soon was looking for some golf conversation. As for me I play, I suck at it anymore. Use to play 2-3 times a week and played to a 5-7 handicap. Now I play about 12-15 times a year and consider it a good round if I come home with the same about of golf balls I started the round with. Does not matter if they were originally mine or someone else's. If i break 90 I think I am on my way back to the old game, only to shoot 95 the next round.

After the exit of 90% of the board do we have any golfers left on here? Haven't seen any golf threads and with the Master's looming soon was looking for some golf conversation. As for me I play, I suck at it anymore. Use to play 2-3 times a week and played to a 5-7 handicap. Now I play about 12-15 times a year and consider it a good round if I come home with the same about of golf balls I started the round with. Does not matter if they were originally mine or someone else's. If i break 90 I think I am on my way back to the old game, only to shoot 95 the next round.
Gee that sounds familiar. Used to play 3 times per week and after shooting say 84 I’d go home and could only remember the 3 putts and the OB’s. Now if I play I’m lucky to break 100. But I’m glad for the 3 good shots I hit

Reactions: tjllml
Gee that sounds familiar. Used to play 3 times per week and after shooting say 84 I’d go home and could only remember the 3 putts and the OB’s. Now if I play I’m lucky to break 100. But I’m glad for the 3 good shots I hit

I keep looking for the round when I totally suck and hit no good shots the entire round. When that happens I will quit for good. As it is those 3 or 4 shots like I use to hit all the time keep me coming back.

Reactions: noleone99
Played enough to know I will never make a living at it and to appreciate how good these pros are.
Went to Augusta practice round once...impressive and depressing at the same time knowing i'll never hit a ball like that ever in my life.

Play 2-3 times a week. Traveling for work has it’s perks with it staying light out longer. 10.4 index. I wish we had a little bit better golf scene in tally

not sure If I count 'cause I never broke a hundy but it was tons of fun physically its off the board for me

Since I have retired I have played quite a bit. I'm still a 24 handicap. I will have a great round followed up by a round where I can't put together two good shots in a row.

However, if there was ever a trophy for a 3 putt champion, it would have my name on it!

Most frustrating game in the world (other than watching FSU FB and baseball). My last 3 rds played in the last 2 weeks. 93, 79, 88. Why I can't keep playing like the 79 round is what makes it so frustrating.

Well if you count buying 2 packs of balls and losing every single one by the 8th hole then yes, I’m a golfer. Not sure what is more impressive- my swing without touching the ball on the tee or the ball flying sideways off the tee and off the wall of the retirement community buildings nearby. That or being told I’m not allowed to drive the golf cart onto the green....

Sounds a lot like me when I started. God gave me the ability to take a stick and ball and hit it a long way so instead of the wall of a retirement center I hit one thru a 2nd floor condo balcony glass door 280 yards downrange and at least 50 yards off the fairway. I considered it a good round if I finished the round with same amount of balls I started with whether they were mine or someone else's I found in the woods. It was a great round if I ended with more than I started with.

I posted this yesterday in a thread on TC:

I really have never understood the love affair so many folks have for TW. Granted when he is on his game none have ever done it better, but he is one of the most pompous arrogant rude people who have ever played the game. I have a family member whose job with the PGA brings her in weekly contact with all the PGA players. She and others I have met through her with the PGA have nothing flattering to say about him. Yesterday when the security guy slipped and lightly grazed him one would have thought a mack truck had run into him the way the limp and hobbled around until it was time to hit the ball again. Never saw the limp afterward.
I will say if he attitude when he first came on tour was like it is today I might could stand him a little better. Or perhaps if the announcers did not act they would lick the sweat off his balls it might not be so intolerable to watch him. Other players nice shots become astonishing shots if TW hits the same shot. Still can't believe the number of you who would like to see him win this over a Nole.

Reactions: hatsbo
Absolutely wonderful seeing Tiger win and hold hug his son and daughter . I watched ever major win he was on top. He was just amazing to watch in his prime. Not sure if he will win another but today was just awesome!

Much as I'd like to claim prescience, my post had nothing to do with Tiger or the Masters.

