ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone had their debit card hacked lately?

BucaNole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2007
Live in Tallahassee, both my wife and I have been hacked separately over the last two months and we go to different places during the work day for food and gas, and when we eat out or go out together I'm paying. Coincidentally, we've both been hacked and there have been withdrawals from the Cap Circle NE TGIF Fridays. Starting to suspect someone there is involved and there is some sort of ring going on.

Reactions: squiffynole
Do you go to TGIF often? If the answer is yea then one of the waitstaff skimmed your cards.

Also on a tangent, I love how in Canada they bring the charge machine to your table and you enter the info/tip there and get your receipt all at the tableside. Card never leaves your sight

Do you go to TGIF often? If the answer is yea then one of the waitstaff skimmed your cards.

Also on a tangent, I love how in Canada they bring the charge machine to your table and you enter the info/tip there and get your receipt all at the tableside. Card never leaves your sight

Lot of places are starting to offer this now. Noticed Houston airport is no-servers, at-table ordering and payment all-together.

I haven’t been in a TGIF Friday’s since the early 2000’s.

Gas stations are a huge problem, especially if they are full service.

Reactions: dmm5157
Live in Tallahassee, both my wife and I have been hacked separately over the last two months and we go to different places during the work day for food and gas, and when we eat out or go out together I'm paying. Coincidentally, we've both been hacked and there have been withdrawals from the Cap Circle NE TGIF Fridays. Starting to suspect someone there is involved and there is some sort of ring going on.

Apparently a proficient skimmer with no taste....seriously, they know a bartender there or a server....they know they're not going to be challenged.

Never have been to TGIF...Sure Happy It's Thursday is awesome though!

I haven’t been in a TGIF Friday’s since the early 2000’s.
Seems on par for TGIF from a lot of people.

Anyhoo, I am guessing a gas station then. I don't know if it's effective but I so grab the credit card slot and try and dislodge it before using my card in it.

Anyone had their debit card hacked lately?

Not since I tried to use it in Moscow during the Ukrain/Crimea Invasion sanctions...

Happened to me a couple of times in Tallahassee years ago, so I never use my debit card anymore. If there is ever an issue now, I let Capital One deal with it.
Pretty sure mine happened at Shell stations.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Happened to me a couple of times in Tallahassee years ago, so I never use my debit card anymore. If there is ever an issue now, I let Capital One deal with it.
Pretty sure mine happened at Shell stations.

Yep.

Happened to me at a gas station a few years ago. Learned my lesson to never use a debit card anywhere but the ATM. I always use a credit card now especially in restaurants where the waiter can skim the number very easily.

One more reason to use a credit card. You dispute the charge and don't have to pay it instead of fighting to get your money back.

Always use my credit card now.

Just last month, my bank called me and asked me if I caught a taxi in Mexico. LOL

Had to get a replacement card, but still better than trying to get your money back.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Yep - card wouldn’t work at the sex robot brothel. So embarrassing

Would have stayed under the limit if you had not tried to get a virgin model and just banged one with a couple miles on it.

And not sure why you'd be embarrassed at a robot brothel. They scrub robot vaginas to clean up skeet skeet skeet for a living.

Last edited:
Reactions: TexSkills
Guess we will just have to pay cash going forward. Might increase my walking around money to $2100.

I just had mine hacked last week. I'm not even in the states, but it was used in the states. I work overseas haven't been home since late August. Later that same week somebody stole my Identity also and tried to get a verizon account in FL, lucky the service I have monitoring my credit reports notified me right away. All my credit files are locked now with fraud warnings.

Last edited:
a month ago I was in Colombia and got a charge on my debit card from a bank in Indonesia. Got a new card and reported it immediately when I saw it back home.. WF investigated and refunded the charge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT