ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else watch LivGolf today?

Claytown

All-ACC
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2013
I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I like the format with individual and teams. The prize money is crazy. Wish there were a few more top players. I will watch tomorrow also.

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I like the format with individual and teams. The prize money is crazy. Wish there were a few more top players. I will watch tomorrow also.
Where is it available?

I won't watch one second.....never liked Greg "choke job" Norman back in the day, and the players that have defected from the PGA tour are some of my least favorite on tour (Sergio, DJ, Bryson, Westwood, etc).

Hate their F1-style leaderboard but enjoyed the golf. Not sure I like the shotgun starts (probably just used to drawn out play on tv), you miss a lot more. I think the fields will get stronger over time.

Hate their F1-style leaderboard but enjoyed the golf. Not sure I like the shotgun starts (probably just used to drawn out play on tv), you miss a lot more. I think the fields will get stronger over time.
I agree. The fields will probably get stronger. Just too much money not to. $4mil for first plus potential team money and $120,000 for last place. Beats missing the cut and not get paid at all. You are right about the F1-style leaderboard although I did not make the connection when I was watching.

Reactions: WilleyOleNole
Nope…. Would not be surprised if some of the players get booed when the tour starts in the United States.

It’s an interesting concept. Probably not my personal cup of tea, but the PGA has to be very concerned. The PGA model honestly isn’t all that great — vis-a-vis other professional leagues — unless you are a top 50 (or so) player (making big cash from endorsements).

I'd be surprised, seeing as how they won't be allowed by the PGA to play.
I think he means when the LivGolf tour comes to the US which is the end of June. I would be surprised if someone bought a ticket to the event just to boo the players.

It’s an interesting concept. Probably not my personal cup of tea, but the PGA has to be very concerned. The PGA model honestly isn’t all that great — vis-a-vis other professional leagues — unless you are a top 50 (or so) player (making big cash from endorsements).
The 48 man field in London was overall pretty weak, but they do have a few big names and you had DeChambeau, Patrick Reed and Pat Perez defecting and will participate in the next event. Also possibly Ricky Fowler. If they can get 48 PGA tour quality players in this, it will get real interesting.

I honestly doubt I’ll ever watch. The field is so so so weak.

ADVERTISEMENT