That said, watching him in action Sunday was a wonderful sports experience.

"I will say if he attitude when he first came on tour was like it is today I might could stand him a little better.

Sums up my feelings perfectly. I think somebody paid off Brooks and DJ to let Tiger get one more lol

Reactions: fsukenny
"I will say if he attitude when he first came on tour was like it is today I might could stand him a little better.

Sums up my feelings perfectly. I think somebody paid off Brooks and DJ to let Tiger get one more lol
I would think they rather add that green jacket considering they are rich anyways

I posted this yesterday in a thread on TC:

I really have never understood the love affair so many folks have for TW. Granted when he is on his game none have ever done it better, but he is one of the most pompous arrogant rude people who have ever played the game. I have a family member whose job with the PGA brings her in weekly contact with all the PGA players. She and others I have met through her with the PGA have nothing flattering to say about him. Yesterday when the security guy slipped and lightly grazed him one would have thought a mack truck had run into him the way the limp and hobbled around until it was time to hit the ball again. Never saw the limp afterward.
I will say if he attitude when he first came on tour was like it is today I might could stand him a little better. Or perhaps if the announcers did not act they would lick the sweat off his balls it might not be so intolerable to watch him. Other players nice shots become astonishing shots if TW hits the same shot. Still can't believe the number of you who would like to see him win this over a Nole.
I read in a golf magazine I'm the past that Phil was the least liked among his peers and as arrogant if not more than tiger. Brooks will win plenty more . Tiger winning a major after 11 years is a great come back story and ratings with him playing good will be higher for golf than anyone on tour

My family member has told me the same thing about PM.

Ironically my favorite golfer was always Paul Azinger. She never liked Paul. It was more of just a clash of personalities. She said he was he was nice, just they seem to rub each other the wrong way.

The guy was the ultimate ass. But 7 years of stinking will bring both perspective and humility. Lets hope the original Tiger never rears his ugliness again.
Koepka gave away the tournament at 12. NEVER EVER go at the pin @ 12 on the last day. NEVER !

The guy was the ultimate ass. But 7 years of stinking will bring both perspective and humility. Lets hope the original Tiger never rears his ugliness again.
Koepka gave away the tournament at 12. NEVER EVER go at the pin @ 12 on the last day. NEVER !
I’ve never been either pro or con TW to any extent. But yesterday’s broadcast was a perfect example of why I’ve always been turned off about him. The dang announcers are SO gushy about everything he does and after listening for a while to all the superlatives I can’t stand any more. Makes me think they never saw Jack or Arnie or Greg Norman or any other great golfer before Tiger. It’s like they came to the game late and he’s the only thing they know.

I’ve never been either pro or con TW to any extent. But yesterday’s broadcast was a perfect example of why I’ve always been turned off about him. The dang announcers are SO gushy about everything he does and after listening for a while to all the superlatives I can’t stand any more. Makes me think they never saw Jack or Arnie or Greg Norman or any other great golfer before Tiger. It’s like they came to the game late and he’s the only thing they know.

Not a new thing with them. Back in his heyday they were just as bad. Probably worse because he with a sprinkle of Phil were pretty much the show.

One thing I questioned on Sat. on #2 he hit a ball far left and it clearly went into a think flowering big tree. Everyone around it hurried to the bush looking for it. Next time we see him on the hole his ball is no where near the bush, sitting in the open with a clear shot to he green. The bush the ball clearly entered was 30' away.

Reactions: fsukenny
Not a new thing with them. Back in his heyday they were just as bad. Probably worse because he with a sprinkle of Phil were pretty much the show.

One thing I questioned on Sat. on #2 he hit a ball far left and it clearly went into a think flowering big tree. Everyone around it hurried to the bush looking for it. Next time we see him on the hole his ball is no where near the bush, sitting in the open with a clear shot to he green. The bush the ball clearly entered was 30' away.
I saw that too. I wondered how he could hit the ball so bad off the tee and always had an open shot.

Agree it’s not new but to me it’s worse now. I used to like Jim Nantz but now he’s just too over the top. About everything he covers

ADVERTISEMENT