ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone Ever Try to Watch USFL Football?

FisherWilcoxTaggart Survivor

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 22, 2020
I just can't get into it. Unknown players. Generally boring football. (Literally) empty stands....how is this thing still going?

I think the decision to have all the games in one stadium hurts the product. The product is ok, seems like a scrimmage of guys trying to get in the league, which I think long-term good will be a good thing, but this version will not cut it.
The XFL before COVID had some appeal because local fans seemed to be into the games, it was a better atmosphere which was more appealing. It will be interesting what the Rock and his team do when they start next year with the XFL edition 3.

Reactions: NoleLizards
I just can't get into it. Unknown players. Generally boring football. (Literally) empty stands....how is this thing still going?
I have watched a couple of games and can't really get into it either. I remember seeing De'Andre Johnson playing for the Generals earlier this year. I read where each player gets $4000 per game or $40,000 for the 10 game season plus playoff money if the team makes it.

I will say this... The way the league is set up promotes parity. Most of the games are close. I like some of the rules such as the 4th and 15 in lieu of an onside kick and the option of going for three following a TD.

I'm actually looking forward to watching the playoffs starting next weekend.

The only games worth watching are Birmingham since some fans do come out (And that team is one of the better ones) but yeah it's hard without it.

I understand why they've gone this route as it cuts down on costs, and it's working more as a way for players to get seen by the NFL. But it's not a great viewing product.

The only games worth watching are Birmingham since some fans do come out (And that team is one of the better ones) but yeah it's hard without it.

I understand why they've gone this route as it cuts down on costs, and it's working more as a way for players to get seen by the NFL. But it's not a great viewing product.
Is there any reason to think it makes it past this season?

ADVERTISEMENT